Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travellers camped out in Rinville park. Oranmore

Options
  • 23-06-2010 9:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭

went down to the park this evening, to my shock, about 20 caravans down there, car park is full. I see they have started with dirtying the place already, bits of scrap wire heaped up and ready to burn off the plastic, which is illegal!.... lets see if the local cops and council have balls to move them on, and get them to tidy up too, must call down tomorrow and see.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Doom wrote: »
    went down to the park this evening, to my shock, about 20 caravans down there, car park is full. I see they have started with dirtying the place already, bits of scrap wire heaped up and ready to burn off the plastic, which is illegal!.... lets see if the local cops and council have balls to move them on, and get them to tidy up too, must call down tomorrow and see.

Did you ring Gardai, Council? That might help move them on..I don't mind them parking up so much, it's just the mess afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Carolyyn

Doom wrote: »

Unfortunately, this is not the first time they have encamped in Renville during the Summer. All you can do is let the Gardai know and they'll follow procedures to move them on. I know this was an annual problem on Bertra beach in Mayo until they put up barriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Leave them alone.

They always summer in Renville.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Leave them alone.

Do you live in Rinville? Thought so:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Clemon wrote: »
    Do you live in Rinville? Thought so:rolleyes:

wept1.jpg

No, I wasn't being sarcastic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Maja

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Leave them alone.

I dont like the fact that they are beeing so discriminated here, but I must say I hate when they leave rubbish behind. There is one family living close to us and this is unbeliveable what they leave on the grass on front of all other houses ( nappies, shoes -between ussual staff like cans, wrappings etc) :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sharkbite1983

Wait till they're all asleep and cover the caravans in petrol, burn the stinking inbred scum out. I'm sick of people defending them, they contribute nothing but bad smells and ccrime. ****in hate them, padraig nally should be given a medal And a bigger gun. Hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Maja

Wait till they're all asleep and cover the caravans in petrol, burn the stinking inbred scum out. I'm sick of people defending them, they contribute nothing but bad smells and ccrime. ****in hate them, padraig nally should be given a medal And a bigger gun. Hero.

-what if your parents where travelers? :confused: Dont despise anyone -despise antysocial behaviour!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Maja wrote: »
    -what if your parents where travelers? :confused:

Then sharkbite1983 would be a self loathing traveller, obviously :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

sharkbite1983 banned

It seems it's impossible to discuss travellers here without it going way OTT, hence the lock.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement