Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Germany v England, Sunday 3pm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Capello talking about why we still have no 5th Ref .

Sepp Blatter seen running from stadium at 89th minute .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

df1985 wrote: »
    shut up gabby logan
    When did Frank Lampard score? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Cappello: "we play well":rolleyes::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

John Giles was right. Gabby Logan is awful. I wonder if RTE will broadcast this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

fullstop wrote: »
    Who said he should be ripping the piss about them FFS? He was nearly in tears after the 4th goal by the sounds of him.

Does that make him less Irish??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

England whenever in this tournament the opposition has the ball they just never looked like they gave a fiddlers fart in geting it back. Cant understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

ragg wrote: »
    Obviously not, but i think they really believed the shíté they were talking before the match. They did think that germans were a poor side and they would win it comfortably

Don't have the beefits of UK media - can you tell me what exactly was said?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Lampard was very disappointing and Milner was better when he was on the wing but he kept coming inside and Barry wasn't good enough he wasn't the worst but he wasn't good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,994 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

antodeco wrote: »
    Ah Capello. He is very, very disillusioned
    He'll be gone within a fortnight I reckon..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Rooney has played like a player struggling for form and fitness, just back from injury after carrying United for large parts of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Is the germans team success a direct result of a domestic league, where the best players are all german?

Makes sense...plus their youth system concentrates on technical ability as well...really emphasises that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,272 ✭✭✭✭briany

Oh my god Capello is entirely dumbfounded. "Why do you think the players didn't perform?" Capello: "...................................I think they play well."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

antodeco wrote: »
    In fairness, the BBC guys are saying England played badly, very poor...

Yes they are. The ONLY time they went crazy with accolades was when England gave Slovenia a massive 1-0 beating.

I can't believe that guy on RTE is saying: "we'd never know what would happen if they gave that second goal" and that "hurr I can guess the newspapers tomorrow will be saying they were robbed".

They will NOT be saying England were robbed, that's ridiculous. 3-1? Maybe they MIGHT be saying things like that, but NOT with 4-1. Psychology is WAYYYYY too much overhyped, no matter what the score is they're going to basically play the same way. They're professional footballers, not babies. They'll try the same things and play the same way apart from maybe pushing forward more no matter what the score is.

England's defence today was sunday league stuff at times, Germany outclassed them in every way. They just looked soooooo slow and inept, particularly when Germany got a counterattack going.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Cappello: "we play well":rolleyes::D

The more i see of Capello the more I think he's a spoofer and a fraud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

The main difference between the England and Germany teams is that the Germans play well together and want to win. Even in the game they lost they always looked likethey were going to score.

England have been pure muck, the only players that did anything credible were Milner, Defoe and Gerrard. They are a bunch of tabloid players not a team.

Ozil is gonna be a big name after the tournament, signed for 6mill but now worth the same as the Milner figures id say. Same goes for Muller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Hansen said they were lucky that it was only four

Actual quote: "Fabio might struggle with his English, but he knows he's just said England played well and they didn't - they were hammered. The bottom line is they are lucky it was only four."

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Don't have the beefits of UK media - can you tell me what exactly was said?

Now? Or pre game?

Now - they are gutted

Pre game - they were saying that the germans were poor and that they were very beatable, inexperienced etc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

John Giles was right. Gabby Logan is awful. I wonder if RTE will broadcast this?

In fairness they are she is just saying what the English want to hear. RTÉ do the exact same, all polularist BS tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

briany wrote: »
    Oh my god Capello is entirely dumbfounded. "Why do you think the players didn't perform?" Capello: "...................................I think they play well."
    In fairness to him, his english is really poor and he said said when they went 2-1, 2-2 they played well, which they did, he then said when the conceded the third their heads went down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Does that make him less Irish??

Yes :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,994 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

bad2dabone wrote: »

Well he should have gotten a lot more out the players. Rooney never made any real impact, and who brings Heskey on when you're 3-1 down???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

England were dreadful. Given the players they have they never seem to be able to gel as a team. Capello has been a sham of a manager and really should be told to resign after this pathetic showing at the World Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

well i got shot down in this thread for suggesting terry and rooney aint world class.

people need to take the premierleague blinkers off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

They are right Terry should never have played on the right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    He'll be gone within a fortnight I reckon..
    He's history. And he probably knows it. The rumour was that the FA expected him to resign if England didn't get out of the group. I can't imagine that one truly awful performance later will dramatically alter anything. Speaking as an Englishman, I wouldn't mind seeing harry Redknapp getting the job. He seems to get the best out of his teams. Wouldn't be too sure about Hodgson.

gandalf wrote: »
    England were dreadful. Given the players they have they never seem to be able to gel as a team. Capello has been a sham of a manager and really should be told to resign after this pathetic showing at the World Cup.

they dont have great players,its the media and temas like hull and stoke making them look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

bad2dabone wrote: »

Milan
    Serie A (4): 1991–92, 1992–93, 1993–94, 1995–96
    Supercoppa Italiana (3): 1992, 1993, 1994
    UEFA Champions League (1): 1993–94
    European Super Cup (1): 1994

Roma
    Serie A (1): 2000–01
    Supercoppa Italiana (1): 2001

Real Madrid
    La Liga (2): 1996–97, 2006–07

Deffo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

England are just a very poor team made with some good players who only play for themselves. The shockingly poor defence aside, Gerrard, Rooney and Lampard are all trying to be the superstars, not trusting their teammates. England are not a team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

well i got shot down in this thread for suggesting terry and rooney aint world class.

And their champions league blinkers too?

Cop on.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

At least BBC are being real with their analysis, going against Capellos pathetic interview as well.

The problem is as usual, they hype up the players over an average 1-0 win over Slovenia and are now dumbfounded about this result.

In all 4 games so far England were absolutely shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,597 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

They will NOT be saying England were robbed, that's ridiculous. 3-1? Maybe they MIGHT be saying things like that, but NOT with 4-1. Psychology is WAYYYYY too much overhyped, no matter what the score is they're going to basically play the same way. They're professional footballers, not babies. They'll try the same things and play the same way apart from maybe pushing forward more no matter what the score is. .

Thats absolute unadulterated rubbish. There is no doubt that the win for Germany was well deserved, but their 3rd and 4th goals came from counter attacks when England had pushed too many men forward. It's very doubtful either goal would have come about in the same way if it was 2-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Rooney isnt world class . . Yes, if you started watching football for the first time at the start of this month, I agree, he hasnt been world class . . :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Sack Capello and get in Harry Redknapp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭ciaran76

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/

Franks for nothing !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    England to come back and win, mark my words.

I marked them with a bookmark :). God they were awful. Barry, Rooney, Johnson and Terry were muck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Capello has to resign imo. He couldnt find a system that got the best out of his players. Now, lets not coddle this, a fit Ferdinand and Hargreaves and England could have been much better, and he was unlucky with King, but frankly, I think his team selection and his formation selection has been perplexing, especially considering that they havent gotten the results. Capello is a world class manager, but he isnt cut out for international football where you have a set of players and thats it.

Rooney works best for United as a lone front man, but he can work in a 2 man system.
    Lampard and Gerrard both play in the same position for their clubs, at the front of a midfield 3.

What system does he choose to play? 2 up front, Lampard out of position, Gerrard out of position. Same thing has last time, he didn't have the balls to drop one of Lampard or Gerrard. They can't play together. This time it wasnt in central midfield that they couldnt, but its the same every time.

Lampard is 32 now. His international career is over. Gerrard is going to be 34 by the next world cup, too old. The problem has now sorted itself out. England can now move past this Gerrard Lampard problem, and move onto the next tournament.

fullstop wrote: »
    Yes :rolleyes:

I really feel sorry for anyone that genuinely believes this.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Islamic Republic of Afghanistan? :confused:

I'm sure they will be happy as well, their invaders have been knocked out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Capello 7/4 to go tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Milan
    Serie A (4): 1991–92, 1992–93, 1993–94, 1995–96
    Supercoppa Italiana (3): 1992, 1993, 1994
    UEFA Champions League (1): 1993–94
    European Super Cup (1): 1994

Roma
    Serie A (1): 2000–01
    Supercoppa Italiana (1): 2001

Real Madrid
    La Liga (2): 1996–97, 2006–07

Deffo.

You see a patern there? everything is 15/20 years ago.
    Apart from Real 2007

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

copacetic wrote: »
    Thats absolute unadulterated rubbish. There is no doubt that the win for Germany was well deserved, but their 3rd and 4th goals came from counter attacks when England had pushed too many men forward. It's very doubtful either goal would have come about in the same way if it was 2-2.

I agree, it'd would have been a completely different game. The English system isn't built around constant pressure. Anyway, I'm glad we can go back to just watching football and hopefully this media circus can go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

England, what do you expect with heskey in the team.

He must have touched the ball 10 times in the tournament.

They were outclassed. Argentina Germany will be a hell of a game, can we move into that folks. ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

dubmick wrote: »
    Capello 7/4 to go tonight

Finally, a safe bet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Rooney was poor this world cup, so was Lampard. But they were both utterly world class for their teams this year, which can't be said for the rest of the England players, bar Cole.

Lampard deserved his goal, and frankly, has been utterly wasted in his England career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

At least the England 5 Germany 1 song should be consigned to history now.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    And their champions league blinkers too?

Cop on.

oh did john terry win the champions league i must have missed that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Did Capello actually just say that England played well???!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Now? Or pre game?

Now - they are gutted

Pre game - they were saying that the germans were poor and that they were very beatable, inexperienced etc....

Sorry, but not on the BBC website they weren't. The occasional SMS and that's it. They seem to be of the opinion that the team underperformed in the groups stages, and there was no reason to expect anything different. What;s your source?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Calling it now Mike Bassett Harry Redknapp, England Manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

oh did john terry win the champions league i must have missed that?

Emm...... Has played in the champions league

• Advertisement
Advertisement