Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gel nails

• 23-06-2010 11:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

Looking to get gel nails done in Dublin city centre before Tuesday.

Looking for recommendations prices and phone numbers of places in town :)

going to phone to try and book tomorrow so any help is appreciated :)

thanks x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭hollygirl08

Hi,
    Well back some months ago I got them done in Arnotts at the section that does the threading. They were lovely and lasted bout 3 weeks. 50E. They are quite difficult to get off. I bought the liquid remover myself and couldn't get them off so booked in to have them removed which cost 20E!! Nails left a bit weak afterwards I have to say. Recently saw a new beauty salon in Mary Street Mall. It's call Bushra's. They do threading, gel nails etc. Much cheaper than the above place in Arnotts for the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭alanajane

my daughter nail technician, just soak your nails (be they gel, arcylic etc) in acetone/nail polish remover and they will come off. best if you put acetone in bowl over another bowl of hot water. DO NOT MICROWAVE ACETONE!!!!!! unless you want to blow roof off your house. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

you can't soak the GEL nails off unless it soak-off gel (but you have to ask for soak-off when you're getting them done). Gel nails are removed by filing them off. Acrylic nails are removed by soaking them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭alanajane

oh yes you can, have done it and seen it done several times.....:) gel simply melts in acetone.

Advertisement