Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zafira scared the living **** out of me today

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Just incase anyone thinks your completely right:

As for saying that its ok to drive in a climbing lane, unless you can find where it say's that I'd advise you to stop handing out advice that could land someone in an awkward situation if they are unlucky enough to have an accident

I'm sure you are right and all the rest of us are wrong :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

@ Corktina, Its a long way down from your high horse Cortina don't forget that.

I had left it until the mods etc decided to pass on some half arsed attempt at correct information.

I'm sorry if you feel the need to throll at this stage and encourage the topic further off.

@David, your correct motorways weren't in discussion however i wanted to clarify to the mod that not ALL hard shoulders were ok to drive in as it was being portrayed in an attempt to further their ego and high standing.

@ROR, hardly a useful contribution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Just incase anyone thinks your completely right:

As for saying that its ok to drive in a climbing lane, unless you can find where it say's that I'd advise you to stop handing out advice that could land someone in an awkward situation if they are unlucky enough to have an accident

The piece you quoted has nothing to do with what I said?

And I never handed out advise.

The only way anyone could land themselves in an awkward situation by driving properly in a climbing lane is if they are terrible drivers, hardly anything I can do about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

Its a shame the Zafria driver isnt a boards user, would love to hear his side of the story, seems a few people are getting personal here now, amazing how someones driving experience can upset so many people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

you know how this thread now looks from the side? You would let someone to get away with murder, just becouse someone didnt moved to slow lane.

You discussing allmoust 10 pages how i could have moved to the left, even if i was fast enought and doing a speed limit.

No one even talked about how many dangerous moves did zafira driver, including the main thing: that he started a tailgating...

i is amazing lads, fair play to ya.
    1277317543820.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

You discussing allmoust 10 pages how i could have moved to the left, even if i was fast enought and doing a speed limit.

Fast enough for what???

You don't get to police other road users' speed, GET OUT OF THE WAY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Shadowhearth at the end of the day all you can do is control your own actions, you cant control the behaviour of the vectra driver and if you had left your ego behind and adopted a bit of common sense could have made a stressful journey a lot easier for yourself.

Its clear you enjoyed badgering the vectra driver and while he was in the wrong for making a bad overtaking manouvre you are equally responsible for not showing the curtousy to facilitate another road user who wished to make more progress especially at night where is the potential to make decent progress on roads and being held up by a single ignorant driver is all the more frustrating.

@John984 - The rules of the road in keeping left apply for motorways/dualcarriageways/slow lanes/climbing lanes/tiddlywinks. They are all governed by the same basic rule, KEEP LEFT!

Seriously man if you learn one thing from this thread its this fact, its your ego and the subsequent need to justify your actions in potentially holding others up that annoys me. Its the good old Irish mentality of "sure im doing the speed limit" or "the left lane is just a climbing lane, im not moving over for anyone". Its nowhere else in the world to be found but here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

@ROR, hardly a useful contribution

Hi Pot. Have you met Kettle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

testicle wrote: »
    Hi Pot. Have you met Kettle?

Thanks for that frying pan :rolleyes:

BTW Testicle it appears everyone else is leaving things lie now and thats probably for the best.

I for one stand corrected however I was only working on how I was told to use a climbing lane all those years ago when I was learning.

As for all those who felt the need to broadcast how great their own driving skills are I'm no longer commenting on that as its difficult for them to hear while their head is up their own backsides

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

@ Corktina, Its a long way down from your high horse Cortina don't forget that.

I had left it until the mods etc decided to pass on some half arsed attempt at correct information.

I'm sorry if you feel the need to throll at this stage and encourage the topic further off.

yadda yadda....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yawn, getting personal and more stupid "high horse references", don't think there is much point in keeping this open.

stupid_thread.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement