Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny to Thurles

Options
  • 23-06-2010 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi
    I am wondering if anybody knows of a easy way to get from Kilkenny to Thurles if you do not drive... Considering applying for a college place up there but need to check out my options... Cheers..

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

mousehouse wrote: »
    Hi
    I am wondering if anybody knows of a easy way to get from Kilkenny to Thurles if you do not drive... Considering applying for a college place up there but need to check out my options... Cheers..

I know I've looked at it in the past and I don't think there is. JJ Kavanagh used to go there heading to Limerick on Sunday evenings and coming back on Friday evenings when I was going to college in Shannon. Just took a look there, Bernard Kavanagh runs services but the first leaves KK at midday and a connecting bus leaves at 13h45. Me personally, I think you'd be better off getting a bicycle it'd only take you 1h30 - 1h45 which is quicker than all public transport systems which are not going to Dublin.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Unfortunately though the Bike will be fine in the summer but not so fine in the winter mornings with frost and snow when he has to carry stuff to college, Tipp isn't known for its fantastic good quality roads either :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Cabaal wrote: »
    Unfortunately though the Bike will be fine in the summer but not so fine in the winter mornings with frost and snow when he has to carry stuff to college, Tipp isn't known for its fantastic good quality roads either :(

He'll just have to MTFU

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement