Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Power ISO non bootable image?

• 23-06-2010 8:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭

I have an ISO file that I want to burn to cd/dvd so I can boot from the cd/dvd but when I open Power ISO it says it's a non bootable image.

I don't use Power ISO an awful lot, is there a way of making the file bootable.

In the past I've opened some files by mounting them and selecting "No Media". But I don't think it's possible all with files.

Any ideas:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

I have an ISO file that I want to burn to cd/dvd so I can boot from the cd/dvd but when I open Power ISO it says it's a non bootable image.

I don't use Power ISO an awful lot, is there a way of making the file bootable.

In the past I've opened some files by mounting them and selecting "No Media". But I don't think it's possible all with files.

Any ideas:confused:
    What is the ISO of? is it a bootable program?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭WeirdoFreak

I'm trying to install Vista.

Ok first of all WHY? its a terrible OS.

And just try burning it anyway and see if it boots.

Teutorix wrote: »
    Ok first of all WHY? its a terrible OS.

And just try burning it anyway and see if it boots.

I know I don't really like it, but I'm having some problems ever since I installed windows 7 so want to re-install vista. I already tried burning it, but it's not booting up when I insert disc, it just has the ISO file on the disc.

Wait now, I think I've actually just sussed it out as we speak.

You must have been burning the ISO to the disc as a file rather than copying the image as a disc

• Advertisement

Teutorix wrote: »
    You must have been burning the ISO to the disc as a file rather than copying the image as a disc

Yep I think that's what I was doing. Cheers:D

Advertisement