Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English and Psycology or English and History for teaching?!

• 23-06-2010 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Having a major crisis on which to put as my first choice,prob be doing them as an arts degree as I wanna go into secondary teaching.
    Although History is a lot of writing to take on with English,also im not sure Id wanna teach it.
    And I love phsycology,however heard theres a lot of maths in it?
    I detest maths and find it difficult,so thats worrying me a bit.
    Any advice?Experiences?Anything?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

If it's any help NUI Maynooth's past exam papers are available to the public >>> http://www.nuim.ie/cgi-bin/library/index.cgi

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭hokeypokey

Psychology isnt a second level subject and not so sure that and english would go well together, with history, it would be no problem if you love history.

Really follow your heart and it shouldn't lead you too far wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ChristinaIndigo

pathway33 wrote: »
    If it's any help NUI Maynooth's past exam papers are available to the public >>> http://www.nuim.ie/cgi-bin/library/index.cgi

Some of them look seriously scary :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Some of them look seriously scary :eek:

ah shu anything looks scary when you haven't done it. Have a look at the LC Japanese paper and I'd say you'd be pretty scared. Yet people who study for it say it's pretty easy. Think of the first time you got on a bike without stabilisers. Were you scared? I know I had an accident on my saddle :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Melissa X wrote: »
    And I love phsycology,however heard theres a lot of maths in it?
    The only Maths you'll have to study in psychology is statistics, which there would be a reasonable amount of.

It would be a good idea to get your hands on a first year psychology book if possible. In my experience people found psychology to be way more scientific than they expected, and that it wasn't really what they thought it would be like at all.

If you have any specific questions about psychology ask them here and I'll try to answer them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement