Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitten in Limerick

Options
  • 23-06-2010 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey, I am looking for a kitten. I am based in Limerick City. Im not looking for a pedigree-just a tabby kitten. If at all possible I would love a grey striped kitten (like my childhood cat!!) but obviously would be interested in anyone who is giving away kittens. If anyone has any info PM me. Thanks again!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

chloe1984 wrote: »
    Hey, I am looking for a kitten. I am based in Limerick City. Im not looking for a pedigree-just a tabby kitten. If at all possible I would love a grey striped kitten (like my childhood cat!!) but obviously would be interested in anyone who is giving away kittens. If anyone has any info PM me. Thanks again!

If you go to Limerick Animal Welfares site and go to the Rehoming tab, then cats for rehoming, there are some lovely looking kittens there..... you should definitely consider them....

• Registered Users Posts: 17 chloe1984

If you go to Limerick Animal Welfares site and go to the Rehoming tab, then cats for rehoming, there are some lovely looking kittens there..... you should definitely consider them....

I have considered them and have even spoken to them on the phone. they are fantastic. My only issue is that Im not driving and they are based an hour away from Limerick City so getting there would be quite difficult. Donty mind asking friends to drive me round Limerick City but an hour each way is a bit of an ask.

Anyway if anyone does know of someone giving away kittens in the Limerick City area :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

hour away from Limerick City so getting there would be quite difficult. Donty mind asking friends to drive me round Limerick City but an hour each way is a bit of an ask.

LAW deal with Crescent vets a lot (or used to last time I checked) they have been known to organise someone dropping an animal at the vets for you to collect, but you'd be better off seeing the animal first and meeting them.

This Sunday would be perfect for you to visit them
    if you have no transport as.........

From their website:
    Want to visit the sanctuary? No transport? Our Open Day is on the 27th June at 12 noon. Coach leaving BROWN THOMAS' at 11.15am on Sunday 27th June, Limerick to Kilfinane. Return Time : Leaving Kilfinane at 2.30 for Limerick. EUR10.00 per person Please prebook to avoid disappointment as it is on a first come first served basis Contact Susan on 0861721330 or Saturday morning staff in shop.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Try the doors in Paws and Claws in Foxes bow, and the boards around the cres by the bathrooms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 nazman

I have considered them and have even spoken to them on the phone. they are fantastic. My only issue is that Im not driving and they are based an hour away from Limerick City so getting there would be quite difficult. Donty mind asking friends to drive me round Limerick City but an hour each way is a bit of an ask.

Anyway if anyone does know of someone giving away kittens in the Limerick City area :)

out there yesterday, they've some really lovely kittens. we took an adult for our sister. donation policy is 80 euros, covers nueterering and vacs, we threw 20 for the extra. well worth annoying your mates, LAW are a great bunch of people doing good work.

• Advertisement

Still Looking if anyone has any info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Limerick animal welfare have foster homes all over the city im sure they could sort out gettign a cat into town for you. I got my too pups from a foster home in rebogue.

Limerick animal welfare have foster homes all over the city im sure they could sort out gettign a cat into town for you. I got my too pups from a foster home in rebogue.

Ive been on to them. They cant. They dont have any kitten in foster care at the moment and they said they dont have any liinks with vets that I could collect from. I checked the signs in Paws n Claws too and it was only pedigree kittens for sale. I thought this would be easier at this time of year!!! I was just hoping to find a family who had a cat with kittens they were trying to rehome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Was out in the Limerick Animal welfare site today
    as there was a bus out and back (I dont have transport myself so took the oppertunity to get a trip out there)

They have LOADS of adorable kittens. (At a rough guess at least 30-50 of them)
    Some of their eyes are still blue so they are only a few weeks old. There are some lovely ones and some are outgoing and friendly at such a young age.

Would be really worth it if you managed to find someone that could drive you out there and back. The place is fantastic.

I should have taken more pics but it was so busy with adults and kids running in front of me all of the time blocking my view only took a few shots.

th_IMG_0979.jpgth_IMG_0980.jpgth_IMG_0981.jpg

th_IMG_0982.jpgth_IMG_1014.jpgth_IMG_1013.jpgth_IMG_1011.jpg

This last one was a so called "wild cat" that was let out, everyone petted the cat and it seemed
    to be fairly tame, so tame it decided to go sleeping in the rabbit encloser.
    th_IMG_1020.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Ive been on to them. They cant. They dont have any kitten in foster care at the moment and they said they dont have any liinks with vets that I could collect from. I checked the signs in Paws n Claws too and it was only pedigree kittens for sale. I thought this would be easier at this time of year!!! I was just hoping to find a family who had a cat with kittens they were trying to rehome.

thinking of getting one myself at the moment, If i'm driving out I'll send ya a PM and let you know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I was thinking of getting a Kitten too recently.must be something in the air! I might be driving out there later on this week,I will pm you If I am.
    Those kittens that bullets posted are so cute,how on earth am I gona choose one!

I was just wondering on the cat front. I'll be moving from Rathkeale to Cork in September where I'll be going to college. Do cats mind being moved around a bit, as Il want to bring it home at weekends and Summer holidays?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

The photos are fab - thanks for posting! :)

Delighted there is so much interest in adopting from LAW. :) I know the donation can be off-putting, but all the kittens are wormed, de-flead, vaccinated and the donation includes neutering. Do all that yourself with your own vet and it'll cost you a heck of a lot more. ;)

The boys are rehomed at eight weeks, and LAW put you in touch with a vet who will neuter them for you when they're old enough at no extra charge to you.

The girls we hold on to until they are 12 weeks and we neuter them before they leave us - but you can reserve one.

The "wild" cat is Monty - he's not wild at all! :D He had a great time welcoming all the visitors! :p

boomerang wrote: »

Delighted there is so much interest in adopting from LAW. :) I know the donation can be off-putting, but all the kittens are wormed, de-flead, vaccinated and the donation includes neutering. Do all that yourself with your own vet and it'll cost you a heck of a lot more. ;)

The boys are rehomed at eight weeks, and LAW put you in touch with a vet who will neuter them for you when they're old enough at no extra charge to you.

The girls we hold on to until they are 12 weeks and we neuter them before they leave us - but you can reserve one.

The "wild" cat is Monty - he's not wild at all! :D He had a great time welcoming all the visitors! :p

Thanks Everyone. I got sorted and Im delighted.

Also, just for the record Im a big supporter of Limk Animal Welfare. I often gove them money and have adopted a dog from there in the past. The money would never put me off-you are gonna pay that for the shots that you must get your kitten anyway. Just on this occassion I couldnt have gotten out there.

Thanks for all the help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

panda100 wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting a Kitten too recently.must be something in the air!

Going to be a tall order to find a flying Kitten this time of year!!!! :p
    panda100 wrote: »
    Those kittens that bullets posted are so cute!

Were they still cute after the Postman squidged them in the Letterbox :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Oh dear... Keep the day job raiser :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

boomerang wrote: »

The donation wouldn't put me off at all. In fact, I think its very good value for getting all those necessary vet stuff done. When I get my new kitty,Il post the pics up here :)

Advertisement