Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Wexford

Options
  • 23-06-2010 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I just got a new job in Wexford town and I'm going to move there :) I am not overly familiar with the area so anything you can tell me about it would be great!

Where would be the best place to live in Wexford town? What is there to do for a 20 something female? Clubs I could join, nightlife etc

I get a really good vibe from the town so far, am surprised as I didn't think it was so big! I'm really excited about moving there and my new job, looking forward to all things Wexford :)

Thanks everyone :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Hi,

Welcome to Wexford.... Its a great place.

With regards as to where to live, the easiest way would be to stay in a b&b for a week and have a look around your self. I live in Clonard, which I like, but parts of the area are a bit of a walk from town. Once you move down it will be easy to find a place - just look in the people / echo newpaper.

There are loads of clubs to join - at any age (I'm early thirties). There are tennis clubs, walking clubs, rugby clubs, rowing clubs if you are into sport. There are also drama clubs, toastmasters, light opera society, dance... everything really.

I think the best thing about Wexford is that there is always something for people to do... and there is a club that suits everyone...

Good luck in your new job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭gagiteebo

Hi Dinkie,

Thanks a million for your reply :) Yeah a friend and I were thinking of going down and doing that, probably the best idea! I'm going to be working in the town so anywhere that's close enough to it would be great....will have a look!

I'm more into water sports than anything so pleased to hear there's something for everyone. Into drama and musicals too so sounds very promising :D

Like I said I got a great vibe from the place so very excited about the move :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

You will love it... I moved back here about 3 years ago after being away (abroad) for about 10 years and found it really easy to settle into and make friends.

Advertisement