Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Torchwood is BACK!

• 24-06-2010 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

The people at the BBC have announced the comeback of torchwood :)
    Its going to be a 10 part series starring Jack and Gwen.

Who is your favourite Torchwood charachter and why?
    Min is Janto Jones - cause he was so lovely, broke my heart when he died:(
    Followed by Jack :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Not technically a Torchwood member, but I like Rhys, love it when he's on-screen, he's always funny and unlike the others I can't think of one bad performance from him

But for looks, definately has to go to Gwen :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

Captain Jack - cos he's gorgeous !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I dunno, as much as I enjoyed Children of Earth, I never really warmed to any of the Torchwood characters. Owen was good, but then the "jerk" characters, by virtue of their starting template, are always scripted to show depth beneath the d*ckhead surface. Of course just as things were getting good with him, they killed him off. Twice.

To be really honest, I never liked Captain Jack. I just didn't see the point of the character & some of the backstory was a weak attempt at to shoehorn some depth into an otherwise shallow horndog.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Apolloyon

To be really honest, I never liked Captain Jack. I just didn't see the point of the character & some of the backstory was a weak attempt at to shoehorn some depth into an otherwise shallow horndog.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! I never got why people raved about Captain Jack. I would have preferred a more machivellian character leading the team with their own agenda. But I can't see them changing the lead in the series somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 xBadWolfx

I think I just like Captain Jack because he came from Doctor Who, and I really love everything to do with DW...really :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Apolloyon

xBadWolfx wrote: »
    I think I just like Captain Jack because he came from Doctor Who, and I really love everything to do with DW...really :D

That explains the user name! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 xBadWolfx

Apolloyon wrote: »
    That explains the user name! ;)

Yep :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Its Torchwood International, some new American Members and USA shoots. Sort of like an ITC production.

Still, it means next year we have Who, Torchwood and SJA.

Goodo.

Advertisement