Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WEC 49 .. spoils

• 24-06-2010 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone catch this? 1st time in an age I've seen a draw on a big card, One judge called it Varner, the other Shalorus after having a point taken for kicking varner 3 times in the balls. then we have blind old Cecil who calls it 28-28 :eek:

Fight of the night (contender for the year) - Mark Hominick vs. Yves Jabouin, hunt down that one it was quality.

Full results
    Main card
    Lightweight bout: Jamie Varner vs. Kamal Shalorus
    Varner and Shalorus fought to a split draw (29-27, 27-29, 28-28). Shalorus had one point deducted for illegal kicks to the groin.

Featherweight bout: Mark Hominick vs. Yves Jabouin
    Hominick defeated Jabouin via TKO (strikes) at 3:21 of round 2.

Featherweight bout: Josh Grispi vs. LC Davis
    Grispi defeated Davis via technical submission (guillotine choke) at 2:33 of round 1.

Lightweight bout: Chris Horodecki vs Danny Downes
    Horodecki defeated Downes via submission (rear naked choke) at 1:09 of round 3.

Bantamweight bout: Eddie Wineland vs. Will Campuzano
    Wineland defeated Campuzano via TKO (strikes) at 4:44 of round 2.
    [edit]

Preliminary card
    Lightweight bout: Karen Darabedyan vs. Will Kerr
    Kerr defeated Darabedyan via submission (armbar) at 1:20 of round 1. This bout aired on the live broadcast following the Hominick vs. Jabouin fight.

Bantamweight bout: Wagnney Fabiano vs. Frank Gomez
    Fabiano defeated Gomez via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

Featherweight bout: Erik Koch vs. Bendy Casimir
    Koch defeated Casmir via submission (triangle choke) at 3:01 of round 1. This bout aired on the live broadcast following the Grispi vs. Davis fight.

Featherweight bout: Raphael Assunção vs. Diego Nunes
    Nunes defeated Assunção via split decision (30-27, 29-28, 28-29).

Bantamweight bout: Rafael Rebello vs. Chris Cariaso
    Cariaso defeated Rebello via unanimous decision (30-26, 29-28, 29-28).

Catchweight (142lbs) bout: Renan Barão vs. Anthony Leone
    Barao defeated Leone via submission (armbar) at 2:29 of round 3.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Heard the main event was contraversial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

For all the kicks to the balls I am surprised another point wasn't deducted. When I heard the name Cecil Peoples I thought "here we go" and Cecil delivered :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    For all the kicks to the balls I am surprised another point wasn't deducted. When I heard the name Cecil Peoples I thought "here we go" and Cecil delivered :(.

It's not as if they were taps either, he was caught square in the nuts with 2 of them, and Shalorus was not in the least bit put off kicking low.

Memory a little foggy , I enjoyed these fights with a 6 pack :p But didn't Ken Flo or the other commentator say they judges finally had monitors :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

+1 on the Hominick vs Yves Jaobain fight also impressed by Chris Horodecki's stand up very technical crisp combinations but lad he was fighting was on two days notice fair play to him. WEC just give exiciting cards and at the moment I'm experiencing greater excitement watching in comparison to UFC cards fell asleep the last 2 UFC's just getting bored.

Advertisement