Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cat litter tray - need to buy one...

Options
  • 23-06-2010 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

hi

I need to get a litter tray for my cats. I thought of going to Argos but they only seem to have other bits and pieces for cats. Is there a pet supplies shop somewhere near UCD? Dundrum? Blackrock? Donnybrook? city centre??? the problem is, I need to get it now, as I am travelling on Friday...

many thanks,
    sf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Crafty-Chel

Hi i got this one from argos b4 for my cats

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8702410/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CSport+and+leisure%7C14419152/c_2/2%7Ccat_14419152%7CPet+supplies%7C14418785/c_3/3%7Ccat_14418785%7CCat+accessories%7C14418798.htm

sorry if the link doesnt work, it a cat loo with a lid and a flap door, its great for masking the smells.. its only 21euro in argos.. i found it great...

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

thanks I didn't even notice that one and I checked 2x! we did have something like this years ago, but one of my cats refused to use it and there was a bit of a disaster.... poor kitty...

but thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Pudding11

You can order them from www.pet-bliss.ie with delivery. Alternatively I got mine in Wackers petshop on Parnell Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

You could always take out the plastic door flap thing, until they learn to use it

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Crafty-Chel

Mine were the same when i got it, i tried pushing them thru it like i did when i first put in the cat flap on the door... i just took it off in the end... cats are clean animals, so your cat will use it, he wont want to go anywhere else...

am i right in saying your living somewhere where you cant let your cat out, if so the smell of his poop will be horrid in a normal tray... i really found this one the best for keeping the smell in...

Heres another idea (if its a small area n smell is a problem) i recently moved into a mobile home, and them decided to get another kitten, didnt have room for the big tray with the cover, so got a normal on and took one of the doors of the presses and put it into it (it was a press away from food ect.. he used it all the time until he was big enuff to go outside... again it masked the smells....

hope some of this helps..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

thanks for all this - the thing is that the kitties are both indoor cats, and of course it stinks to heaven when they both get down to it... we just clean their tray as often as possible. And we have a tray, and quite good sand, too, it's just that I am going away and the person who looks after them can only come once a day, sometimes coming in the morning and next day only later afternoon/evening, so just want to leave them an extra tray so that they can comfortable deliver the goods... kitties.

I have tracked down a shop in Blackrock, easy cycle ride from where I live, so will just pick a simple tray there.

thanks again,

Advertisement