Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christening

Options
  • 23-06-2010 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

Hope this is in the right place, and never thought I would ever post in the Parenting section :D

We have the nephews christening coming up in the next few weeks and are not sure what to get for the child.

I am thinking, something very, but sentimental and some money in a card, and let the parents buy essentials, or something they will actually use instead of putting to one side and forgetting it.

Would this be ok? Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I got my baby cousin a "music for babies" cd, apparently he absolutely adores it
    Maybe something like that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Money is fine, as are clothes, money boxes, toys etc. I bought one nephew an apple tree :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

I asked the same question today to a friend as I have my niece's christening on Saturday and I'm godmother.
    My friend told me about little silver jugs that the priest can use to pour the water on the baby during the christening ceremony. I thought it was such a lovely idea I went staright out to buy one.
    I got it in a jewellers for €12.95. It's silver and has Precious Baby stamped on it - but there were about 10 different varieties/prices. I think it's a lovely keepsake and it can also be part of the ceremony! :)

Advertisement