Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"unusual" shirt patterns

• 23-06-2010 9:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

I have far too many block color and striped shirts

I'm avoiding checked as I think they are quite overdone at the moment

I'm not too fond of boxy patterns - e.g. Gingham, Plaid unless they are a bit 'different'

Want to get some new shirts that stand out a little bit - for going out and for work (casual dress workplace)

Any recommendations for shirts or shirt patterns? Would be great if you could suggest shops in Dublin City Centre/Dundrum or Blanchardstown too

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Go online. Very few if any shops in Ireland do anything different in dress shirts.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

OldGoat wrote: »
    Go online. Very few if any shops in Ireland do anything different in dress shirts.

:(

Not keen on buying shirts online as I can't afford to buy nice shirts that i'm not sure will fit well, nor can I afford to have them tailored!

Some stuff I found.. don't like either of them though :(

mi-3895nv.jpg

th-16675nv.jpg

More ugly..

image1xl.jpg
    image1xl.jpg

This is getting closer but its possibly a bit OTT, and would prefer LS

image1xl.jpg

Is there such a thing as a nice two-tone shirt?

image1xl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Right, you need to check out brands like Ted Baker, Paul Smith, Simon Carter etc in order to find something a bit different. They're all great quality - unfortunately it seems that you have to spend more to get more when it comes to something a bit different in mens' shirts.

Ted Baker
    large-floral-print-pashion-shirt-10247_634002791383845344.jpg

long-sleeve-print-shirt-14601_634085816810477892.jpg

Paul Smith
    jbfj-897g-220-s-39149.jpg

jbfj-863h-219-w-39404.jpg

Simon Carter
    I_131087646_00_20100203?wid=115&hei=153&op_usm=1,1,0,0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭postgrad23

Oh wow! Those Ted Baker shirts are lovely, how much are they? Might get them as a present for my boyfriend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Your best bet is to buy from the Ted Baker store online - that usually offers the best value.

There is also a Ted Baker store in Kildare Village - but stock can be limited there, although the prices can be very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

There's also the store on Grafton Street, though that option is probably the least value for money compared to the options Dudara listed.

Advertisement