Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th year summer results!

• 23-06-2010 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

hey! how'd all you 5th years do in your summer exams? Can these results be of guidance to what you can achieve in the LC do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Depends how hard the tests were etc. I remember teachers in my school used give us great ''hints'' for them, but sure good results can indicate some positivity anyways. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭gaeilge-abú

all my tests wer exams questions and in some cases full exam papers!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

I don't really think so tbh, the leaving cert is a whole YEAR away from ye and a LOT can(and cannot) happen in a year, I'd say next years Christmas results will be more of a pointer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ManUtdFan10

hey! how'd all you 5th years do in your summer exams? Can these results be of guidance to what you can achieve in the LC do you think?

I did nothing for 5th year summer tests, failed a few. Went into 6th year, did some work & results improved significantly. As an example, failed geography last summer, then got a B at christmas.

Don't put too much emphases on them. They are forgotten about when you go into 6th year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 KingLear

God id hate to have the whole of 6th year ahead of me......................sucks to be you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

No. I did zero study in 5th year, and only aced maths and accounting. Now I'm hoping for 6 A1s, and confident of 5 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Mine came today :(
    English - C3
    Irish - B3
    Maths - A1
    French - D1
    Biology - A2 - 89%. So freakin' close to an A1!!!
    Physics - B1
    Home Ec - A2
    I'm so upset over English. I know I screwed up my essay and I was a little lost for time during the comparative but I thought I did better. And I put a lot of work into French :(
    I aced Home Ec though! I did so little work during the year! But I worked my ass off for Physics and I did pretty damn good!
    I wil lhave a lot more work done by this time next year. And I should have better timing, especially in English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 _Exasperated_

To those who are doing the leaving next year:
    Good luck :). Don't slack off like I did lol. You're gonna struggle in June. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

My results came today too *sigh*

English - B2
    Irish - C2
    Maths - E (:P, pass for me next year anyways)
    French - C2
    Economics - B3
    Chemistry - A2 (<3)
    Biology - B1

All honours and all and in particular maths, the bane of my life.

Next year is gonna be some bitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Cipango

My results came today too *sigh*

English - B2
    Irish - C2
    Maths - E (:P, pass for me next year anyways)
    French - C2
    Economics - B3
    Chemistry - A2 (<3)
    Biology - B1

All honours and all and in particular maths, the bane of my life.

Next year is gonna be some bitch!

The SEC appears to be trying to stop predicitons so students will have to focus on everything not just certain questions! Be warned about predictions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Cipango wrote: »
    The SEC appears to be trying to stop predicitons so students will have to focus on everything not just certain questions! Be warned about predictions!

It is up to people to believe them or not. Predictions are predictions they might might be right but at the same time they might be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Cipango

Well for 5th yrs its not too important to study for summer tests like not much depends on them and this doesnt give any student incentive to "properly" study! Well i finished my leaving today and i feel i did very well.

In my 5th year summer tests i got:
    • ENGLISH - D3
    • ECONOMICS - D2
    • MATHS - A1
    • PHYSICS - E1
    • SPANISH - B2
    • GEOGRAPHY - B2
    • IRISH - E1

In my mocks i got
    • ENGLISH - C1
    • ECONOMICS - C1
    • MATHS - C1
    • PHYSICS - D3
    • SPANISH - B1
    • GEOGRAPHY - C3
    • IRISH - D2

And now i feel i got the following grades in my leaving:
    • ENGLISH - B2
    • ECONOMICS - A2
    • MATHS - B2
    • PHYSICS - C3
    • SPANISH - B1-A2
    • GEOGRAPHY - B1-A2
    • IRISH - C3

My point anyway is that i wasnt the dedicated type until i went into sixth year. I applied to UCAS (English CAO) and they give you a list of grades and i was faced with pretty high grades to achieve in order to get my course so i studied so so so hard! Woke up at 4am every morning during my exams to get that extra cramming in and it seemed to have worked!

Fifth years, people will say to you that you should have studied in fifth year but the truth is contrary to what people get in their summer tests i think that to start in sixth year is ok but try to avail of revision courses and decent revision books.

Good luck next year fifth years, trust me....ENJOY YOUR SUMMER!!!!

Meh, predictions.
    I had no intentions of doing anything like bagging on one female poet or anything anyways :P

Good luck next year fifth years, trust me....ENJOY YOUR SUMMER!!!!

This makes me sad.
    It makes me feel like I'm going to physically combust through the year or something like this :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Personally I wouldn't place too much emphasise on 5th year results-mine were an absolute disaster largely due to working 25hrs a week every week during 5th year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

my fifth year results were awful, i epicly failed physics, and got a low C in spanish... spanish is now my second best subject, and im pretty sure i got a D in physics :D

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Haha me too pretty sure I failed History but hoping for a B in the real thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 sabrinaspelman

Mine were shameful dropped a grade in every subject, except english, from christmas.

here are my results! :D

English-82%-B1
    Irish-92%-A1
    Maths-90%-A1
    French-87%-A2
    Business-94%-A1
    Biology-85%-A2

( i do Accounting outside of school)

-all higher level and thats without the bonus marks for irish 'cause i do all my subjects through Irish!

here are my results! :D

English-82%-B1
    Irish-92%-A1
    Maths-90%-A1
    French-87%-A2
    Business-94%-A1
    Biology-85%-A2

( i do Accounting outside of school)

-all higher level and thats without the bonus marks for irish 'cause i do all my subjects through Irish!

woah!
    Any idea on what you wanna do?

woah!
    Any idea on what you wanna do?

hmm, not sure as of yet! occupational therapy perhaps?.. if i get the points!:confused:... what about yourself?

• Advertisement

Ah podiatry or science maybe.

*sigh*

This LC is gonna be some pain..

*sigh*

how many points you need for that? ohh i know! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Nicolala

Not too good... but I didn't fail anything. And I got a B1 in honours English so I'm happy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

*sigh*

Believe me it's not half as bad as it's made out to be. Few weeks before the tests are a struggle but I had great craic this year.

how many points you need for that? ohh i know! :mad:

ah well it was in the low 400s last year.
    But it's a new enough course in NUIG so it'll probably go up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Meh, predictions.
    I had no intentions of doing anything like bagging on one female poet or anything anyways :P

And I wasnt planning on relying on Kavanagh, but you'll be amazed what pressure forces you to do!!

ah well it was in the low 400s last year.
    But it's a new enough course in NUIG so it'll probably go up :(

next year should be fun then!
    i'll need 520 for occupational therapy next year to be safe! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 turbanfever

Just got mine back today. I managed to get 5 a's and 2 b's. delighted with them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 xAnnex

Got mine yesterday (all honours)
    Maths - A1
    English - B1
    Irish - B1
    French - B2
    Chemistry - B1
    Business - A2
    Technology - A1

Pretty pleased but my exams were easy, we got so many hints!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Prinkle

Did the bare minimum all year and got what comes out at 495 points. Delighted to be going back to pass Irish in September though

Advertisement