Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zafira scared the living **** out of me today

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

vectra wrote: »
    And of all the poster here that said he was wrong, You picked on mine and accuse me of keyboard "warriorism"

Take a good long look in the mirror I say. :rolleyes:
    Let's get back on topic, both of you.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Anan1 wrote: »
    Let's get back on topic, both of you.:)

Yes boss :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

I know that stretch of road, the slow lane appears a bit futher on from the bridge, it doesent just appear you can see it well before you get to it, its plenty long enough to overtake a slow moving vehicle if the slow vehicle is in THE LEFT LANE.
    The other driver was aggresive but you were certainly in the wrong when you drove up that hill in the right lane.Anyone that uses that road reguraly knows there are very few spots to overtake and that guy expected to overtake you on the hill after the bridge, his driving was bad but I think yours was also bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

OP, I have been in your situation before.
    I have thought in the past, "oh well I'm not moving because they shouldn't be going so fast anyway" but one time, someone did the same to me while I was trying to get somewhere urgently. I never did it to anyone else again.

As other posters have said, you never know why someone needs to go at that speed, and it's not your responsibility to stop them. If they want to end up in a ditch, let them. You're much safer behind them than you are in front of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

el dude wrote: »
    A tale of two nobs really.

i see only one... :rolleyes:

1272283613555.jpg

right, can moderator lock the thread. there is no point of it anymore as i just finded out amazing thing:

If you got someone not letting you pass, then you can get away with murder!

zafira driver just coused an accsident driving extremly dangerous, but all you can say: "you should have moved left".

After this tthread i really feel sorry, and i should really find zafira driver and ask him to forgive me. As he had every single right to do what he did, becouse i did the worst thing, that you can ever do on the road " not moving to the left ".

i know the feeling of someone not moving to the left, and it does piss off, but you make it look that he did the right thing!

Lock her up please, or ill just delete all my post and make a mess anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Tinker13

mickdw wrote: »
    As soon as this 2 lane section of road appeared, Zafira expects OP to pull over as is reasonable to expect. When this doesnt happen very quickly, Zafira goes left to demonstrate appropriate action still hoping that OP will go left. QUOTE]

Probably didn't happen as reasonably as this. Zafira probably dived into left lane, OP spots him and... game on...

From years of driving I've been in many road rage incidents. Usually ends up in a no-win situation and heightened blood pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

I always try to overtake while sticking to between 100-110km/h on the N7, many times I've overtaken a car for it to end up on my rear bumper obviously looking to overtake me again.

Every time, I stick to the left of the road, and when safe, pull into the hard shoulder.
    Every single time - after all, it's what I'd want the person in front to do.

I've also had idiots speed up as I drew level overtaking them(which is serious business when your car does 0-60 in 13 seconds!), imo thats one of the most dangerous things you can do on a road - you force someone into either hammering on the brakes while on the wrong side of the road, or accelerating to way over the speed limit to try get by.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

This thread makes a lot of sence with the OP's beautifully snipped post... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

FearDark wrote: »
    This thread makes a lot of sence with the OP's beautifully snipped post... :rolleyes:
    Yup, forgot to say - it's incredibly immature to change the title and remove your own posts because people disagree with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Tragedy wrote: »
    Yup, forgot to say - it's incredibly immature to change the title and remove your own posts because people disagree with you.

Yes it is.

Thread restored.

OP that is completely taking the piss. You don't get to decide when this thread gets locked. And purposely derailing the thread by deleting all your posts because people disagree is downright childish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭freighter

That left lane is clearly visible after going around the bridge. I always keep as far left as possible going up there and in fact i ease of a bit if there is a few cars behind me because its the last overtaking oppurtunity before mallow.

I think the zafira driver was aggresive buy why wouldnt you just leave him off and he would be happy. I also think from reading your posts that you have an attitude problem. It takes two to tango and this is what causes accidents. Your as much to blame as him. Do you understand.:)

If you see a car coming up your arse leave him off. Keep in or give him/her the left indicator to pass. It only takes a second. God knows what their emergency is but you have absolutley no right to stop them.

I'm shocked. Up until now, I thought the OP was incredibly grown-up and mature, what with his road games with people driving mammywagons. He was nearly like a modern-day Julian from the Famous Five!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

Yes it is.

Thread restored.

OP that is completely taking the piss. You don't get to decide when this thread gets locked. And purposely derailing the thread by deleting all your posts because people disagree is downright childish.

I dont know, three pages of several people telling him he should of kept left is a bit much. Im sure he gets the point but is not likely to admit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭robdsherlock

imo the zafeira should not have drivin like that in the first place!! if it was the other way around you'd be guarenteed to be reported coz of your car, imo you were in the right even tho you were in the right hand lane simply because you got up too speed limit quickly,i dont know the road but two lanes are there for slower drivers to pull in and let the traffic flow not for people who are doing the speed limit to pull in, and the person behind should be obaying the speed limit too, its not there for you to speed, simple as. and yes i have speeded in these b4 someone comes in and says bla bla bla, we all have....

• Advertisement

right... i am just sick of boards.ie to be honest, its just like a troll fest now.

If i would be stuck behind zafira doing 50km on 100km road, i would be called tailagtor here. There were so many discussions about tailgating...

but hey someone tailgated the living jesus out of me, and i am getting the blame for it...

Seriuosly guys? All i can see, that this place has much more trolls against people who dont drive some **** box out of the mill...

I made this thread, i should be able to delete my messages aswell. Wasnt that the freadom of speech? the only reason moderators are keeping it, so more people can jump in on the " you should get away to left lane"

i admitted that i could act differently, but people just cant get enought... its still so amazing how people just make me look worse by not letting the tailgater to pass, when he allmoust killed bouth of us!!! I am seriuosly getting shocked by this place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

right... i am just sick of boards.ie to be honest, its just like a troll fest now.

If i would be stuck behind zafira doing 50km on 100km road, i would be called tailagtor here. There were so many discussions about tailgating...

but hey someone tailgated the living jesus out of me, and i am getting the blame for it...

Seriuosly guys? All i can see, that this place has much more trolls against people who dont drive some **** box out of the mill...

I made this thread, i should be able to delete my messages aswell. Wasnt that the freadom of speech? the only reason moderators are keeping it, so more people can jump in on the " you should get away to left lane"

i admitted that i could act differently, but people just cant get enought... its still so amazing how people just make me look worse by not letting the tailgater to pass, when he allmoust killed bouth of us!!! I am seriuosly getting shocked by this place!

I drive every day man, my ego is out the window when I drive, if someone is driving a like a feckin knob behind me, then i leave them pass. Thats the safe thing to do, going faster doesn't fix it.

It doesn't matter what you drive or how you feel, your a road user. Your all driving heavy metal boxes. If your concerned for you and your passengers safety then just let the danger pass you by in a safe manner and don't try to outrun it (seriously .. did 220 km/h one day past a fella in a VW Touran, only to meet the same fella 20 minutes later in a traffic jam)

Don't get upset, I know boards can be a cruel mistress but its the internet, your going to get good and bad opinions (sometimes more bad than good) but don't take it personally.

people dissagre with me? Damn, i really did mistake by posting it up here, thought people will understand me... i was to tired and wasnt thinking clearly.

So basicly you do state that in all this situation it was MY fault, becouse i provoked zafira driver to go wreckless? Shouldnt he be keeping distance, not speed?

If zafira would have posted that now and said that skyline was sitting on her arse, then jesus ******* crist!!! Skyline driver would be the biggest ******* on the planet earth!!!

I drive every day man, my ego is out the window when I drive, if someone is driving a like a feckin knob behind me, then i leave them pass. Thats the safe thing to do, going faster doesn't fix it.

It doesn't matter what you drive or how you feel, your a road user. Your all driving heavy metal boxes. If your concerned for you and your passengers safety then just let the danger pass you by in a safe manner and don't try to outrun it (seriously .. did 220 km/h one day past a fella in a VW Touran, only to meet the same fella 20 minutes later in a traffic jam)

Don't get upset, I know boards can be a cruel mistress but its the internet, your going to get good and bad opinions (sometimes more bad than good) but don't take it personally.

i know what you trying to say m8. Its internet.... i admitted in a good few posts that i could resolve it differently and next time ill just let lunatic to pass, but even after that 90% just jumped on the wagon, that i was wrong in all this situation, and didnt even noticed that zafira allmoust killed bouth of us!

sorry, but i just dont have patient with this.

I made this thread, i should be able to delete my messages aswell. Wasnt that the freadom of speech?

Where did you hear that there is freedom of speech on Boards?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Magenta wrote: »
    Where did you hear that there is freedom of speech on Boards?

There isn't, nor of opinion nor anything funny nor anything that goes vaguely off topic or slightly upsets one of the mods

OP I feel sorry for you here in fact. I've had this before and it is very easy for people to tell you that you acted the arse and should of let him pass.

Firstly you didn't pull in to the left lane but is that not a climbing lane if I remember correctly?

Secondly people here are telling you to drive on the hard shoulder and let the Zafira pass? Isn't that illegal?

Thirdly The Zafira could of been rushing for some sort of emergency. I've done similar before and flashed people and in hind sight it was wrong and illegal to tailgate and speed and drive in a dangerous manner.

OP your not their to police the roads but neither are you there to be bullied. I would of taken the reg plate and called the Gardaí. in hindsight you could of let him pass but why the hell should you, if he wants to overtake let him do that rather than going up your hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭shogunpower

op you seem to have a problem with other poster's with different opinions, you seem to get annoyed go into a defense mode and end up replying "meh" to annoy everyone.

please grow up a little....

also you have repeatedly said the other driver nearly KILLED both of you, if he didn't cause you to swerve causing tire squeal or bump into you he didn't almost kill you.

op you seem to have a problem with other poster's with different opinions, you seem to get annoyed go into a defense mode and end up replying "meh" to annoy everyone.

please grow up a little....

also you have repeatedly said the other driver nearly KILLED both of you, if he didn't cause you to swerve causing tire squeal or bump into you he didn't almost kill you.

hmmm i preseume i better come back here next time, using my phone in hospital then.

i dont have problems with different opinions, but some stuff people are saying is just seriuosly wrong...

All that i can see here lately: people not expresing opinions, but trolling at its finest. Moderators, who think that they are gods.

Now if i was granted permition to make a thread, i got permition to edit it, so i can edit it by any way i whant. If moderator does not like it, only thing he can do is lock it up or warn/ban user. The thing moderator did ( bringing deleted thread and messages) was totally wrong. In that case moderators should remove option to edit mmessages. I dont think that was childish what i did, i just sow where is it going, i did not whanted more **** stiring, as i reallly gave up on motors community.

I am not making attack agaisnt all members, in fact there are some really interesting and helpfull people here, but number of trolls that settling in here is just unreal!

Now if i was granted permition to make a thread, i got permition to edit it, so i can edit it by any way i whant.

You are not a moderator. You made a thread, congratulations.
    If moderator does not like it, only thing he can do is lock it up or warn/ban user. The thing moderator did ( bringing deleted thread and messages) was totally wrong. In that case moderators should remove option to edit mmessages.

No, mods are also allowed to edit threads, for example removing company names in case of libel, etc, or whatever needs doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

I know that stretch of road, the slow lane appears a bit futher on from the bridge, it doesent just appear you can see it well before you get to it, its plenty long enough to overtake a slow moving vehicle if the slow vehicle is in THE LEFT LANE.
    The other driver was aggresive but you were certainly in the wrong when you drove up that hill in the right lane.Anyone that uses that road reguraly knows there are very few spots to overtake and that guy expected to overtake you on the hill after the bridge, his driving was bad but I think yours was also bad.

yes you are spot on , I know that bit well.I can imagine anyone would be well pissed off with someone not moving to the slow lane up a steep hill where there is plenty of time to overtake three or four slower vehicles.
    The Golden Rule IMHO is if someone want s to pass you, let them off...at the very least they might find the speed trap ahead that would have caught you!

Magenta who put you in charge to tell Shadow Heart how its going to be??

The points he made are valid although I don't agree with deleting threads either. He did get a lot of rubbish posted from all the folks who ride around on their high horses, "Can you hear me up there Magenta?"

corktina wrote: »
    anyone would be well pissed off with someone not moving to the slow lane up a steep hill where there is plenty of time to overtake three or four slower vehicles.

Its a climbing lane and if I'm not mistaken its for slow moving vehicles with a heavy load only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Its a climbing lane and if I'm not mistaken its for slow moving vehicles with a heavy load only

Really? I mean REALLY?!

There's ads on tv regularly, rules of the road, signage to indicate keeping left and you still think this?

Im amazed there's people out there that still think and drive like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

i think you should take some time off to reflect on things, if ya can't stick the heat don't where a coat.

just a suggestion....

nope its for slowER vehicles to use to allow fastER vehiocles to pass.... It amazes me too that people can think like this and drive like it...left most available lane...why would you want to do anything else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

imo the zafeira should not have drivin like that in the first place!!

1. Zafira driver should not have driven the way he did.
    2. ShadowHearth should not have provoked the driver
    3. ShadowHearth should have pulled in to the left.
    4. Neither driver drove well at all in this situation

That's all there is to it.

i dont know the road but two lanes are there for slower drivers to pull in and let the traffic flow not for people who are doing the speed limit to pull in,

No, no, no and no again! You should ALWAYS be in the left lane UNLESS you are overtaking or there is an obstruction in that lane, regardless of what speed you are doing.
    and the person behind should be obaying the speed limit too,
    Yes but if they aren't it's not up to other drivers to enforce that speed limit. I had the pleasure of seeing police in England pull in a driver doing this and giving the offending driver a ticket :)
    its not there for you to speed, simple as. and yes i have speeded in these b4 someone comes in and says bla bla bla, we all have....
    We sure have, well most of us have anyway and while it's not there to speed in, people will and as has been said already ShadowHearth should have been in the left lane, end of story.

nope its for slowER vehicles to use to allow fastER vehiocles to pass.... It amazes me too that people can think like this and drive like it...left most available lane...why would you want to do anything else?

Your the one who is confused.

There is the left hand lane for driving and the right hand lane for overtaking which is called a dual carriageway.

A CLIMBING LANE is not a normal driving lane and as such should only be used by drivers who are using slow moving vehicles and towing heavy loads.

As they are generally short and end suddenly they shouldn't be used by normal traffic. For reference check the CLIMBING LANE on the N7 north bound on the Nenagh side of Toomevara.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Forgetting about climbing lanes for a minute.
    On a dual carriage way/Motorway(2 or 3 lanes), keep left is the number one rule. There is the driving lane, the left most lane, and the overtaking lane(s), any lane to the right.
    It's not a slow lane, and it's not a fast lane, that's what leads to the confusion. People think, "hey i want to go fast, it's time for the fast lane".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

How about pointing NGA at this thread and get a "Professional" opinion :D

Magenta who put you in charge to tell Shadow Heart how its going to be??

The points he made are valid although I don't agree with deleting threads either. He did get a lot of rubbish posted from all the folks who ride around on their high horses, "Can you hear me up there Magenta?"

Probably the same person who put you in charge of telling me how it's going to be. :rolleyes:

But you are...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Now if i was granted permition to make a thread, i got permition to edit it, so i can edit it by any way i whant. If moderator does not like it, only thing he can do is lock it up or warn/ban user. The thing moderator did ( bringing deleted thread and messages) was totally wrong. In that case moderators should remove option to edit mmessages.
    This is the second time i've had to warn you about questioning moderation on-thread. If you have a problem with moderation then PM the mod in question. If you're not happy with their response then you can bring it to the attention of a category mod. If you're still unhappy then you can start a thread in the Help Desk, where the admins will review the matter for you. Bringing it up here serves only to drag this thread off-topic, and any further instances will result in a ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

There's only one troll in this thread.

Your the one who is confused.

There is the left hand lane for driving and the right hand lane for overtaking which is called a dual carriageway.

A CLIMBING LANE is not a normal driving lane and as such should only be used by drivers who are using slow moving vehicles and towing heavy loads.

As they are generally short and end suddenly they shouldn't be used by normal traffic. For reference check the CLIMBING LANE on the N7 north bound on the Nenagh side of Toomevara.

we're talking about the one south of Kildorrey which is there for slower vehicles to move out of the way for faster ones...the degree of slowness is not specified, if someone wishes to pass you should move to the left.

Magenta wrote: »
    Probably the same person who put you in charge of telling me how it's going to be. :rolleyes:

Throll ;)

What a stupid response to what I said, be a back seat mod if you wish I was just pointing out you were doing it

As for climbing lanes I'm not incorrect if you had the brains to read the post correctly you would of seen I'm not talking about dual carriageways or overtaking lanes.

• Advertisement

if someone wishes to pass you should move to the left.

Even onto a hard shoulder?

well I didnt say that but seeing as you raised it, I beleive the rules of the road do say you MAY IF YOU WISH pull over to the hard shoulder to allow others to pass.... otherwise the rule of the road is to use the left-most available lane and that includes climbing lanes.

well I didnt say that but seeing as you raised it, I beleive the rules of the road do say you MAY IF YOU WISH pull over to the hard shoulder to allow others to pass.... otherwise the rule of the road is to use the left-most available lane and that includes climbing lanes.
    ;)

I'm leaving this thread now as its clearly full of bollocks

goodo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Ha, this certainly backfired on the OP :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Corktina is right , ..... taken directly off RSA website
    This road contains a hard shoulder, which is normally only for pedestrians and cyclists. If a driver wants to allow a vehicle behind them to overtake, they may pull in to the hard shoulder briefly as long as no pedestrians or cyclists are already using it and no junctions or entrances are nearby.
    http://www.rulesoftheroad.ie/rules-for-driving/traffic-signs-road-markings/road-markings.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

As for climbing lanes I'm not incorrect if you had the brains to read the post correctly you would of seen I'm not talking about dual carriageways or overtaking lanes.

You are completely wrong.

The same rule applies to climbing lanes as well, stay left unless your overtaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

all drivers get annoyed at some time, all drivers commit some form of road rage and all drivers experience some form of road rage. if clearly you are still annoyed several hours later then report the offending mpv to the traffic watch line and let the gardai deal with it. just remember if you report it be prepared to go to court as the gardai cannot deal with the offender otherwise.

draffodx wrote: »
    You are completely wrong.

The same rule applies to climbing lanes as well, stay left unless your overtaking.

Just incase anyone thinks your completely right:
    You must not drive on any part of the motorway that is not a
    carriageway; for example a hard shoulder, except in case of emergency.

As for saying that its ok to drive in a climbing lane, unless you can find where it say's that I'd advise you to stop handing out advice that could land someone in an awkward situation if they are unlucky enough to have an accident

you back again?, how many people need to tell you before you believe them?

Noone suggested DRIVING along the hard shoulder, they suggested a bit of courtesy and pulling over briefly when it safe to do so and that bit you quote is about Motorways...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I don't think motorway hard shoulders were involved in this case.

Full quote from w/site

This road contains a hard shoulder, which is normally only for pedestrians and cyclists. If a driver wants to allow a vehicle behind them to overtake, they may pull in to the hard shoulder briefly as long as no pedestrians or cyclists are already using it and no junctions or entrances are nearby. Different rules exist for hard shoulders on motorways. See Motorways section for details.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement