Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

##Pacers Needed##Dingle Marathon##

• 23-06-2010 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭

The Dingle Marathon, 4th Sept 2010, is going to be running Boards Pace Groups this year (all part of the master plan to take over the world, one marathon at a time!)

This is very much a smaller marathon than teh likes of Dublin or even Limerick but RunningCoach (who acted as point man in sorting this all out) has put together a good package for the pacers. Obviously you'll get free entry to the race itself, technical t shirt and all the goodies that the ordinary runners will get. Best of all though is that he has organised a house for teh pacers use, not just for teh night before the race but the night of as well so you can enjoy a few post race pints (bought by your grateful pacee's, with any luck!) and stagger home to bed :)

We will be running pace groups in teh half and teh full (not the Ultra, sorry!) at the following bands:
    3 x 1 pacers for half (1.45-2.00-2.15)

3 x 2 pacers for Full (3.30 - 4.00 - 4.30)

HM and RC are taking care of the 4 hour slot so that leaves us needing 7 heads. Dingle is a tough enough race, probably on a par with Conn (the big hill at the end has changed to make it a little easier than previous years) but it is set in spectacular scenery and is touted as one of teh "must do" races. That said because it's a tough enough course you'll need to be good to pace this well. I'm not going to set hard and fast criteria on this just yet - you all know the general drill by now. If you are interested drop me a PM or reply here (you'll also get access to teh super sekrit Marathon Pacers Forum, shhhhh)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Two quality new signings!

Thank you SJ and Gaf1983 for stepping up to marathon (3:30) and half (2:15) respectively.

Line ups:

Half

1:45
    2*Open

2:00
    2*Open

2:15
    Gaf1983
    1*Open

Full

3:30
    SJ
    1*Open

4:00
    HM
    RunningCoach

4:30
    2*Open

Who's next to sign up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

If you want a pacer for the 1.45 mark count me in. Always nice to get out on a good hilly course to test your metal;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭tisnotover

Could be on for half pacing Amadeus. It'd be a good final run before the Cork Half Marathon following wknd.

Do you have link to elevation profile for the half ? that'll decide whether I could do 1:45/2:00. :)

Won't commit yet, but will know in couple wks as to whether I'll be free that wknd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

I'm interested too, either for 2:00 or 2:15 half - probably the latter although I've done 1:46 for half earlier this year on the mighty hills of Wexford so 2:00 shouldn't be a problem. Just throwing my name in the hat anyway :)

More victims quality sign ups :)

As with all pacing gigs we'll get names in slots first and then look for details off you all so that the race organisers can have the final say. As you know I won't be there on teh day so I'll get the prelim names in and then I'll be passing you all over to RC's tender loving care...

Line ups:

Half

tisnotover
    ecoli

2:00
    xebec
    1*Open

2:15
    Gaf1983
    1*Open

Full

SJ
    DP

HM
    RunningCoach

2*Open

Tis, elevation should be on teh marathon website, if not give me a yell and I'll get it for you. Xebec & Tis' I have you down in provisional positions but we can juggle you around depending on results / fitness and who else signs up :)

So all we need now are a couple of people to cover 4:30 and 1 each at 2 and 2:15 for the half.

Who else is in?

Edit - Everyone on here *should* now have access to the Pacer forum, if you don't please let me know

• Advertisement

Right I have boobed :o

In my original note I asked for 3*1 pacers for teh half, but somehow that had slipped my mind by the time I came to writing up the lists. So Xebec and Gaf you are pacing solo, assuming you are happy with that?

And ecoli and Tis we have double booked I'm afraid so I'm going to have to ask one of you to step out. I'm really sorry about this, totally my fault.

Line ups:

Half

tisnotover
    ecoli

2:00 - Full
    xebec

2:15 - Full
    Gaf1983

Full Marathon

SJ
    DP

HM
    RunningCoach

2*Open

Tisnotover has very graciously agreed to step aside for this one to cover up my blushes. Huge thank you for that!

Line ups:

Half

1:45 - Full
    ecoli

2:00 - Full
    xebec

2:15 - Full
    Gaf1983

Full Marathon

3:30 - Full
    SJ
    DP

4:00 - Full
    HM
    RunningCoach

2*Open[/QUOTE]

So that just leaves us looking for 2 @ 4:30, any takers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Matt1

Guys, if anyone is planning to run around 1:30:00 for the half marathon in Dingle on Saturday then I'd be interested in running with them. I note that Ken and the team organising have pace makers with the fastest being 1:45:00. I'm in reasonable nick with higher average speeds this year but lower overall distances. DOne a couple of 10 milers so will get round but would like to do a course PB.

Good luck to all the runners!

Matt

Advertisement