Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting Metal Gates

• 23-06-2010 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Just looking at painting the gates going into the driveway. I have stripped back the paint to almost bare metal/original primer. I was going to paint them with triflow metal care but since i have stripped them i have been considering spraying them.

Is there a suitable black spray paint that will suit outdoors?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Is there a suitable black spray paint that will suit outdoors?

No, not easily available. There are spray cans of black suitable for metal but you'll shelll out 8 or ten quid for a can and it doesnt go that far.

Use triflow or similar and give it 2 thinly applied coats.. dont shovel it on thick trying to get it done in one go

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

snyper wrote: »
    No, not easily available. There are spray cans of black suitable for metal but you'll shelll out 8 or ten quid for a can and it doesnt go that far.

Use triflow or similar and give it 2 thinly applied coats.. dont shovel it on thick trying to get it done in one go

Cheers mate you are about right with the price for the cans. Had to go to a few different places to get them. I got two cans of undercoat and two cans of black top coat for 30 quid. Happy enough with that isnt too expensive and lasted pretty well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Hey DR, whereabouts did you pick up the paint for that price, can you PM the address.

Advertisement