Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Germany v England, Sunday 3pm

Comments

Het-Field wrote: »
    New Zealand drew three games. There is nothing ground-breaking about that. Particularly against the likes of Paraguay and Slovakia.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Stekelly wrote: »
    If the Premiership is such a weak league yet is producing teams consistanly at the top tier of European football, what does that say about the rest of football?

Maybe, just maybe it's actually quite a good league and on par with other top leagues?

People do have short memories about England the European Competition. English clubs have a grand total of 2 European Cups in the past decade. For a league which spends as much money on players as the EPL does, the turnover at gates, and the national infrastructure the game has in the UK, it is the least it should expect. In 2009 Barcelona made a stong Man Utd team look very ordinary. In 2006 Arsenal jumped behind the ball the moment they took the lead, and Barcelona punished them. In the early years of the alst decade English teams often exited after the early rounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

New Zealand drew three games. There is nothing ground-breaking about that. Particularly against the likes of Paraguay and Slovakia.

It was a fantastic achievement for a team of their status though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In 2006 Arsenal jumped behind the ball the moment they took the lead, and Barcelona punished them.

Your omitting the fact we played the majority of the game with 10 men there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    They've written off Germany already

Schoolboy error... Never write off the Germans !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Degag wrote: »
    Only 10 minutes till Bill, John and Eamo put things in perspective lads!

You mean 30 mins of Bill smirking and a lot of cynical cliches?

from BBC

Germany v England stats:

- Germany have reached the last eight in every World Cup they have competed in since 1938.
    - England have never won a knockout match against a former world champion on foreign soil.
    - Germany have the best penalty shootout record in World Cups.
    - England have the worst penalty shootout record in World Cups

No Billo?

But Didi is back to restore some order.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Oh no!!not Darragh :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

HAMANNS BACK!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

What??? No Eamo??!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

no eamon im dissapointed at least didi is back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

**** of rte, no Eamo :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Didi's back on the panel!! :) Fantastic!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

BBC were talking some sh*te. Apparently being the better team on paper is all that counts. Insufferable nonsense.

Come on Germany!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

They haven't put the A-Team on an England/Germany game?

wtf are RTE thinking, the potential for winduppery is boundless...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

McManaman and Klinsmann in the studio for ESPN-USA. Can't believe Klinsmann just said something like Germany is now playing the style of play that reflects the culture of Germany, very attacking like the two world wars that ened the wrong way. Off handed remark but jeez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

mink_man wrote: »
    why would be funny? get up and support the neighbours for god sake and stop being so jealous!!!

Em I said I'd be happy to see them win.

What am I supposed to be jealous of?

Frisbee wrote: »
    They haven't put the A-Team on an England/Germany game?

wtf are RTE thinking, the potential for winduppery is boundless...

They mentioned last night that they signed up for yesterday evening because they thought England would be playing then

• Advertisement

BBC were talking some sh*te. Apparently being the better team on paper is all that counts. Insufferable nonsense.

Come on Germany!

Don't watch BBC then.

Come on England!

Brady says Gerrard has done nothing, Liam dry your eyes and watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

C'mon Germany. Knock em out:cool:

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Don't watch BBC then.

Come on England!

If I refused to watch a channel because of sh*te they air then I'd have nothing on TV to watch. Besides, they were the only channel showing the football at 2 so I had to put up with the usual arrogance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Didi's back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

mike65 wrote: »
    Brady says Gerrard has done nothing, Liam dry your eyes and watch

One goal against USA. Yeah he's playing a stormer.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Well its better than nothing, RTE core pundits are every bit as lazy as those on BBC and ITV

If I refused to watch a channel because of sh*te they air then I'd have nothing on TV to watch. Besides, they were the only channel showing the football at 2 so I had to put up with the usual arrogance.

Didn't find it arrogant myself if it winds you up so much just don't watch it, does the arrogance surrounding the coverage of utd wind you up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

COME ON ENGLAND. Solely because it will p*ss off the wannabe RA heads no end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

dan719 wrote: »

wtf :confused:

Come on Germany!

• Advertisement

lee dixon is such a clown

dan719 wrote: »

RA heads?? :rolleyes:

Sweet Jesus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!, not optimistic though, doesn't pay to be an optimistic Englishman.

Backslapping on rte :rolleyes: stop grinning Darragh :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Impossible game to call, Ozil and Schweisteiger were both injured and might not be at their best and even if they are can England shut them down. Midfield is just huge in this game.

England's biggest problem could be coping with Lukas Podolski, I just don't like Glen Johnson against him.

I think for England to win it they need to use Milner a lot, I'm not at all convinced by Neuer when facing high crosses and corners. I'm actually surprised that Heskey is not starting, I thought today would be perfect for him given what I'm saying about the German keeper.

Germany were caught out a lot too on the counter by Ghana but I don't see where the pace in the England team is that can exploit that problem.

If the German midfield gets on top then Germany win this well imo with Klose and Podolski both great goalscorers at International level. If England can shut down Ozil and Schweinsteiger then I think they win it by maybe 2 goals.

Heres hoping for a great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭McGrath5

2-1 to Germany.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Didn't find it arrogant myself if it winds you up so much just don't watch it, does the arrogance surrounding the coverage of utd wind you up?

We know you don't find it arrogant as you've been hammering that point home at every opportunity. They are humble, down-to-the-earth panellists in your eyes. I get it. Not all of us agree with your assessment though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,392 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

C'mon Germany.
    Would love it if they beat them, love it.
    No, I'm not a RA head.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Lots of English flags!

We know you don't find it arrogant as you've been hammering that point home at every opportunity. They are humble, down-to-the-earth panellists in your eyes. I get it. Not all of us agree with your assessment though.

And vice versa and where have I said they are all humble etc..., can't stand that Hansen, and I have said that numerous times and not all of us agree with your assessment.... calm down

• Advertisement

are people booing the germany anthem or am i hearing things

Go on defend the booing of the German National Anthem , this should be good .

Come on Germany .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

I dont care who wins, I find it amazing England are favs, they have been utter muck for all their games more or less

Germany have a pedigree and quality that cannot go unaccounted for, I would be amazed if they don't progress against an out of sorts England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

sky88 wrote: »
    are people booing the germany anthem or am i hearing things

Thought I heard it too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

ah feck it!!

Cmon England :)

Need to get an English anthem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

mixednuts wrote: »
    Go on defend the booing of the German National Anthem , this should be good .

Come on Germany .

It wasnt English fans:pac:

Come on, Ozil!!! I hope he rips England a new one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Come on Germany. Humiliate them.

• Advertisement

gandalf wrote: »
    ah feck it!!

Cmon England :)

Not after that booing ...