Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My head is wrecked

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

that would piss of any one man.... every right

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

I said my boss i didn't say anything to the chap and he is a liar, next yer man is talking about solicitors and the manager just said if a solicitor letter arrives i'm out on my ear, nothing personal just can't afford a claim to be banged in.

You should record those conversations with your boss...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

The policy is probably to ask for ID if he looks under 21 but serve him if he can prove he’s over 18.

The guy sounds like a total dick

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Good man. And if you do get fired,fleece the place,and give the beers to us :D

That won't happen as i've a little card up my sleeve to, i'm actually related to the owner although its not known on the shop floor, thankfully my family know the type of person i am and i won't lose any sleep over it. Just never experienced it before and was quite suprised how convincing he was and how quick he twisted it, you have no time to react.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Most of whom? :mad:

:rolleyes:

...Members of a minority race id imagine.. pretty sure there the only ones who can play the race card...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Plenty of people try to play the racism card; they're just bloody whingers. Ignore them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Abrasax

I said my boss i didn't say anything to the chap and he is a liar, .

He was lying?
    So, you denied to your boss you asked him for I.D.?

Why?

Or was there something else he was lying about?

brummytom wrote: »
    Plenty of people try to play the racism card; they're just bloody whingers. Ignore them

Why do they do it though, it doesn't make sense.

This story reeks of shíte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

kc87 wrote: »
    why didnt you just punch him in the face and rob his wallet :cool:

Because that's a crime, and crime is for black people.

:pac:

• Advertisement

Abrasax wrote: »
    He was lying?
    So, you denied to your boss you asked him for I.D.?

Why?

Or was there something else he was lying about?

Sorry yes he was adding bits on 2 bits i caught was, you people always look younger than you are and when he produced id he alleged i said you all look the same.........no such thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Doop wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

...Members of a minority race id imagine.. pretty sure there the only ones who can play the race card...

Sonia O'Sullivan came into a shop I was working in after the Athens Olympics and I wouldn’t serve her because of her race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Rojomcdojo wrote: »

You reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

This happened to my mate in a restaurant in the UK. There was a shíte waitress who got orders wrong, brought the wrong food to the wrong table, and lacked any customer service skills, etc. and after this happened on a few occasions he mentioned it to one of the managers who was really apologetic but said they couldn't do anything about it because she was black and if they reprimanded her she'd play the racist card and sue them! :eek:

I mean, wtf? If you're crap at your job, you're crap. Skin colour has nothing to do with it, and if it's obvious to both staff and customers, then the racist card shouldn't be played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

Sorry yes he was adding bits on 2 bits i caught was, you people always look younger than you are and when he produced id he alleged i said you all look the same.........no such thing

Aye. I mean somebody who came out with

Can't believe some of the ****e i'm reading here, i use 3-6 taxi's daily and when a forgien one comes i dread it. They never know where they are going, 95% of them stink to the high heavens, the same 95% drive absolute ****heaps, never polite or nice, always roaring down the phone or bluetooth set talking forgien ****e constantly. Never help you with bags or cases, get very offended when not tipped, listen to music from the ****in punjab, i've even been in taxi's more than once that has pulled up outside one of these afro-cuisine stores, theyv'e gone in got a few bits and then ask you when they return have you got a problem.

and
    I am far from racist, i have friends from every corner of the planet, and before you all get on your high horse about the family and mortgages comment, most these guys live in Social Welfare paid housing they are all take and no give, and play absolute no role in society, they have no interest in mixing with us and think the world is against them. And the minute you complain about bad service, what are ya?????? A ****in Racist........No Mr forgien taximan, you will find you are the racist.
    (bold mine where present)

would never harbour preconceived notions and generalise about "black" people.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61945415&postcount=158

??? Wishful thinking,, i know what your getting at. I'm related through marrige to the owner of the store who has very little input into the place he is an eldely man semi retired, i'm only doing a few evenings a week for a few quid to go on holiday with my own family, so not much is known about me and i'm not one of those do you know who such n such is??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

convert wrote: »
    This happened to my mate in a restaurant in the UK. There was a shíte waitress who got orders wrong, brought the wrong food to the wrong table, and lacked any customer service skills, etc. and after this happened on a few occasions he mentioned it to one of the managers who was really apologetic but said they couldn't do anything about it because she was black and if they reprimanded her she'd play the racist card and sue them! :eek:

I mean, wtf? If you're crap at your job, you're crap. Skin colour has nothing to do with it, and if it's obvious to both staff and customers, then the racist card shouldn't be played.

happens a lot in the uk, my sister was doing this girls hair and she was putting some color or some ****e in it and she goes this really goes with your skin tone,

the women starts going all ghetto girl SKIN TONE ! YOU CALLING ME BLACK I AM BLACK ARE %$%^ RACIST all this crap :rolleyes: really hope we dont end up like the uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Most of whom? :mad:
    get over yourself,people like you piss me off as much as racists,since when was the word them deemed derogatory,is it only when a black person is involved?****in ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

??? Wishful thinking,, i know what your getting at. I'm related through marrige to the owner of the store who has very little input into the place he is an eldely man semi retired, i'm only doing a few evenings a week for a few quid to go on holiday with my own family, so not much is known about me and i'm not one of those do you know who such n such is??

Tell him he'd make more money if he didn't ignore the lucrative 18-21 year old market.

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »
    Aye. I mean somebody who came out with

and

(bold mine where present)

would never harbour preconceived notions and generalise about "black" people.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61945415&postcount=158

Things that happenend 2 years ago, unrelated to this evening's incident. All the above many people in the country have witnessed, as per every radio and t.v show that addresses the issues on a regular basis. They are all personal experiences repeated everyday the lenght and breath of the country.

ascanbe wrote:
    Tell him he'd make more money if he didn't ignore the lucrative 18-21 year old market.

This is a member of the off-licence trade who gives away free drink. Clearly he's more interested in spreading love than money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Abrasax

And the manager believed him and gave him the drink free, so?
    No security cameras in the offy where you could prove him worng?

I think Nodin has put this thread to bed.

Game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

I think Nodin has put this thread to bed.

Game over.

Yeah. He would've got away with it, if it wasn't for that pesky Nodin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Why don't travellers ever play the race card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Nodin wrote: »
    Jesus... that's some pretty unbelievable stuff... :eek:

"Foreign sh1te" - yeah, how dare they not speak English among themselves rather than their mother tongue. I know if I was living in New Delhi and conversing with fellow Irish ex pats, I'd ensure we only spoke in the local language. And no way would I listen to anything other than the local music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Neberkenezer

:D love this thread,tis been a while since i laughed so hard ... yeah i lead a pretty pathetic life .... nice one anyway ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭minister poxbottle

Got this chap in work this evening and asked him for I.D. He was a black man, the minute i asked him for i.d he asked me why was i racist.....wtf?? He looked under 21 and its policy to ask for i.d. He asked for the duty manager and nearly got me fired, really sick to my stomach over it.

I never said anything to him other than i'll need to see some i.d just to make sure your over 21, its company policy.

The chap nearly has me fired and walks out with a bag of booze for free as an apology???Lads whats the country coming too? Really gutted as i've never insulted any person in my life and don't really have a bad bone in my body, gutted absolutly gutted.
    next time just give him the booze hopefully he falls under a truck i'm sick of these fcuking leech's :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

OP - Get all of your foreign mates between 18-21 to come in every day and do the exact same thing. Once you have built up decent stock levels, your current employer will be low on cash at this stage, open a shop nearby and undercut him to deliver the killer blow. Take the odd case to court to waste some of the shop owners time, hell you may even win some of them. Revenge - sorted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement