Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Flickr layout

• 23-06-2010 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭

Just logged into flickr. Its been updated a bit and looks lovely and fresh.
    Has a 600px option now for sizes which will keep a few people around here a tiny bit happier

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Huh ???Looks the same as usual for me??:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

I got an option of clicking a link called "we've added a page, see what the future looks like" so something to that effect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Aye ...indeed I see that now D'oh !! Yeah looks good :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Mine appears all red when I click for the new version :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Interesting. Not sure how it'll work out but good to see them trying things.

• Advertisement

5ASPjYW.jpeg

That's what I'm getting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

That's a handy new layout alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Fajitas! wrote: »
    That's a handy new layout alright.

Cue the barrage of haters, flickr protest groups, anti-protest groups, people leaving flickr because ever since yahoo took over they've been blah blah blah

Seriously, is it supposed to be red backing? because that is horrific to look at!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Cue the barrage of haters, flickr protest groups, anti-protest groups, people leaving flickr because ever since yahoo took over they've been blah blah blah
    I forgot that that happens. Oh lol.

Nope, no red backing here.

• Advertisement

Seriously, is it supposed to be red backing? because that is horrific to look at!

Of course not. It obviously just an error

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

don't know why you're seeing red. It's still white. I would like to have a black option too though.
    I prefer it because I can browse through my contacts pictures without having to constantly go back to the contact's page.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

Still white !
    I prefer the old version at the moment !
    but i guess it will eventually grow on me !:rolleyes:

Of course not. It obviously just an error

I did think that but nobody seemed to notice the red image I posted, just double checking. Maybe they're doing it to non-pro accounts to make us upgrade? :D [which I do keep meaning to do]

don't know why you're seeing red. It's still white. I would like to have a black option too though.
    I prefer it because I can browse through my contacts pictures without having to constantly go back to the contact's page.

From your photostream click on a pic. In the subsequent page click the main pic again you automatically to see it on black

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

I'm really liking the lightbox view and navigation.

Fixed, I'm in white. It's a Chrome issue it seems, it's fine in FF.

I bet it's because I was using the Patr add-on for Chrome, which was handy. Will give it a try and see do I like it before I dump that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

the new flickr layout has broken my greasemonkey script for embedding in boards :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

nice features and interface, however its too far apart,
    the items are spread out a bit, would be nice if it was a bit more compact.

But features are amazing and thanks god for the lightbox view, FINALLY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I like the Panda :D

pandavz.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

How do I get the 'new layout'... banner/announcement back?
    I clicked on it yesterday, it said I needed to update to newer version of IE, which I didn't do at the time.
    today the banner is gone....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Thumbs up from me. Nice to be able to view large on black. The 640px option is handy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

Where's the 'all sizes' option now?
    Dont wanna get in trouble on the random photo thread!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Click on the image and it will open in large mode on the dark background. In the top right the 'All Sizes' option will appear beside the xClose.

It's also a drop down under the Actions button in the standard view.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

I wasn't too sure about it yesterday when I seen it but it is really starting to grow on me now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Dimy

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Click on the image and it will open in large mode on the dark background. In the top right the 'All Sizes' option will appear beside the xClose.

It's also a drop down under the Actions button in the standard view.

But where's the link to the picture jpg? I'm missing that in the all-sizes view...

If you go to Share This on the photo page, you can grab the html or the link to the photo page but that's not the same... (also doesn't give you the size you want).

The way I'm going around this now is go to the all-sizes view for whatever size I want then view the page "Source" and get the link from the html on line 19.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Dimy wrote: »
    But where's the link to the picture jpg? I'm missing that in the all-sizes view...

If you go to Share This on the photo page, you can grab the html or the link to the photo page but that's not the same... (also doesn't give you the size you want).

The way I'm going around this now is go to the all-sizes view for whatever size I want then view the page "Source" and get the link from the html on line 19.

Go right click on the pic in the size you want and "copy image location".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Dimy

xia wrote: »
    Go right click on the pic in the size you want and "copy image location".

I think that's a browser feature... because I dont see that with IE8. But anyway, I can right-click, go to properties and then copy the image location, that's already better then the method I used before :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

At least only one step more than in FF

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

The 640px option is the biggest improvement! Push it to 800 now and I'll be a very happy camper! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Must say I'm not a fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

It was this thread that made me realise that Flickr has had a site redesign as I haven't logged on directly to Flickr for about 3 years now. I usually view the site only through http://www.flickriver.com

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

Gyalist wrote: »
    It was this thread that made me realise that Flickr has had a site redesign as I haven't logged on directly to Flickr for about 3 years now. I usually view the site only through http://www.flickriver.com

I have to agree Flickriver is great
    so smooth and the black background is great..

Advertisement