Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Germany v England, Sunday 3pm

1212223242527»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Guys been watching the highlights.

Just wondering if Schweinsteiger actually picked up Ozil for the 4th goal or did he simply hoof it out of defence?

It would have been one amazing pass if he meant it.
    Check it out in the replays, the flight of the ball is incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Hey, did Podolski not get an assist in the game?

Reading the above comment, maybe I mistook one for the other. I coulda sworn Podolski got an assist though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

Watching SSN about 12.15am this morning, they showed a clip of Andy Gray and Richard Keys prestenting WC2010 coverage for American T.V. and I could have sworn I heard Andy Gray calling for either Alan Shearer or David Beckham to be the next England manager.....He also said "Don't tell me an Englishman wouldn't have gotten more out of this bunch of players over the last 10 years" obviously a reference to Sven's reign and totally wiping from history Steve McClaren's 2 years in the job...
    but this morning on World Cup Report a different clip was shown which had him calling for Harry Redknapp or Roy Hodgson to get it and Beckham to be assisant with Beckham then taking over after the next WC.....
    Did Any one see the 12.15 clip? or was I dreaming...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Degag wrote: »
    I'm not sure i understand. All professional football clubs have cctv. It can't be prohibitively expensive to set up a few cameras and a monitor??

I know there is more to it than that, but the reason it hasn't been brought in is definately not down to the cost!

Somehow I doubt CCTV would help all that much :p

However, to set up a camera either end of the pitch looking at the goal line would be fairly cheap.

The pundits seem to be all for 'Goal Line technology' whatever the hell that's meant to be. But for the relatively few instances where you have the 'did it go over / did it not go over' it would be a complete waste.

In the upper tiers of football and all big tournaments matches, video replay should be used. Simple. There is no extra cost, as television camera's are already there, and I've yet to see a decision that could not have been made with merely the television footage.

If they did it like rugby, ad have a television official, or like American football as Archimedes suggested, it would work quite well, be easy to implement, and NOT be cost prohibitive.

The idea would not to bring the technology to the lower division clubs etc but only have it for the top divisions, and top tournaments. (I would imagine the lieks of the FA cup etc would have it also though, even in the early rounds).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

monkey9 wrote: »
    we played the French off the park that night and the only way they were gonna score was by cheating the way they did!

LMFAO. If we played them off the park why weren't we in the lead?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,521 ✭✭✭✭noodler

flahavaj wrote: »
    How so?

Oh I meant with regards to the advancement of the technology debate. Thats why I hope the Engligh media have a field day.
    thebullkf wrote: »
    you're forgetting one thing.

the only reason they don't use the technology yet.

the prohibitive cost!!!!

simples.

use it in one game.

use it in ALL games.

Rugby?

Tennis?

Cricket?
    dan719 wrote: »
    LMFAO. If we played them off the park why weren't we in the lead?:rolleyes:

I would be of the opinion that we were clearly the better team. Their chances amounted to half-chances for me whilst we had the better ones.

It isn't just that though, we were better in the tackle, more imaginative with the ball etc.

Your logic is flawed by the way, the Bulgarians played us off the park in June but we still managed to draw the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

JeanClaude wrote: »
    Watching SSN about 12.15am this morning, they showed a clip of Andy Gray and Richard Keys prestenting WC2010 coverage for American T.V. and I could have sworn I heard Andy Gray calling for either Alan Shearer or David Beckham to be the next England manager.....He also said "Don't tell me an Englishman wouldn't have gotten more out of this bunch of players over the last 10 years" obviously a reference to Sven's reign and totally wiping from history Steve McClaren's 2 years in the job...
    but this morning on World Cup Report a different clip was shown which had him calling for Harry Redknapp or Roy Hodgson to get it and Beckham to be assisant with Beckham then taking over after the next WC.....

no, you saw it.

complete drivel of the highest order.

they've picked on the fact Holland had Rijkaard, Van Basten. Germany had Kilnsmann, etc. and saying England should give those kind of guys a chance at international level.

it's all quick-fix cr*p that doesn't get to the crux of the issue.

England don't have coaches, and the grass-roots game is broken, void of technical proficiency. Kids are taught positions, not the game. there are too many competitive under-age leagues at too young an age.

as i say, the grass-roots game is broken, something the likes of Trevor Brooking have been trying to tell everyone for many years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

any good quality highlights of this online?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

http://worldcupdailyblog.com/2010/06/28/world-cup-daily-international-press-3/

Did a piece on how the International Press greeted this game and others. Look out for the Daily Mail's frontpage at the bottom of the post. Disgusting as ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

thorbarry wrote: »
    any good quality highlights of this online?

None of the English Defence :pac:

• Advertisement

RichTea wrote: »
    http://worldcupdailyblog.com/2010/06/28/world-cup-daily-international-press-3/

Did a piece on how the International Press greeted this game and others. Look out for the Daily Mail's frontpage at the bottom of the post. Disgusting as ever.

Gotta love the New York Post, "This Sport is stupid Anyway"..... :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,391 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'm listening to this old fella on SSN at the minute, yesterday before the German match he and another guy both agreed England played very well against Slovakia. Seems to have back tracked today and now he is saying they played a little bit better compared to the other 2 group games.

So many high horses have collapsed in the last 19 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

SlickRic wrote: »
    no, you saw it.

complete drivel of the highest order.

they've picked on the fact Holland had Rijkaard, Van Basten. Germany had Kilnsmann, etc. and saying England should give those kind of guys a chance at international level.

it's all quick-fix cr*p that doesn't get to the crux of the issue.

England don't have coaches, and the grass-roots game is broken, void of technical proficiency. Kids are taught positions, not the game. there are too many competitive under-age leagues at too young an age.

as i say, the grass-roots game is broken, something the likes of Trevor Brooking have been trying to tell everyone for many years now.

I seem to remember Ian Wright say something similar before Capello got the job - appoint an English manager even if there wasn't anybody qualified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Watching SSN about 12.15am this morning, they showed a clip of Andy Gray and Richard Keys prestenting WC2010 coverage for American T.V. and I could have sworn I heard Andy Gray calling for either Alan Shearer or David Beckham to be the next England manager.....
    Heard that on Newstalk earlier. Laughable.

Aidric wrote: »
    Heard that on Newstalk earlier. Laughable.

True, the man is paid alot of money for his "expertise" and he comes out with this shoite.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Low shows the secrets on winning....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

james should have saved 3 of germanys goals,simply awful,
    could easily have been 4-1 england, hit bar twice, goal disallowed,gerrard missed great chance by not hitting it harder past keeper, its just luck, it was not meant to be,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

argosy2006 wrote: »
    james should have saved 3 of germanys goals,simply awful,
    could easily have been 4-1 england, hit bar twice, goal disallowed,gerrard missed great chance by not hitting it harder past keeper, its just luck, it was not meant to be,

It wasn't just luck. Germany were a far superior football team....nothing lucky about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I could have sworn I heard Andy Gray calling for either Alan Shearer or David Beckham to be the next England manager but this morning on World Cup Report a different clip was shown which had him calling for Harry Redknapp or Roy Hodgson to get it and Beckham to be assisant with Beckham then taking over after the next WC.....

Ha ha ha. Good man Andy. Spoken like a true Scotsman :D

Advertisement