Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pet couriers in Ireland

Options
  • 23-06-2010 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Evenin',

I am looking to transport a kitten from Roscommon to Kilkenny in a few weeks and I don't have my own transport so I'm wondering if anyone knows of any pet couriers here in Ireland? I've looked online but I can't find anything.

Also I'm wondering if anyone would know how much I would be expected to pay for such a service?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

your best bet is probably to hire someone, likely from roscommon to cut down on their travel time.

Someone from roscommon could probably do it for 60 euro. If I was to do it from Galway I'd have to charge 100 for the extra time & petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

I'm just bumping this once cos I posted it late on last night. I'd be grateful if anyone could shed some light on my query. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It might be worth asking in the relevant Region forums to see if there's anyone from either area who regularly travels from one to the other and would take your kitten along with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Ask a taxi driver - me :D
    Seriously though I would do it once the cat is in a cage or box I've no problem I like cats have three of my own. We could come to some arrangement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Where in Roscommon is the kitten OP?

• Advertisement

It's in Cloondacarra, Castlerea. I still don't know exactly when I can collect it so I'm just kind of sussing out the situation at the moment. I'll probably know more within the next week and then I can make a proper decision on transport arrangements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 equinestudent

Hi OP, whereabouts in Kilkenny are you? I'm in Roscommon so might be able to help, just trying to work out how far and how much diesel I'd need! I recently sold 7 puppies and delivered them all over (Athlone, Kildare, Dublin and Carlow), so one kitten would be a doddle! Have a commercial jeep so would have room for a box/cage.

I live in Kilkenny City centre. Thanks a million for all the replies lads. When I know exactly what is happening I'll consider my options.

Advertisement