Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Market trader

Options
  • 24-06-2010 9:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has had experience of a particular galway market trader who sells veg and fruit opposite the Anthony Ryans Homestore on Saturday mornings.

I had the "pleasure" of purchasing some items from her a couple of weeks ago. When I went to use the items later that day i found that while the "shown" portion of fruit looked fine, the "unshown" portion was complete mush. Bad luck on my part but decided to let her know the following week that I had received a bad batch of fruit. Again the following week I went to purchase some more fruit and while doing so, I decided to mention about the bad batch I received the week before - I was in such shock at her reaction - she scowled at me and told me that it could have never have come from her - that I was mistaken - and she walked away. I was a bit stunned as the look on her face was quite scary. When I reiterated that I had purchased from her she sneered at me and said she had no other complaints and basically I was in her way and to move on. I was completely taken aback at her demeanor - especially as she is reliant on people purchasing her products. I had never been treated like that before. I went to one of the other traders that I do busines with and relayed the story to which the reply was that she had received more than one complaint that morning on her produce and that she was "not a very happy soul".

So just be warned - while the Galway market is a great place to be with fun, atmosphere and a great vibe, there is always one "bad apple"

wondering has anyone else experienced her "friendliness".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

caviat emptor.
    there is no reason why you can not pack the fruit in yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

if there was a facility to do that I would have , but they were all pre-packed in punnets. Also I was not too bothered about the faulty produce - that can happen to anyone - what did bother me was the attitude I experienced when I mentioned it. Never came across such surly, rude behaviour in my life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Never came across such surly, rude behaviour in my life.

If it is the one I am thinking of I have seen her as she buys the stuff in the wholesalers that morning and then straight over to the market to get rid of it.

She does another market out west in the county I think.

sponge bob

that is interesting to know.

I can guarantee you that if you did business with this person, she would stick in your head, not for her produce, but her attitude.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I only ever buy from producers in that market...apart from the Olive Oil and Sheridans of course :) Producers have pride in their product, but there are rather few of them.

• Advertisement

yes I have learned my lesson there.

Beware anybody who encounters this stall - if you are looking for service with a smile - dream on - seems like there might be a few fibs being handed out to customers along with the sneers.

Buyer beware

Advertisement