Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Germany v England, Sunday 3pm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Just like ours and the handball

Why does someone have to bring that up in every fcuking thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

True, though there is no excuse for the linesman not seeing that IMO. Not sure where the ref was, maybe his vision was compromised but he should have gotten help.

Linesman was a mile off pace. Its a fúcking shocking decision not to give that goal, it was clearly over the line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Livvie wrote: »
    But it happens time and time again, and even if it's not ideal, it generally balances out. We'll get a good decision we don't deserve another time.

Frustrating, but there's just no point in us whinging about it.

horsecrap to be honest.

Some dubious decision in a qualifying game is never going to even out a pathetic call like that in a world cup knock out game.

You think Germany feel getting a goal they should not have vs Latvia in a qualifying game at some point since 66 evens out a wrong call in the 66 final?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Just like ours and the handball

except it will be 10 times worse than our media.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,597 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Not allowed to, what's more if there is a contentious decision, the replays are not supposed to be played on the big screens. Or at least that is how it is in games that I have been to in the prem.

Thats to avoid trouble at the games in premiership, they've been replaying pretty much everything as per the TV coverage on the big screens at world cup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Going to be some second half ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

I'm finding it difficult to feel sorry for England because on another predominantly English forum that i'm on, they were laughing about the Henry situation.

I'm going to have fun this evening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Something will no doubt be done because an important nation was affected badly by it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hansen and co. actually got out of jail with that because their pre-match analysis was woeful yet they can now focus on the goal not given.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

boo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A ****ing disgrace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Help who do I watch irate BBC or Rte ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

copacetic wrote: »
    Thats to avoid trouble at the games in premiership, they've been replaying pretty much everything as per the TV coverage on the big screens at world cup.

You do know what teams are playing don't you?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

england or not, seriously fifa get the finger out of yer hole and start using video technology

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

baz2009 wrote: »

It's like being Godwined!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Get over it. England will get a dodgy pen in the 2nd half to even it out.

Chill.

Degag wrote: »
    I'm finding it difficult to feel sorry for England because on another predominantly English forum that i'm on, they were laughing about the Henry situation.

And we laughed about the Maradona handball. see where I am coming from ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

baz2009 wrote: »

Same reason someone has to bring up the tabloids.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Whats Jagger doing there he supports the USA these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

jesus just seen it again - its shocking. How did the officials not see it. Absurd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Doesn't matter if Germany end up winning 5-1 now, still hear the ''if the goal stood it would have been a different game''.

Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

There is something seriously wrong when everybody in the stadium and around the world saw that ball go over the line except the most important man on the field ,the referee , he has linesmen ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

boring match. don't think ill bother watching the second half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

bad2dabone wrote: »
    in fairness englands game is in the WC, Irelands was a qualifier.

But they'll have to bring in a Video Ref after this latest fiasco.

So?

If we were getting financial, we could quite easily say the Henry goal cost Ireland's FA more than that one would cost the Engish FA?

Anyway, I don't see your point tbh - I will be very interested to see if the English policy makers make some serious lobbying for some kind of tech after this, especially if they lose.

In fairness to them, the majority of English pundits, policymakers etc usually are outspoken in their support of technology, even before this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

In the interest of fairness and to give Blatter a big F off Germany should pass the ball to an English player and let him score at will. Then the game would not be in disrepute and Germany will more than likely score again to win the game, but at least England will not feel cheated.

I though they were to introduce GAA style umpires after Henry's cheating. ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I remember Motty at the time saying we should "just get over it", i wonder will his opinion on goal line technology be the same now :rolleyes:

BBC saying that England should be four or five goals down, notice people are not mentioning that on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Omg shearer called England inept :o

bryanjf wrote: »
    england or not, seriously fifa get the finger out of yer hole and start using video technology

Have to agree, its makes a mockery of "fairplay"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Shearer slating England...first 30 minutes was the most inept performance he as ever seen from an England team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Definate goal. The worst thing about it is that it was absolutely sensational from Lampard, and imo would have been the goal of the tournament. Amazing lob.

Second thing, amazing that the first goal was actually offside. I didnt spot it, nor did anyone it seems, until that replay 5 minutes later. Absolutely awful defending from Terry.

Indeed Terry has been all over the shop, and Upson not much better, but at least he made up for it with a goal.

Lampard and Gerrard are the ones making things happen. Gerrard's cross set up the goal and Lampard all but scored.

I still think their system just doesnt work. Lampard and Gerrard keep making forward runs and the defence has nobody to pass the ball to. Barry is **** when in possession, and England are struggling because of it. I'd bring on Carrick for Barry, since Barry isn't giving much protection anyway. Milner is still a threat, but I think some pace is needed on the wings, so either him or Gerrard has to go.

They have the better of this German side in terms of players, but their system just doesnt work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

If we get another dodgy decision like this in a game involving 2 big teams there'll be a serious call for a video ref or goal line sensors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

and the free pizzas if the germans concede a goal

Bit different to the Ireland situation though - that was a French player. Unless we're blaming the German goalie for not owning up.

This is down to the referee, and **** happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Omg shearer called England inept :o

At least they're not being biased like ITV

Calling it like it is for once

I remember Motty at the time saying we should "just get over it", i wonder will his opinion on goal line technology be the same now :rolleyes:

But we can't get over it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

BBC saying that England should be four or five goals down, notice people are not mentioning that on here.

they're doing decent analysis for once

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

except it will be 10 times worse than our media.

I wonder will the BBC do a what if sketch at the start of the final.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

a part of me wants it to stay like this because this could be the the beginning of the end for sepp and his anti video evidence

ireland is nothing to fifa but england is a different beast altogether

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Selective hearing as per usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Doesn't matter if Germany end up winning 5-1 now, still hear the ''if the goal stood it would have been a different game''.

Oh well.

In fairness England are lucky not to be about 4/5 behind.

Even the lads in the BBC studio saying similar.

As did Lawro on the comm.

Football 365?? they won't take it well and you will get banned, if the roumers are to believed about how much that site has been sanitised

• Advertisement

Selective hearing as per usual.

Sure don't we all have that and selective vision ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

No venom intended ...

But I hope England lose because of that disallowed goal . Nothing against England but it will get one of the biggest/powerful FA's (ENG) get on the video Technology call to FIFA&UEFA .
    This game could be bad for England team but good for the game .

Sepp Blatter is on the crowd , there is no one more than him hoping England win . Fooking coward .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

bad2dabone wrote: »
    jesus just seen it again - its shocking. How did the officials not see it. Absurd.

Because they weren't in a position to see it.

Thanks FIFA for that. Just put a chip in the ball and a piece of metal on the goal line. No need to stop play or review videos. So easy to do it. Technology is already there being used in tennis, ice hockey etc.

mixednuts is right. If the English FA/Prem had balls, (no pun intended:p) they would implemented in the Prem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Sh1t will hit the fan after the match. It will take a big nation to get Sepp to change his stupid ****ing ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

Which forum is that? I've seen far more sympathy for the Irish than the opposite.

B:Drady kicking off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

redout wrote: »
    In fairness England are lucky not to be about 4/5 behind.

Even the lads in the BBC studio saying similar.

As did Lawro on the comm.

Of course they are. James has been their best player.

Still think Germany will win by 2 at least.

England defense is a joke tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

because it is not at all relevant to the issue being discussed.

The simply fact is England should be level at 2-2 each the officials were not incompetent.

The fact Germany missed chances has no bearing on that at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Brady is lovin' this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fair point they did acknowledge that, but they didn't say anything about their pre-match analysis that Germany were "average" and that few of their players would make the England side.

• Advertisement
Advertisement