Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Master 7w GU10 LED

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

Dont know about phillips but seem pricey, i got 40 ecopal gu10 3w warm white led's going for nearly a year now, reduced esb bill by 40%, worth every penny about 80% as bright as standard halogens, which melted fittings in holder because they ran so hot, they were around €10 each from ct electric galway, an electrician friend told me last week there is another brand as good for around €5 + vat out now from here http://www.curranelec.ie/, sorry dont know brand name, recomend ecopal, got 3 faulty , but got them replaced since, free of charge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

chris1970 wrote: »
    Dont know about phillips but seem pricey, i got 40 ecopal gu10 3w warm white led's going for nearly a year now, reduced esb bill by 40%, worth every penny about 80% as bright as standard halogens, which melted fittings in holder because they ran so hot, they were around €10 each from ct electric galway, an electrician friend told me last week there is another brand as good for around €5 + vat out now from here http://www.curranelec.ie/, sorry dont know brand name, recomend ecopal, got 3 faulty , but got them replaced since, free of charge.

Can I ask how do these 3w led bulbs stand up to a normal 50wat GU10 down light bulb?

Do they give good light and whats the light like.Is it a cold white or blue type light or is it nice and warm style??

OH,and are they dimmable??

many thanks.:)

Very good light 80% as bright as 40 watt halogen that they replaces , warm white, not blue, not dimmable but that was a year ago, but dimmable in my book waste of time, i had my dimmable switchs converted, probable ones that can dim now, well woth looking at, with that prices they are now,i had heard the diodes fade but mind havent, 12 kitchen ones left on practicaly all the time, i cannot see any difference in other ones

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

chris1970 wrote: »
    Very good light 80% as bright as 40 watt halogen that they replaces , warm white, not blue, not dimmable but that was a year ago, but dimmable in my book waste of time, i had my dimmable switchs converted, probable ones that can dim now, well woth looking at, with that prices they are now,i had heard the diodes fade but mind havent, 12 kitchen ones left on practicaly all the time, i cannot see any difference in other ones

Thanks for that,can you tell me where you got the led bulbs from?

I would be needing around 15 of them myself.Kitchen and also bathroom.

Thanks.:)

Ct electric galway, sean mulvoy road
    CT Electric
    Company CT Electric
    Contact Bill Doran
    Address Sean Mulvoy Road
    Galway
    Telephone 091 745300
    Fax 091 758058
    Website www.kellihers.com

• Advertisement