Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query about Rent Allowance from HSE.

Options
  • 23-06-2010 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi folks.

I'll give you the run down:

For the last two years I've been doing FÁS courses. (Before that finished the leaving and stubbornly decided not to go to college so soon).

I looved FÁS, great craic.
    Anyway.. The last course I did was in Letterkenny, I've been living in Sligo for the last few years to had to move up to do the course, which didn't bother me.
    I was getting a nice sum of €200 a week and then ontop of that I was getting rent allowance.
    Brilliant!

However, the course has since finished (7 weeks ago) and due to a mix up and pish posh with people it took that long to receive any money.
    So today I went down to the PO expecting a nice sum of money.
    ..I was more than a little shocked to see that it was just over half of what I expected.

So I went up to the office and queried this.
    They told me that the Social doesn't do anything with rent allowance.
    ....nobody friggin told me.
    I was on FÁS for seven months getting this and thought it was all to do with the dole.

...*sigh*

So what I have to do now is go back to Letterkenny tomorrow, go into the HSE and ask about this.

But first I would like a bitta help.

Would I be able to claim rent allowance for the previous seven weeks?
    How long does it take to sort out this whole process?
    Would I even get rent allowance? :S

P.S
    Let me set out a few things here.
    I'm not some sort of greedy goodfornothing fas4lifer.
    Yes...it seems that way.
    And yes it seems that I'm 'expecting' to get this money.
    But let me tell you that that is not the case!

I expect nothing for free in this life, and looking at some of the people in the dole queues, they are visa versa.

Everyday since the course ended I am in the Recruitment agency in Letterkenny, and everyday I am in the internet cafe looking everywhere for new jobs.
    It is a bit disheartening at times though when you look at a job that someone without experience and qualification can get, and know that 100 'perfect' applicants are going in for it aswell.

Anywhoo.. Thanks very much for spending the time to read over this.
    I appreciate it. ^^

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Hi folks.

I'll give you the run down:

For the last two years I've been doing FÁS courses. (Before that finished the leaving and stubbornly decided not to go to college so soon).

I looved FÁS, great craic.
    Anyway.. The last course I did was in Letterkenny, I've been living in Sligo for the last few years to had to move up to do the course, which didn't bother me.
    I was getting a nice sum of €200 a week and then ontop of that I was getting rent allowance.
    Brilliant!

However, the course has since finished (7 weeks ago) and due to a mix up and pish posh with people it took that long to receive any money.
    So today I went down to the PO expecting a nice sum of money.
    ..I was more than a little shocked to see that it was just over half of what I expected.

So I went up to the office and queried this.
    They told me that the Social doesn't do anything with rent allowance.
    ....nobody friggin told me.
    I was on FÁS for seven months getting this and thought it was all to do with the dole.

...*sigh*

So what I have to do now is go back to Letterkenny tomorrow, go into the HSE and ask about this.

But first I would like a bitta help.

Would I be able to claim rent allowance for the previous seven weeks?
    How long does it take to sort out this whole process?
    Would I even get rent allowance? :S

P.S
    Let me set out a few things here.
    I'm not some sort of greedy goodfornothing fas4lifer.
    Yes...it seems that way.
    And yes it seems that I'm 'expecting' to get this money.
    But let me tell you that that is not the case!

I expect nothing for free in this life, and looking at some of the people in the dole queues, they are visa versa.

Everyday since the course ended I am in the Recruitment agency in Letterkenny, and everyday I am in the internet cafe looking everywhere for new jobs.
    It is a bit disheartening at times though when you look at a job that someone without experience and qualification can get, and know that 100 'perfect' applicants are going in for it aswell.

Anywhoo.. Thanks very much for spending the time to read over this.
    I appreciate it. ^^

Condesending posts don't deserve answers... Who are you to judge exactly? Too lazy to go to college... pfft.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Aranthos Faroth

Condesending posts don't deserve answers... Who are you to judge exactly? Too lazy to go to college... pfft.

^^ For the last three years I have applied to go to 3 different colleges.
    But the courses that I would like to do, have alot of numbers, and for such reason, I have not been accepted for three years running.

By the way Mr. Total Posts: 6,239.
    If going to college means being stuck in your mothers house posting twice or more a day for as long as she held out, then I don't really want to go anyway.

Get your facts right before you think your flaming someone.

Advertisement