Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gorm Pedalboard!

• 23-06-2010 10:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭

So I decided that I wanted a pedalboard but I didnt want to spend the money that some of them wanted so I decided to go the DIY route. I saw that somepeople were usng the Ikea Gorm shelves for theirs so when I was there I picked up one. I got the biggest one there which was a waste of time as you would nearly fall over trying to turn a pedal at the top on/off. So I disassembled it, which was a PITA as the use special nails that are not meant to be removed, but anyway I downsized it and now its about the same size as a pedaltrain junior. I put screws with caps on the bottom to use as feet so I can unscrew the screws to ensure that the pedalboard is level. I used an extension bar (also Gorm) to raise the back up off the grouns so its angled. I put it back together with screws but that was just for a bit of added strength really, although it can hold 50kg when you buy it. I would advise putting an support board on the underside to make sure its competely stable. I will do it to mine when I get the chance. I also used the L brackets, that come with the shlef, to give it even more support! :) I used industrial strength velcro to attach the pedals, with the hook side attached to the pedalboard. Thats the most expensive part of the build! :P
    But anyway, enough talk, heres the pics! Any questions ask and give it a go yourself, really cleans up your pedals!

Heres a link to the shelf http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50058507

And to the extension post http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70058506

DSC04526.jpg
    DSC04530.jpg
    DSC04533.jpg
    DSC04534.jpg
    DSC04535.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Weird... I was just looking at this today: http://www.tdpri.com/forum/stomp-box/153763-my-do-yourself-ikea-pedalboard-build-thread.html and was gonna make one at the weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

I've got two in the making here's one that i'll be putting together fully as my porto amp!

4680731402_1bd18a7da9.jpg

(yes the 44 mag is shopped in there until it's release!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

pedaltrain look out ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Not a chance! The big fella is staying put! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Ive been working on one too. Was waiting till college finished to finish it, that and until I have all the pedals for it. Still need a reverb pedal, a chorus pedal and maybe a deluxe elctriss mistress :P I have the biggest one they have in 4 and 3 planks to do a tiered board but I am gonna have to get the same again I think to fit all the pedals. Gonna be building a proper flight case for it as well hopefully.

• Advertisement

Ikea are probably wondering why their shelves are so popular :pac:

Just took my freshly painted gorm pedalboard out of the shed for velcroing:

IMG_0575.jpg

I just got the biggest size they had, 77x50 cm I think, cut off one of the slats and used it as a rear panel. Basically I sawed it off, took no time since it was easy to line up the saw with one of the slats, then drilled a hole for the bolt to connect the sawn off piece:

IMG_0577.jpg

Used the Bolts that came with it, and I had a few cans of spray paint lying around, so I just covered it in white, then a layer of random sprays of pink, orange and very light blue, which doesn't really show up. Then covered it in a gloss varnish spray.

Threw some rubber feet on too so the total so far is €8.50

IMG_0578.jpg

I have some velcro already so I'm hoping I have enough to keep the whole project nice and cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

pretty good job!

only gripe i have with homeade boards is transport and cases for em n stuff, so awkward to gig and transport if everything just out, but cool none the less!

i made a nice homeade one but jus reverted back to the case, for convienience

thar she isssssssss - http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j235/alsfotos/board.jpg

Advertisement