Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal charity collectors in town.

Options
  • 24-06-2010 12:15am

Just wondering about these guys. There seems to be people from two different organisations out en masse these days. Now, I would probably consider giving some money to an animal charity, except they seem a bit overly pushy in a chuggery sense.

Some of them are even a bit rude. Just want to know are they being paid or are they volunteers if anyone knows the answer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Walk on by dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

They are on commission only. I'd love to know how much (or how little) of each donation actually gets through to a worthy cause.

Ah I thought so. Well they shan't be getting commission money from me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Paws is the new Hanly centre.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

They are on commission only. I'd love to know how much (or how little) of each donation actually gets through to a worthy cause.

Well i used to do something similar back in the 1990's.
    You'd sell a "line" for a raffle for a pound..we the sellers got 40%,our supervisor got 20%,HIS supervisor got 20%,the admin staff got 5%,the printing of the cards cost another 5% and the rest of the money went to the 'charity'.
    I'm not saying all chuggers are on the same kind of commison but beware the H**ley Centre(for victims of alcohol abuse).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

It's a shame that animal charities are being associated with this rubbish now.

Advertisement