Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband availabiity

• 23-06-2010 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I'm going to be living a block over from Grafton, Anne street south, and was told broadband isn't available. Is that possible?

I would think somewhere so central wouldn't have these types of issues, but I'm new to Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If UPC told you this, then take it as true. And yes, it's all too possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

if UPC told you that there is no service in your area then i suppose there is none..did you try another provider maybe??UPC's coverage is patchy in ireland even in built up areas

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mmille24

I know there was a sky TV box in the house, but I've read that they don't offer broadband. I guess I'm going to try magnet, although they seem to be outrageously pricey (I don't need phone service).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

mmille24 wrote: »
    I know there was a sky TV box in the house, but I've read that they don't offer broadband. I guess I'm going to try magnet, although they seem to be outrageously pricey (I don't need phone service).

yep sky dont do broadband in ireland yet they do however in the UK there are rumours that sky broadband is coming to ireland but i dont know if that is true..magnet do seem slightly over priced but they seem to be one of the top providers in the country at the moment.if i had the option to go to magnet or upc i would go with magnet as UPC have crap customer services

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mmille24

I guess magnet it is. I'm trying to get a feel for what's the best. I've looked at the polls, but apparently they are pretty old.

I'd like to join UPC because of the new 100 mb system, but I guess magnet is my only option.

• Advertisement
Advertisement