Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi on HTC Smart?

Options
  • 24-06-2010 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

I guess my first problem was actually buying the damn thing. This phone disappointed the hell out of me. Oh well would have needed to wait months to save up for a Desire.... Guess it's not a terrible phone for €129 but the nerdy tech elitist in me is mortified.

Is it possible to even connect to a wifi network on a HTC Smart? All the specs seems to say so (depending which site you look at). I've read about Brew OS being very restrictive and that a lot of networks have disabled certain functions on the Smart. That and it would be nice to have an app store of some kind and not just a buggy Java environment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

Specs on GSM arena say no Wifi (WLAN):

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_smart-3080.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Diamonddec

No wifi unfortunately. I was looking at getting this PAYG from O2 here in the North a few weeks back. They are selling it for £90, but the sales assistant confirmed no wifi, so I didn't bother... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

Bah! Anyone know if there's even any hope of an app store. The Brew platform is not technically new but in its current incarnation as a full blown OS it is quite a newcomer to the market so I'd expect it to be slow on the updates/apps front until it's better established in the market. Just be nice to have a inkling of when that might be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Diamonddec

Bah! Anyone know if there's even any hope of an app store. The Brew platform is not technically new but in its current incarnation as a full blown OS it is quite a newcomer to the market so I'd expect it to be slow on the updates/apps front until it's better established in the market. Just be nice to have a inkling of when that might be.

Doesn't look like it for this phone.... see here

Advertisement