Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help Needed Please

• 23-06-2010 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I am writing for my elderly parents, They drive a 05 opel astra bought from new and only has 36'000 km's on the clock always serviced with the main opel dealer in waterford, Today when driving there was a funny noise and they stopped the car, it wouldn't restart, the mechanic in opel waterford said he has never seen this in all his life but the oil pump stopped pumping, broke away went into the engine and cannot be repaired engine total write-off, as there is such low mileage and full service history do they have a leg to stand on as no warning light came on I feel they do but don't know next move, Why bother paying over the odds to service the car in a main dealer if the wipe there hands of it when there is a problem, Any advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The car's well out of warranty, but i'd push the garage to apply for a goodwill gesture from Opel nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

As above. They might do something for them alright.

Advertisement