Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Germany V England

• 24-06-2010 2:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭

Right. In early with this as Ladbrokes are marginally better on the Germans to get through this game than the other high street shops.

Think that the game is up for England here. While their result today in qualifying for the 2nd round was decent, they still didn't impress me at all. Rooney in particular looks like he is carrying an injury.

Germans were robbed in the Serbia game by the referee and I thought they did well against a tidy looking Ghana side today.

Germany to progress. 2.0 on Ladbrokes. So that includes extra time and pennos.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I think England will beat them and are a huge price @ 17/10 with Will Hill. I'll be having a nice bit on them. Regardless of how crap they have been this will be a whole different story. The despise the Germans! They'll raise their game like no tomorrow and beat them.

Or else they'll get hammered and I'll lose all my money. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭cantgetright

just done england to win win cup, money back if they go out on peno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

couldnt back england after there last 3 matches! theyve been hopeless. I priced germany at around even money so i was delighted to see 15/8 available about them!! but my money will probably go on germany to qualify if i can get evens about that. Germany were very impressive in their first 2 games, even if they lost their second one, the way they battled with 10 men was impressive. They werent so impressive against ghana but they ground out a result against a team which were defensively very well organised.

And well eamon dunphy says they wont win the world cup so going by that id lump on germany to win outright:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Id be backing england here (except i couldn't be bother backing football), Player by Player they are a better team and there was a vast improvement yesterday, apart from putting away chances.. i might have a punt at a longer shot on 2-0 and 3-0.. 2-0 14 on betfair 3-0 40..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

aidankkk wrote: »
    there was a vast improvement yesterday

yeah defoe's shin guard should have been MOM.....I must have been watching a different match to you cause I thought they were cack again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭jacool

Id be backing england here (except i couldn't be bother backing football), Player by Player they are a better team and there was a vast improvement yesterday, apart from putting away chances.. i might have a punt at a longer shot on 2-0 and 3-0.. 2-0 14 on betfair 3-0 40..
    excuse me !
    No England midfielders have out-performed Ozil and Schweinsteiger so that bursts that argument. I'd also have Germany's two central defenders over the English pairing of Terry and A.N.Other and Lahm is better than either Cole or Johnson. It'll be close, tense and Germany may well win on penalties, but 2-0 and 3-0 are dreams. I'll be laying them on betfair myself !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

Disagree strongly. Maybe SOME are for their clubs but not for their country. I'd have Scheinsteiger, Oezil, Podolski and Muellar over England's midfield. Klose and Cacau against Rooney and Defoe/Heskey, I'd have to side with the germans again. Possibly England have the better defence on paper but they've looked far from safe so far, I'd have to doubt Terry and Carragher in the centre. (And Lahm v Johnson? :D)

Germans definite favourites in my book. 15/8 to win in 90 looks excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

I would be waiting for team news with regards to the Germans to see if schwienstieger is actually fit as he is their pivotal man in midfield for creating and starting up German attacks. I think if he doesn't play then the match is 50-50 in my book as England do have a lot of quality in their team, they just can't play against sides who park the bus.

Oops, going back in my box now:rolleyes:..

More gut feeling that they might just perform against the Germans.. Really would only have Lamb and Ozil and Schweinsteiger so id have to agree there..

Anyway i wont be backing Football, so this match is a question of who i like to loose more...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I can't see any other result than a German win. Especially if Schweinsteiger is fit. Germany have inpressed in every game so far. They were extremely unlucky in the Serbia game and last night was their first time playing at altitude. Even still they produced a good performance, got the goal and sat on it. I thought Ghana played really well last night and only for the German defense they could have won.

England on the other hand have done nothing for me. Even yesterday i thought they were bad. Slovenia just made them look good. If that was against a slightly better team England would be home today. If they manage to beat Germany i will be truely shocked.

Straight German win for me at 2.75. Don't think extra time will be needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I just layed England @ 2.83 on Betfair. How they are favs for this match is beyond me. Too many people buying into the Tabloid hype again? England are simply awful and once they meet any good team (ala Germany) they are gone. Bye Bye England and good riddance to a crap side that cant put 3 passes together. One of the bets of the year - Lay England with whatever u have. They are crap and apart from the braindead Sky Sports PL fanboys the world can see this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭jacool

Oops, going back in my box now:rolleyes:..
    no need !
    its all about discussion and you may well be proven correct. then we'll all be eating humble pie!! based on the games so far, and ignoring the red tops, the laying of england seems the way to go for me.
    i may qualify this by saying i am 11/12 in bets in the world cup - sadly that's 11 losing bets against 1 winning !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

it amazes me too that england are favourites to win this one

what does worry me though is that ghana had a few decent chances
    to put germany away so i think england will definitely have chances
    to score.
    I think it might be a draw in 90mins and after that...ive no idea

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Ditto. Draw after full time, 1-1 probably then.......... if it's penalties, Germany FTW!

Germany -1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Anyway i wont be backing Football, so this match is a question of who i like to loose more...
    you do realise your in the gambling forum. soccer forum is thatta way>>>>>>>>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Juwwi

germany should be 1/2 to qualify lmo.

1/1 is a steel l will be going big on this.

this is a england team who could'nt beat usa or algeria and barely beat slovenia l just cant see how they will beat germany.

unless he picks joe cole and plays 5 in midfield might be there only chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭dunno?

Betpack special, England to lose on penaltys 9/1 :p

Just noticed that Germany are outsiders @ 2/1 for this.

I'll be having some of that :)

Only going with 2 bets.

One will be 1-1 with Rooney 1st goalscorer.

The other.. I have no clue yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

mailburner wrote: »
    it amazes me too that england are favourites to win this one

what does worry me though is that ghana had a few decent chances
    to put germany away so i think england will definitely have chances
    to score.
    I think it might be a draw in 90mins and after that...ive no idea

Its the weight of money. There are a good few bookies that actually fancy England aswell though, Bet365s rep said he fancied England. But on the whole, its the weight of the money, remember these are mostly English bookmakers and its mostly English that use them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Im finding it hard to seperate them, Germany aren't great and neither are England so far, but i would think England can improve and maybe with Klose back Germany can too, if England play to their ability they should win easy imo.

Klose looks a massive price to score anytime @ 11/4

well spotted, he will be all over any mistakes at the back, i could actually see Terry pulling him down in the box too so might have a sneaky punt on JT to get sent off @ 20/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

Nulty wrote: »
    Agree, huge considering Rooney is only 2/1, should be the other way around IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

A few bets for this game:
    €1 Ozil AT Scorer
    €1 2-1 Germany
    €2 0-0
    €3 Germany/Argentina(-1.0) double
    €1 Ozil MOTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Germany to win on penalties at 17/2

will do a single, and also a double with Argentina to beat Mexico in extra time

€5 Double
    2-1 Germany & 2-0 Argentina @ 66/1

€15
    Both teams to score @ 11-10

€5
    Klose Anytime Scorer @ 11/4

And yes, I hate money :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭dan de man

cant understand why people think that england are magically going to turn into the world class crack outfit the media are leading us to believe they are,ffs lads we are brainwashed by the british propaganda ****,in ireland we read english newspapers,watch english television and follow english teams(not everyone but most),even with the history between us,so we end up folllowing them whether we like it or not.
    how anyone that has watched their 1st 3 games beleives they are going to turn into brazil now is beyond me,they are average at best,and i hope and expect that germany who have played some great stuff,and will want it as much as england(bulldog spirit my hole) bate the ****e of them
    germany to progess.e300 @ evs
    viel gluck germany

• Advertisement

l agree with what he says ^^^^^^^^

The media are Englands biggest enemy in the world cup so far, they arent building them up at all, they are slaughtering them for their poor performances from all ive read anyway.

Yeah but I reckon they'll get a goal...the first two last 16 games have been very open and when one team goes behind the other invites them on and they have a go...I think there will be goals. If Defoe starts there will be a goal for England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Germany to qualify @ evens looks the bet with a small nibble on Klose to score first @ 7's and maybe Klose/1-0 @ 33-1.

look,the english media is famous for building up their sportsmen/women and then knocking them back down again usually by means of a tabloid exclusive ala john terry,ashley cole.lawrence dallaglio.the managers arent safe either,sven goran ericsson or some bullsh**t about glen hoddle and faith healers in the england set up..
    yet they expect them to win the f*****g thing every time it comes around,boll***s,anyone of the other 15 teams are a match for them,and if by chance they get past germany and get knocked out by argentina/mexico focus will turn to to fact that they knocked out the old enemy.
    what is missing from the england camp is team spirit,plain and simple,the talent is there(for a lot of them anyway)but as soon as they hit their respective first teams,their egos as well as their pay packets go through the roof, its just not possible to have a genuine spirit in the camp

I agree with ya man, i cant see them winning it, but i can see them winning tomorrow, they can play alot better than the 3 games they've played so far and if they play to that potential they will be too much for that german team is what im saying.

• Advertisement

ya,prob 4-0 to england,ill have to burst the tv:D..god help us if they win the thing :rolleyes:

lol true, bad enough they're still on about the one they won 44 years ago.

then again we still talk about Italia 90 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

Here's my bets for this game :

€10 Germany to qualify @ 9/10

€20 Klose anytime goalscorer 11/4

Good luck.

Went for England to win 2-0 at 14 and 3-0 at 40 on betfair, i like my longshots..

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mark_09

Hi Guys

Thinking of doing a 100 double on Germany and Argentina?? whats yea think i dont think england will be a match for germany today but the way the world cup is going im not sure:confused: any advise??

• Advertisement

Good call on Klose AT scorer lads.

That bet is as low as 13/8 with some bookies.

It's trading at 4.1 on betfair.

Podalski is 4.7 for the same bet. He's the pen taker, although he did miss one!

Germany are now 11/5 on bf to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

My only bet today.€50 on Germany to win in 90 mins.

Nulty wrote: »

^

My only single. €10.00

Have an Acc with Poldolski anytime Brazil, Argentina and Holland to win as well.
    €3.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Germany (+1), Evens. Great bet.

Why are England favourites here, is it a burst of patriotic bets in Engerland ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

There have been 4 world cup meetings between England and Germany.

All 4 have ended level after 90 minutes.

1 was a group game. Of the 3 knockout games 2 have gone to penalties.

This is a difficult game to call and history would suggest either a draw or a very narrow victory.

Fishyfreak wrote: »

that must be the corner h/cap u are looking at or something because germany are 4/9 +1 goal

Fishyfreak wrote: »

Where you getting those odds??

And yes to your question, no doubt.

Germany are on the drift. Now 3.3 on bf

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bookie basher

germany to qualify at 2.2 on betfair is a great price, its like making cork favourites to beat kerry in croke park:D, it will probably drift even further when the heavyweights start piling in close to 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Good call on Klose AT scorer lads.

That bet is as low as 13/8 with some bookies.

It's trading at 4.1 on betfair.

Podalski is 4.7 for the same bet. He's the pen taker, although he did miss one!

Schweinsteiger taking them from now on I believe:
    http://germanfootballteam.com/2010/06/schweinsteiger-to-take-penalties-after-podolski-miss/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Germany are 11/10 with BET365 for DNB.
    Excellent value if you ask me, however, that's just for the 90 minutes right?

• Advertisement
Advertisement