Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Germany v England, Sunday 3pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Re. that Daily Star front page; yes; it has come back to bite Rooney on the a**e. However, just what do people expect Rooney to say in the lead up to such a big match. "Er, actually like. I think the Jeermans are gonna 'ammer us, like!" He was obviously going to big up England's chances; any England player would. Chances are, he probably didn't even use the term 'stuff'. And I'm a Man City fan, so I've got no great love for the chav gentleman!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Turn on Sky News now, they're lambasting England. One former England player is saying that England were lucky to have "only lost 4-1" and not more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

04072511 wrote: »
    "T

"The English need a reality check. They are overrated" - Didi Hamann
    !

That could apply to many posters on here when those players take off the white shirt of England and put on the red of utd and Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

Turn on Sky News now, they're lambasting England. One former England player is saying that England were lucky to have "only" lost 4-1.

And he's dead right...

Turn on Sky News now, they're lambasting England. One former England player is saying that England were lucky to have "only lost 4-1" and not more.

Thats the great Kenny Samson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

ws3giv.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

surprised no one has mentioned the war yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Sun are saying that James should have started against USA and the group would have panned out differently. England would have won it and "would have had no problem beating a Negro team" in the last 16.

Where is this quote Capture?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

blueser wrote: »
    Re. that Daily Star front page; yes; it has come back to bite Rooney on the a**e. However, just what do people expect Rooney to say in the lead up to such a big match. "Er, actually like. I think the Jeermans are gonna 'ammer us, like!" He was obviously going to big up England's chances; any England player would. Chances are, he probably didn't even use the term 'stuff'. And I'm a Man City fan, so I've got no great love for the chav gentleman!

"Against Algeria we can not be at our best and win the game."

That was what Rooney said ahead of the Algeria game and the Algerian players said it inspired them to do well.

By my sig you can probably tell I'm a big fan of Wayne but he does have this habit of putting his foot in his mouth and giving the opposition extra incentive to perform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

roryc wrote: »
    "Don't mention the four"...

:D

Or the score.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    As Brick Top (nearly!) says in "Snatch"; "You can bet your b****cks to a barn dance there is no such quote"!

surprised no one has mentioned the war yet

I mentioned it once but think I got away with it

I've told my German friend that I won't be playing scrabble with her tonight in protest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Winning the World cup in 1966 was surely the worst thing to happen to the English football team, they have literally never go over it. Now, every tournament they build their team so much and apply so much pressure that there is absolutely zero chance of the team performing ever again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

mike65 wrote: »

surprise, surprise. It's off their site now.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

arsenal and wenger will probably get the blame!!

people wonder why wenger doesnt buy englishbiggrin.gif

As Brick Top (nearly!) says in "Snatch"; "You can bet your b****cks to a barn dance there is no such quote"!

What's the idea of him saying it then?

If you can't find enough truth in your argument, you don't have an argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Quietly confident its entirely a figment of your imagination.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Quietly confident its entirely a figment of your imagination.

It's disappointing to see you take the side of The Sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

JeanClaude wrote: »
    Nick Collins was still as delusional as ever though...
    Collins has to be one of the biggest melters working in sports broadcasting. Blinkers firmly on with that genius.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Dave147 wrote: »
    Anyone else find it ironic that the England national team coach can barely muster a word of English?
    No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭youcrazyjesus!

What was the Apres Match sketch?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I think the English team actually put in their best performance of the tournament today, which isn't saying much. Most of them looked sharper and fitter than they have in a while but it was still nowhere near good enough considering their underlying problems.

They came up against a good team today. The German midfield and attack are one of the best, if not the best, in the tournament imo. The centre backs and goalie have a question mark hanging over them but the English couldn't test them. Sure of course they couldn't, they can't even string a few passes together. On top of their technical deficiencies in midfield, which had been obvious before, the English defensive problems were also a nightmare. I suppose they were a bit unlucky that they lost Rio when they did. His pace is really missed.

Even with the ref missing the goal, Germany were good for the result. I can't get enough of watching Ozil, and he's only 21!
    I hope Argentina win tonight. Germany Argentina would be class.

Livvie wrote: »
    What's the idea of him saying it then?

If you can't find enough truth in your argument, you don't have an argument.
    Sorry? I stated, albeit with a (probably needless) humourous aside that i simply couldn't see the Sun using the word 'negro' in any of their articles. And I haven't seen any link (yet) to their site where they have used that word. Do you have a problem with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

It's disappointing to see you take the side of The Sun.
    There's enough mud to throw at them as it stands without having to make stuff up. That's just being as bad as they are.

I don't believe you

Pro. F wrote: »
    I don't believe you
    +1. I'd be astounded if even The Sun was to use the word 'negro' in one of their articles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Thread of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

http://worldcupdailyblog.com/2010/06/27/germany-rout-sorry-england/

Tremendous match. I was very worried that the game would be overshadowed by the referee/linesman's ridiculous mistake in not awarding Lampard the goal. 'Das neue Deutschland' put any controversy to rest. They were absolutely scintillating and could have won by a few more. Müller and Schweinsteiger were imperious, especially the latter considering his injury.

Terrific stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

"Soccer is a game for 22 people that run around, play the ball, and one referee who makes a slew of mistakes, and in the end Germany always wins”.

Gary Lineker said that a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

It was definitely never on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

oh that made my week now what a great weekend. bye bye england !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Who was the guy on Sky News just now who accused Neuer of "cheating" because he acted like the ball hadn't cross the line.

I love fair play but c'mon, get a grip! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

RichTea wrote: »
    the game would be overshadowed by the referee/linesman's ridiculous mistake in not awarding Lampard the goal.

The ball wasn't over the line though.

Video evidence:

Sorry? I stated, albeit with a (probably needless) humourous aside that i simply couldn't see the Sun using the word 'negro' in any of their articles. And I haven't seen any link (yet) to their site where they have used that word. Do you have a problem with that?

Sorry - you misunderstand me! I agreed with what you said, and was asking why someone would make that up, not disputing that he probably did.

And my use of the word "you" was general usage and not aimed at yourself.

I do apologise for making a post that was so ambiguous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Sorry - you misunderstand me! I agreed with what you said, and was asking why someone would make that up, not disputing that he probably did.

The bloke you are referring to comes into the soccer forum now again to post sh!te.

He's a liar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,843 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well done Germany the best team won

monkey9 wrote: »
    The bloke you are referring to comes into the soccer forum now again to post sh!te.

He's a liar!

I suspected as much. Just mortified that I made such an ambiguous post and made it look like I was disagreeing with the person I quoted...not just disagreeing with him, but it looked like I was being bloody rude to him too. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Good match to watch for a neutral , can't believe Lamps goal wasen't given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

bonerm wrote: »
    Who was the guy on Sky News just now who accused Neuer of "cheating" because he acted like the ball hadn't cross the line.

I love fair play but c'mon, get a grip! :rolleyes:

Mick Dennis, a clown of a statement... he half hinted that England would have stopped playing and told the ref it was over the line, if it was the other way around... :rolleyes::rolleyes:...yeah right Mick, get real, come out of the clouds...

Sorry about the delay replying; just had to nip out for a while. And apologies for snapping earlier. Grumpy old man syndrome, I'm afraid!
    :mad:

Sorry about the delay replying; just had to nip out for a while. And apologies for snapping earlier. Grumpy old man syndrome, I'm afraid!
    :mad:

I'd have done the same thing though - when I looked back, it seemed exactly like you interpreted it.

I blame it on being in a rush to comfort eat my Rocky Road cheesecake. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

YESSS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Delayed reaction?

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    Delayed reaction?
    Maybe he was having a quick, er, you know what and that was his Meg Ryan moment!
    ;)

I blame it on being in a rush to comfort eat my Rocky Road cheesecake. :)

I blame the lack of a useful impersonal pronoun in modern English!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

"Soccer is a game for 22 people that run around, play the ball, <snip>, and in the end Germany always wins”.

Gary Lineker said that a few years ago.

FYP
    Boskowski wrote: »
    YESSS!!!
    DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    Delayed reaction?

Indeed. He's actually cheering the US equalizer a couple of weeks ago. In two weeks, he'll be cheering this one.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Invincible

Drumpot wrote: »
    Didnt realise Tevez was setting the WC alight . . :o

Ah but Tevez has a goal to his name! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement