Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pet hate

• 24-06-2010 1:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Ok guys when are we in ireland going to get a web site that caters for eire bikers where you can look up a part see a price and order same.
    From cork went to local dealer bout cable 3 days ago still no call no price go to wemoto alls there.
    so much for keepin buss in ireland bitch over ta zzr.:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭zzr

doh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I have read and reread that post OP and I'm still no better off.

Hopefully you're sleeping off whatever you had to drink last night and will come back to explain.

Until then I'm locking this thread.

Edit - My post count kicks ass :D

ok i will try vveeeerrryyyyyy slowwwwllllyyy againnn
    give me one IRISH run web site where if i want a part [with me so far]
    i can look up the part see the price and order it just like wemoto
    hope this clears its up thanking yous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

zzr wrote: »

Economies of scale, etc

The market in Ireland is too small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Thread fail.. I thought we could vent our spleens on what our biking pet hate's are!..

Anyway, mine is guys wearing knee sliders which will, failing a fall, never see tarmac.

• Advertisement

ya pc 4 mill in eire 52 mil in gb spot on :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Crossans. Order anything over the phone, if it costs more than €50 they post it for free. Brilliant service, all makes of parts supplied, nice to deal with, plenty of stock.

Want me to blow on your tea for you?

'cptr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Have you tried Allmoto.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I would agree, Crossons or Ebay for bits, anything that is organized in Ireland will inevitably become a "rip off" and it will be back to sq 1 again ordering from across the border / water.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I've read both posts and I'm still none the wiser as to what this guy is trying to articulate

• Advertisement

Chr**st lads how hard can it be.
    Zascar has an 1998 cbr 600 his clutch cable breaks he looks up a gb web site puts in the details up comes a price (stg) post etc.
    MY POINT IS why cant i look up the same part on an irish web site without having to ring.
    All of this information should be on hand on the www.ie.
    It would seem as one reply said there is not enough bikers in this country (ireland) to justify stocking bike parts and if you dont understand now then:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Ok guys when are we in ireland going to get a web site that caters for eire bikers where you can look up a part see a price and order same.
    From cork went to local dealer bout cable 3 days ago still no call no price go to wemoto alls there.
    so much for keepin buss in ireland bitch over ta zzr.:eek:
    doh
    ya pc 4 mill in eire 52 mil in gb spot on :cool:
    Zascar has an 1998 cbr 600 his clutch cable breaks he looks up a gb web site puts in the details up comes a price (stg) post etc.
    MY POINT IS why cant i look up the same part on an irish web site without having to ring.
    It would seem as one reply said there is not enough bikers in this country (ireland) to justify stocking bike parts and if you dont understand now then:mad:

I tried Babelfish but no luck.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

OK, let me try to give this a go...
    Hey lads, Can anyone tel me why there are no decent Irish based websites with online shops that you can order parts from? In the UK etc you have great sits like www.weemoto.com where you can look up thousands of parts for your specific bike, get a price and order straight from the site. Any time I try to find something on Irish sites its almost impossible to simply get a price on the part, you usually have to call them. I would prefer to keep my business with an Irish company but it seems due to the lack of decent online businesses I'm pretty much forced to buy in the UK. Why is this?

These days it is so easy to buy from the UK - there is not much point in someone setting up an Irish site. Most stuff is often more expensive in Ireland anyway, few people are prepared to pay a premium to buy off an Irish site - when they are just buying from a UK distributor anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I tried Babelfish but no luck.

Sure - he is only a young fella.

Leave him be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

You've touched on it in the second half of your post: cost. The biking population of this country can't support the shops it has, let alone a website (which is, in fact, big bucks to operate and manage..........)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

hey za cuddlesvort vou should try zee vanking sistem a good van vorks vonders i go for zee rerrl thing

well said galwaytt in tune:)

hey pc had more bikes than u han vanks you tolkin trew u hollacks good by every one guess im out now you are reduced from eleven members to ten:):D

oh and interspector vonce vou dond blow antin else dats kool:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I'll have one of whatever zzr is drinking :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

hey za cuddlesvort vou should try zee vanking sistem a good van vorks vonders i go for zee rerrl thing
    well said galwaytt in tune:)
    hey pc had more bikes than u han vanks you tolkin trew u hollacks good by every one guess im out now you are reduced from eleven members to ten:):D

Ok, seriously wtf? Ranking system in a good van works wonders while he goes for the real thing? His pc has had more bikes then you have had yanks , you have been talking through your hollocks, everybody is good, he is out, we are from eleven to ten. And interspector doesnt blow anti

This thread is hurting my brain. Unless it starts making sense very soon its going bye bye.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

KTRIC wrote: »
    This thread is hurting my brain. Unless it starts making sense very soon its going bye bye.

So's your face

Kamikazi banned for being cheeky.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement