Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman dies after being impaled on railings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Indeed, was it the same place as last time, that hostel building thing across the road from the petrol station at start of clare street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Not sure of the exact location Phil.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Yeah,it is.I passed it on the way to work

Very sad. Think they need to remove those railings, or make it so that people can either never fall on them, or climb them.
    Last time that happened, the poor guy tried to walk to johns hospital from what i recall, and died on the way.
    Then we had that recent one 2 months ago or so up the other side of town, and I even remember some other woman in a similar position over by the glentworth.
    Protection of property is a laudable effort, but something needs to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

phill106 wrote: »
    Very sad. Think they need to remove those railings, or make it so that people can either never fall on them, or climb them.
    Last time that happened, the poor guy tried to walk to johns hospital from what i recall, and died on the way.
    Then we had that recent one 2 months ago or so up the other side of town, and I even remember some other woman in a similar position over by the glentworth.
    Protection of property is a laudable effort, but something needs to be done.

Something needs to be done about what? Gravity?

The first one was death by misadventure when the poor Fella died trying to get in after being locked out.

- The second should have been a warning to Limerick City Council and Landords to ensure adequate Fire Escapes are present and accessible etc.

Condolences to the Family and Friends at this time.

• Advertisement

Raiser wrote: »
    Something needs to be done about what? Gravity?

The first one was death by misadventure when the poor Fella died trying to get in after being locked out.

- The second should have been a warning to Limerick City Council and Landords to ensure adequate Fire Escapes are present and accessible etc.

Condolences to the Family and Friends at this time.

Well either gravity or the spikes!
    Why are the spikes on railings? To ensure people do not try to climb them. Does not seem to work.
    As it stands, you are not allowed to set broken glass on top of your walls like people did years ago, as trespassers were getting injured when the poor little diddums tried to climb your wall in preparation for breaking into your house.
    If that is not allowed, then why are spikes?

If they had the spikes curved downwards in a semi circular curve, the fences would still stop people climbing them, yet if by some accident you did fall on them from not too high, you would not wind up being skewered.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

There is a two year old child without a mother from this fall. The father is still in prison to my knowledge.

As for the railings arguement, she fell from the top floor and came out a window that you could not simply fall out of by stumbling.

Going by comments from some of her relatives and neighbours of where the girl was originally from, it would seem that the cause of her coming out a window that you would have to climb up to is under investigation by the Gardai to see whether she climbed up of her own accord or whether she had help.

Even without the railings, it would seem that the girl would not have survived a fall from that height.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Kess73 wrote: »
    There is a two year old child without a mother from this fall. The father is still in prison to my knowledge.

As for the railings arguement, she fell from the top floor and came out a window that you could not simply fall out of by stumbling.

Going by comments from some of her relatives and neighbours of where the girl was originally from, it would seem that the cause of her coming out a window that you would have to climb up to is under investigation by the Gardai to see whether she climbed up of her own accord or whether she had help.

Even without the railings, it would seem that the girl would not have survived a fall from that height.
    Exactly, this has nothing to do with the railings at all at all. Take away the railings and you still have an extra storey fall from any of those Georgian buildings.

As the White Stripes once sang about, you can't take the effect and make it the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 sugajay

May she rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Tragic way to die.
    RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cutymonalisa

Front page of limerick leader today.
    Murdered for a €50 bag of heroin.
    RIP

No, that was the Moran chap, murdered in 2006 - RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Thanks cutymonalisa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

What is the story here? There was a man arrested in connection with it but was released shortly after, anyone know what he was arrested for?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Passed it today and theres alot of flowers, my thoughts are with the girl's family and friends at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Jigga wrote: »
    What is the story here? There was a man arrested in connection with it but was released shortly after, anyone know what he was arrested for?

The man was arrested under section 4 (look that up yourself).. He is well known to the guards..

Advertisement