Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Germany v England, Sunday 3pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Haha Brady " England will get the 2018 World Cup to make up for this"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,994 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Haha Brady " England will get the 2018 World Cup to make up for this"!

He's right you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Sorry, but not on the BBC website they weren't. The occasional SMS and that's it. They seem to be of the opinion that the team underperformed in the groups stages, and there was no reason to expect anything different. What;s your source?

Not sure i understand what you are asking me for here?
    I'm just saying what i saw on the TV :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

adox wrote: »
    Emm...... Has played in the champions league

what???

im saying he is poor all round,ha what you talking about:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

They can fook off with the Harry redknapp crap. That job is the ultimate poisoned chalice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Minding the house!! Vintage Giles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

adox wrote: »
    And their champions league blinkers too?

Cop on.

Champions Legaue tems are not bound by nationality. When you take the foreigners out, this is how good English football is.

Drogba, Torres, Febregas and co can't play for England.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

Champions Legaue tems are not bound by nationality. When you take the foreigners out, this is how good English football is.

Drogba, Torres, Febregas and co can't play for England.

spot on.100%.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

bad2dabone wrote: »
    He's right you know.

I don't get it. :confused: Why did he say that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    The Uruguayan linesman said our star striker's shot, which bounced off the crossbar, hadn't made it into the net..

Just goes to show how much of a rag this paper is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Apres Match should be good at least!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

ragg wrote: »
    Now? Or pre game?

Now - they are gutted

Pre game - they were saying that the germans were poor and that they were very beatable, inexperienced etc....
    ragg wrote: »
    Not sure i understand what you are asking me for here?
    I'm just saying what i saw on the TV :confused:

I just find it difficult to beleive anyone would all this German team "inexperienced". They got to the Euro final two years ago and came third in the last world cup with the crux of the current team.

While they might not have the names, they are one of the best team units I've seen this world cup.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

David Moyes would clearly be the best man for the job

but he wouldn't take it.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I don't get it. :confused: Why did he say that?

England are bidding for 2018, FIFA will give it to them to make up for the goal.

Its all good though, they'll put on a fine tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Degag wrote: »
    Apres Match should be good at least!

Well that would be a first this world cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

JeanClaude wrote: »
    The story below is the funniest!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3030891/Germans-are-terrified-of-Three-Lions-before-World-Cup-match-with-England.html
    ENGLAND'S World Cup rivals Germany looked a bunch of scaredy cats when they saw THREE LIONS in South Africa yesterday.
    England expects ... Wayne Rooney
    Time to shine ... Wayne Rooney
    Perhaps it reminded them of the mauling they face tomorrow from boss Fabio Capello's goal-hungry men.

The Germans stayed firmly inside a truck's caged platform while visiting a reserve near Pretoria in a bid to relax before the crunch game.

But Three Lions goalkeeper David James issued a warning that striker Wayne Rooney was eager to pounce on our old rivals.

He said: "I firmly believe we'll win - and Wayne could make it his game."

Meanwhile Germany's mane man Lukas Podolski looked nervous as a pride of lions looked ready to rip into him - just as England's Three Lions will tomorrow.

Pat ... Miroslav Klose encounter
    Pat ... Miroslav Klose encounter
    The striker and his team-mates wound up trapped for an hour and a half in a caged truck in case the real life lions kicked off.

German captain Philipp Lahm admitted: "They were mainly young ones and babies. The lions we meet on Sunday, they will definitely be more aggressive."

Lion's king ... big cat stalks the Germans
    Lion's king ... big cat stalks the Germans
    But he added: "It was great. It was a good change from football. From now on we will be putting all our concentration into England."

They will need to - because German goalkeeping legend Oliver Kahn believes England can beat his countrymen in the first knock-out stage of the World Cup in Bloemfontein, South Africa.

Kahn, 41, who played 86 times for Germany, reckons England have vital extra experience.

But they must not let past World Cup and European Championships heartache at the hands of their arch-rivals undermine morale.

Roar emotion ... Lukas Podolski and pals eye the lions
    Roar emotion ... Lukas Podolski and pals eye the lions
    He said: "Germany definitely have a psychological advantage and it will be in the minds of the English players. They must erase the memories of 1990 and 1996.

"If Fabio Capello can convince England that they are playing for now, they can beat an inexperienced German side."

One thing that fans of both teams will not be short of is BEER. South African Breweries chiefs have mobilised a fleet of emergency trucks to keep supplies flowing.

Advertisement
    Quantcast

They have also set up a crisis hotline for landlords in Bloemfontein who fear they may be about to run out while serving 25,000 English supporters and 10,000 Germans.

Thousands of footie-mad South Africans are also expected to join in street parties outside the 36,538-seater Free State Stadium.

A spokesman said: "England against Germany is a very big game and both sets of fans like to party. But we have detailed plans in place. We are ready for anything."

Fan Ian Potter, 50, from Derbyshire, said: "We'll win - and there's going to be one hell of a party."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3030891/Germans-are-terrified-of-Three-Lions-before-World-Cup-match-with-England.html#ixzz0s4SL3LBQ

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

The Sun are saying that James should have started against USA and the group would have panned out differently. England would have won it and "would have had no problem beating a Negro team" in the last 16.

Some rag is right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

German article from Welt Online (google translated)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Ozil is a little diamond ... Club managers on the phone as we speak ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

I just find it difficult to beleive anyone would all this German team "inexperienced". They got to the Euro final two years ago and came third in the last world cup with the crux of the current team.

While they might not have the names, they are one of the best team units I've seen this world cup.

I'm not disagreeing with that - just saying what i heard on BBC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

To be fair, they were definately talking about the inexperience factor on SSN.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

The Sun are saying that James should have started against USA and the group would have panned out differently. England would have won it and "would have had no problem beating a Negro team" in the last 16.

Some rag is right.

Linky please :) Are the Sun now competing with "The Daily Swan Mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

England fans in SA live on BBC News 24

'We controlled the game today, we were just weak at the back'

What planet are those guys on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Your latest Sun update:

25uidxz.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/25uidxz.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

germany.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

if i was reporter i'd say back to them, slow down there mister, your talking at the speed of crazy

Some rag is right.

They would say that, after all they were the ones who had, the "EASY" headline last December when the draw was made..:D:D:D

Wouldn't let it into the house as loo paper in fairness...

Delighted with that result.

Germany were immense, England a shambles.

It's amazing that some of those players are the cream of the crop in the premiership - looked far from it the last few weeks.

Capello signed a new deal before world cup - genius move by him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,392 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The one where they think the premiership is strong even when you take out all the foreigners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

A few of those German lads won the under 21 European Championships last year, didn't they beat England 4-1 in the final??

Degag wrote: »
    To be fair, they were definately talking about the inexperience factor on SSN.

Nick Collins was still as delusional as ever though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

mixednuts wrote: »
    Ozil is a little diamond ... Club managers on the phone as we speak ..

He needs to work on his finishing but other than that he's looks like a proper little player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Nick Collins was still as delusional as ever though...
    Wouldn't take too much notice of him actually. It's hard to see anything when your head is wedged firmly up your a**e!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Couldn't resist :pac: -

11552797.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,392 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

monkey9 wrote: »
    A few of those German lads won the under 21 European Championships last year, didn't they beat England 4-1 in the final??

4-0.
    Neuer
    Boateng
    Khedira
    Ozil
    All part of that side.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Some rag is right.

Link?

(I'm not defending the Sun or anything but there's enough hateful bile in the world without actually making horrible stuff up, if that is what you are doing)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

Some rag is right.

Link?

They actually said "negro team"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Stinicker wrote: »
    Linky please :) Are the Sun now competing with "The Daily Swan Mail.
    I'd be amazed if even The Sun would contemplate using that word. They'd be hounded out of business (no great loss though!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

2nktbt0.jpg

lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

'Psychic' octopus predicts Germany victory over England

A "psychic" octopus is said by its aquarium owners to have predicted the country's football team will knock England out of the World Cup......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/10420131.stm

:D:D:D

blueser wrote: »
    I'd be amazed if even The Sun would contemplate using that word. They'd be hounded out of business (no great loss though!).

Absolutely.

Hate the Sun, hated their EASY headlines (and plenty of others) but I've never seen that kind of comment in a national paper, and it's probably more than their jobs are worth anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

English fans fuming on SSN now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

"The English players have been enhanced by all the foreign players in the Premier League. They make them look a lot better than they actually are" - Liam Brady

"The English need a reality check. They are overrated" - Didi Hamann

NAIL ON THE HEAD!

Archimedes wrote: »
    2nktbt0.jpg

lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

The Daily Star is as bad as The Sun.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    4-0.
    Neuer
    Boateng
    Khedira
    Ozil
    All part of that side.

What made me laugh was they questioned Neuer's age (24) and how come he played in an u-21 final "Work that one out" Guy Mowbary said..LOL..2 seconds later saying Milner played in the final aswell...who is also...you guessed it...24...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

04072511 wrote: »
    "The English players have been enhanced by all the foreign players in the Premier League. They make them look a lot better than they actually are" - Liam Brady

"The English need a reality check. They are overrated" - Didi Hamann

NAIL ON THE HEAD!

+1

England have been a mess for 4 games at this WC. I had a feeling that Germany could do this to them after the Slovenia game.

Imagine if they played Argentina :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

"Don't mention the four"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Anyone else find it ironic that the England national team coach can barely muster a word of English?

• Advertisement

roryc wrote: »
    "Don't mention the four"...

:D:D:D Very good..

Advertisement