Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BFBC2 free MOH BETA....

Options
  • 24-06-2010 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

Well BETA went live on the 21st June....and I got my BETA KEY approval but waiting for the confirmation EMAIL.

I taught STEAM would have this straight away as anyone who got BC2 off steam gets a free key to play this.

I have seen it running and it play VERY SIMILAR to COD4 with a hint of BC2..so more arcadey then BC2.....but looks very good. Hopefully I be running it soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVNr14D3XHE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭yankinlk

do you not need to pre purchase to have access to beta? owning bfbc2 just gets u access earlier right?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

In case you hadn't seen it...here is the MOH beta thread in the main games forum.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

yankinlk wrote: »
    do you not need to pre purchase to have access to beta? owning bfbc2 just gets u access earlier right?

A MOH Pre-order is required for the key. A BFBC2 VIP key (any PC copy) got you access on June 17th, with the rest getting access on June 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Its BFBC2 all over again, but feels a little less arcadey. Also has a COD4 feel to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Has a COD feel to it....you havin a laugh fairy. You mean it has a BC2 feeling to it, it could be an exspansion pack for COD it plays that similar to it....lol
    From what I can see....but you the expert with ya COD fraggin all week!

From the early videos been banded about I had high hopes for this but alas I dont think I will get it unless it offers something "NEW" which I doubt.

I got my copy through STEAM but the BETA is not live on STEAM, and I did not get the actual key YET just an email...blah blah blah...the usual

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

I got my copy through STEAM but the BETA is not live on STEAM, and I did not get the actual key YET just an email...blah blah blah...the usual

Beta is on Steam, but only if you've preordered through them.

Ahh KK, but I taught the rest had access after a few days?

I aint pre ordering this game just to see if the BETA is good....MADNESS.

I will just re-install COD4 and turn the colours up!

:eek:

Ahh KK, but I taught the rest had access after a few days?

I aint pre ordering this game just to see if the BETA is good....MADNESS.

I will just re-install COD4 and turn the colours up!

You don't need Steam if you have a key, the source of the key doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I have seen it running and it play VERY SIMILAR to COD4 with a hint of BC2..so more arcadey then BC2.....but looks very good. Hopefully I be running it soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVNr14D3XHE
    MW2 with dedicated servers, it would seem.

Another thing is that you get certain weapons depending on your team. Thus, you all don't have the same weapons regardless of the team you're on.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Has a COD feel to it....you havin a laugh fairy. You mean it has a BC2 feeling to it, it could be an exspansion pack for COD it plays that similar to it....lol
    From what I can see....but you the expert with ya COD fraggin all week!

From the early videos been banded about I had high hopes for this but alas I dont think I will get it unless it offers something "NEW" which I doubt.

Erm no, it looks like BC2, same messages and same bloody game modes, but it feels like COD4. FFS sure DICE did the MP part of it, and for all intense purposes its BC2 all over again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

TheFairy wrote: »
    Erm no, it looks like BC2, same messages and same bloody game modes, but it feels like COD4. FFS sure DICE did the MP part of it, and for all intense purposes its BC2 all over again.

BC2 AND I get to pay for it again??!!! Where do I sign up?? Rock and Roll!!!!

I was thinking of picking up l4d2 any1 else playing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

TheFairy wrote: »

I'd slightly agree with you. It's like BC2 gameplay, but much much worse. I played the beta for about 2 hours one night and I decided not to touch it again until the game was completed.

BC2 AND I get to pay for it again??!!! Where do I sign up?? Rock and Roll!!!!

I play it regular Shooter mate its a top top notch game, but you have to get on steam mate add me as a lover friend :o

I've added you already mister "too-many-friends-to-notice-new-ones-on-steam":D

Actually saw the new AvP in dundrum for 15 squid, didn't pick it up but I might.

what is the name on steam is it shooter aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I was thinking of picking up l4d2 any1 else playing it?

Random....but yes...loads play it. Still one of the best games out there by far

With regards to MOH, I bought it on preorder when it was available, have had the Beta over a week,,,but have only put in about 2 hours due to how buggy it is atm. It has a feel of both MW2 and BC2. BC2 obviously because the MP was made by DICE, but MW because its smoother and quicker and not so Glitzy and bloom effecty like BC is. I gave up on MW2 (console port disaster) and BC2 (boring after a while...BF2 still better) a long time ago.

Been waitin on a true successor to MOHAA, failing that a decent dedi server version of COD would be nice (COD2 + 4) were amazing.
    I've added you already mister "too-many-friends-to-notice-new-ones-on-steam"
    As with regards to Friends, it appears there is a cap on 248, I couldnt go past it anyways, so had to start deleting.

what is the name on steam is it shooter aswell?
    Yep I just changed it.

Picked AvP up today, so I'm gonna take it for a spin. After playing L4D2 I was a bit underwhelmed, pretty much the same as l4d. That charger is just retarded.

On first impressions L4D2 is a lot like L4D, but it is infinitely better.
    The Charger, Jockey and Spitter add so much into the mix that old tactics are gone out the windows.

Im assuming you played it on versus ? Its really the only way to play L4D2

Yep vs is all I've really played, got some french dude screaming into his mike for an hour ^ ^.

• Advertisement

L4D2 is a masterclass in online gameplay. It is just excellant, it FORCES players to play together. Coz if you a lone wolf you will last about 5mins, granted if you play the game with a group of regular mates (like me) the game improves ten fold.

We should try get some matches going with the regulars against regulars.
    I would prob be able to get 4 together for a game easily enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

I know this thread is already way off-topic. I like L4D2 as well but have a hard time getting a good game going as people are always ragequitting. Add me as jumbobreakfast in steam, I usually can get a good team but finding good opponents is a problem. We used to play L4d1 and there were so many good players/friends that we'd all go random...best way to learn new tricks

Well jumbo I've added you so I'll be keeping an eye out for some games. Sean what user name are you using?

Well jumbo I've added you so I'll be keeping an eye out for some games. Sean what user name are you using?

CTASeantheMan is my steam name.

Game name will range from...Seánny, {DoWUK}Sean, I Luv Tea ...to many racist comments about Romanian Gypsies.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I got L4D2 over the weekend on steam.
    Played it and was surprised how much more i enjoyed it compared to the first one.
    I only bought it thanks to the steam sale but glad i did now.
    Feel free to add me for some games guys, steam name is Cully :)

Sorry to go OT, just realised after i posted that this was a MOH thread.

Speaking of MOH, is the beta access for those who pre ordered still ongoing?

Beta should be still available Cully, go to the BETA option in steam it should be listed for you if you pre ordered.

I deffo up for a game of L4D2. I would easily get 8 for a game most nights but I will have to lick some MAJOR ASS for legging it when BFBC2 came out!

Back on topic now guys the SPEARMAN is LURKING and looking for KILLS!

Sorry i missed ya last night wonda, I was at the gym, just read yer message when I got back.
    nearly always at the gym bewteen 8 and 9:30 or until I can't feel whatever bodypart I'm exercising ^ ^

Advertisement