Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spain vs Chile

• 24-06-2010 8:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

I fancy the Double Chance of Chile or Draw.
    I can't access the odds here (in work) but I think it was pretty attractive.

Chile haven't conceeded in their two games and Spain look exhausted in the last 30 minutes.

Maybe the goal index of 0 or 1 goals is one to follow too?

Can anyone find out the odds on those two bets?
    cheers
    m

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mathie wrote: »
    I fancy the Double Chance of Chile or Draw.
    I can't access the odds here (in work) but I think it was pretty attractive.

Chile haven't conceeded in their two games and Spain look exhausted in the last 30 minutes.

Maybe the goal index of 0 or 1 goals is one to follow too?

Can anyone find out the odds on those two bets?
    cheers
    m

chile and draw is 13/8 (pp)
    0 or 1 goals is 9/4 (that looks decent to me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

I Fancy Spain to produce the goods tomorrow (skin of their teeth)...I think their physical advantage will pay off, cant see the game turning out a draw..Spain need this and their center backs like to press forward which will leave the counter on for the zippy Chileans...should be a humdinger of a game:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

4-4 with 8 own goals. As good as most other predictions in this WC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

4-4 with 8 own goals. As good as most other predictions in this WC.

I disagree, one will be disallowed and 1st goalscorer will probably be Casillas from a long punt forward that bounces right over the keeper :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

David Villa @ 1st scorer is pretty attractive at 7/2. Considering he was 15/8 ( correct me if im wrong) to score first vs Honduras i think 7/2 is pretty juicy.

12/5 for more than 3.5 goals looks tempting as well .

Fabregas @ 9/1 to score the last goal of the game could be worth a punt , he'll more than likely appear at some stage + he came close to snatching one when he came on vs Honduras.

Other bets il be doing are both teams to score @ Evs & Spain to win coming from behind @ 13/2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 El_Zigi

13/2 Chile to win is excellent value. I'll be backing them. I believe they have the beating of the Spanish. In fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if they give the Spanish a nasty surprise tomorrow. The thing that's impressed me most about the Chileans is actually when they don't have the ball and the effort put in to win it back. I'd hate to see either of these teams go out at this stage so hopefully the Swiss will slip up against the Hondurans.

I don't for a second expect Chile to play for a draw. I think this Chile team knows only one way to play or probably more to the point Bielsa sends them out to play only one way. And of course no South American team has lost a game at this WC yet. Should be a very entertaing game this one.

3-2 to the Chile!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Chile for me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

for the teams that need something to qualify, the last round of matches have been full of goals.

I'll go Over 3.5 @ 5/2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭ValueSeeker

Decent value bet - To be booked: Arturo Vidal @ 7/5 (Skybet)

Paddypower were as low as 1/4 on this yesterday (currently 2/5). I got in touch to see if it was a mistake and it wasn't. Iniesta has declared himself fit but if Navas retains his place and if Arturo Vidal does likewise, 7/5 is a good price on a yellow for Vidal. He's not a natural left back and Navas constantly gets his direct opponents booked with his pacey direct play.I'm not sure who the ref is but if PP are as low as that on the price, I can only assume he's a trigger happy 1.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Villa first goalscorer @ 7/2 looks very tasty.

I'm like the majority here, I think it'll be a fairly tight game. I've said my piece about Chile before. I really rate the team and their manager. If Suazo can find his shooting boots they have an excellent chance of getting a result. Sanchez will be at the heart of every attack but needs to be clinical if given the chance. Otherwise Spain should win this fairly comfortably.

I'll put some money on Chile win @ 6/1 depending on their line up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

A Brazil/Chile double is 17.5 on Betfair at the moment, going to stick a few quid on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

20/21 +5 Chile corner handicap seems like great value considering the way Chile play with everything going down the wings. And they are up against dodgy enough defenders in Capdavilla and Ramos who prefer to attack than defend...

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Chile 6/1 with Boyle seems like a great side bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Fowler87 wrote: »
    20/21 +5 Chile corner handicap seems like great value considering the way Chile play with everything going down the wings. And they are up against dodgy enough defenders in Capdavilla and Ramos who prefer to attack than defend...

l went for this in a double with switzerland -2 corners at 1/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Chile draw no bet @5.7 will do me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭gnolan

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Chile draw no bet @5.7 will do me.

I hope to god you're wrong. You were spot on with Australia and NZ though weren't you?

Im thinking Chile/Spain h/t f/t @ 33/1

Isla anytime @ 33/1

Dunno about Isla's goal record but he comes bombing up that wing and has a good few attempts in the games ive seen for worth a small stake.

also gonna back Chile for the win too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

Looking forward too this match since Chile's first match.. Too close too call so i ain't having a bet on it just going too enjoy a good game of football..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

gone for a few bets

Chile Draw no bet 4/1 and 11/2 win outright
    Valdivia first scorer 18/1 also anytime 13/2
    chile win 3-2 50/1 stuck a quid on this

would love to see the chileans win this one but knowing my luck it will be 4-0 to spain or something haha best of luck guys!Also just to note spain got 28 goals in the qualifiers and torres didint get 1! couldint believe that when giles said it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

gnolan wrote: »
    I hope to god you're wrong. You were spot on with Australia and NZ though weren't you?

Yeah I was confident enough with Australia but did draw no bet with NZ rather than win/draw

Seeing the Spanish lineup, they have zero natural width with Silva not starting so the midfield will be quite congested.

Chile like to break with pace out wide too so the set up could suit them.

• Advertisement

any team news?

I'll post my any winning(:pac:) bets after FT. Can't be arsed posting them all up now.

Kod-box wrote: »
    any team news?

http://www.fifa.com/live/competitions/worldcup/matchday=15/day=1/match=300061491/index.html

Spain's strongest XI. Chile without their main striker, Suazo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I've gone with Chile draw no bet @ 100/30 & Chile last team to score @ 9/4. (B365)

draw no bet is 9/2 on Betfair now ...hhmm

think i'll stick with what i have mentioned above though.

My bets:

Chile @ 7.4 £2.00

Last Goalscorer Gerard Pique @ 32 £2.00

Spain Win from Behind @ 10 £2.00

First Goalscorer David Villa @ 5.1 £5.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I'll post my any winning(:pac:) bets after FT. Can't be arsed posting them all up now.

Yeah i think i have a good few winners after full time as well.

My bets:

Chile @ 7.4 £2.00

Last Goalscorer Gerard Pique @ 32 £2.00

Spain Win from Behind @ 10 £2.00

First Goalscorer David Villa @ 5.1 £5.00

Get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

one nil spain david villa

• Advertisement

Get in! Good man Villa.

Only a small sum I have to add but I'll clutch at whatever piece of straw I can :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

damn i layed a bit on spain. bit ****ing undserved i think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Sorry for aftertimin but I was away from tha laptop,anyway bet hasnt won yet,gad a double of card before the 24th min in Swiss game with Chile to get more then 4 corners so need them to get 2 more

Also have a double from last night Swiss -1 and Over 2.5 in Spain game

Chile can go out now if Switzerland win.. Or is it head too head results???

Chile already missing 3 players for the next game

matt1958 wrote: »
    Chile can go out now if Switzerland win.. Or is it head too head results???

no head to head does'nt count.

chile badly need a goal because if they lose 2-1 the then switzerland need to win by 2.

as it stands now the switzerland just need to win.

bloody ref has ruined their chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

their goal keeper made a shockin decision looks like chile are on self destruct!

thats fuking nuts.. They have been by far the better of teams in this group.. Crazy goalkeeper and a stupid second yellow card decisions going too send them home. I hope they have been in talking to Spain at half-time:pac:

LOL i hope it stays this way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

phew managed to have a bet on chile straight after 2-0 and lay off at 2-1 to cover my original bet on chile. who knew chile were such a silly team :p really fancied them

2 more corners please Chile!!

I need 1 more goal to make a nice profit on this game , would be a dream if Fabregas was to get it :D

• Advertisement

adamski8 wrote: »
    phew managed to have a bet on chile straight after 2-0 and lay off at 2-1 to cover my original bet on chile. who knew chile were such a silly team :p really fancied them

They are down to 10 men.

Their main striker who scored a load of goals in qualifying isn't playing and has barely played due to injuries.

;)

The only thing I'll question Chile is taking of Sanchez. I hope he picked up a knock otherwise ... :mad:

Good way too get back at the anti football Swiss.. (if they win that is):D..

The only thing I'll question Chile is taking of Sanchez. I hope he picked up a knock otherwise ... :mad:

I hope he didnt because i'll be backing them against Brazil on Monday.

That subtitution worked out well in the end anyway because they got the result to get them through, they werent really pushing to win the group at that stage.

robbie1977 wrote: »
    l went for this in a double with switzerland -2 corners at 1/1

switzerland were winning by 3 corners till the 91st minute
    then honduras get a corner then right at the end switzerland get a corner but the ref blows the final whistle instead of giving the corner.
    result is h/cap draw :mad:

if any1 tells a more unlucky story in this world cup l will give them a tenner

robbie1977 wrote: »
    switzerland were winning by 3 corners till the 91st minute
    then honduras get a corner then right at the end switzerland get a corner but the ref blows the final whistle instead of giving the corner.
    result is h/cap draw :mad:

if any1 tells a more unlucky story in this world cup l will give them a tenner

How much did you have on it Robbie?

Chile vs Spain: First Goalscorer David Villa - €4 @ 7/2 - Won -returns €18

Chile Vs Spain: Total Match Goals over 3.5 - €2 @ 5/2 - Lost

Chile vs Spain: Last Goalscorer Fabregas (Missed a decent chance 89min :() - €1 @ 9/1 - Lost

Chile vs Spain: Anytime Goalscorer David Villa - €3 @ Evs - Won - returns €6

Chile vs Spain: Both Teams to Score Yes €3 @ Evs - Won - returns €6

Chile vs Spain
    Swiss/Honduras: Match Betting : €2 Draw Double @ 3/1 & 3/1 - Lost

Outlay: €15
    Returns: €30

How much did you have on it Robbie?

25 double with chile + 5 at 10/11 and switz 1/1 :(

ah well off to the cred union tomorrow for another loan for the knock out stages :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Aidric wrote: »
    I've gone with Chile draw no bet @ 100/30 & Chile last team to score @ 9/4. (B365)
    Got something outta the game at least.

Had ...

Chile v Spain - D Villa @ 7/2 (Win)

Chile v Spain - Spain 2 - 1 @ 7/2

D Villa to score in 90 minutes and Spain to win the match @ 7/5
    Wincast
    Chile v Spain
    (with/ with 9 or less corners @ 11/10
    Number of Corners
    Switzerland v Honduras)
    *Pending.