Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A cruise missile slammed into the Pentagon on 911

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Pentagon witnesses claim to have heard whooshes, smacks, etc..

Rick M: "we heard a sound like a missile,"

Joel Sucherman: "Almost like a heat seeking missile was locked onto its target,"

Micheal DiPaula: "It sounded like a missile,"

Tom Seibert: "Sounded like a missile."
    And vuvuzela sound like a hoard of bees.
    Are they bees?
    Richard Benedetto: "Sounded like an artillery shell,"
    Oh wait it must be an Artillery shell then...
    Few weapons are capable of penetrating the amount of reinforced concrete seen in the Pentagon attack, this brilliant white fireball is typical of the plasma type reaction of a tactical "Bunker Busting" thermonuclear warhead.

How can it be a "typical reaction", when there's no such thing as a "Tactical Bunker Busting Thermonuclear Warhead"?

Also fire =/= plasma.

That's clearly fire.

This is plasma:
    plasma-converter-17.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

aidan24326 wrote: »
    I'm not saying they were faked, I don't know. However you seem to think they just wouldn't do such a thing. That's where we disagree.

I don't seem to think they could do something a thing. It's just the phonecalls revealed personal intimate information between family members. How do you think

A) these phone calls were faked.

B) How the US government had fingertip access to the kind of information divulged in these calls.
    As for the black box recordings from United 93, have you ever heard them? Do you know exactly what's on it?

I know the black box recordings were played at the inquest. I know that the family members of passengers and crew were able to listen to the recordings. They're satisfied. Why doesn't that satisfy you?

As I recall some witnesses did see another plane in the area at that time. I don't know that they shot it down, but I do think it would have been quite possible.

Witnesses saw Untied 93 fly into the ground, there was no damage to the plane beforehand.
    And the whole story of the American heroes rushing the cockpit did sound a bit like a movie script to me.

And I'm sorry your cynicism aside, look at this practically, you're a plane that has been hijacked by four men, you sneak a phonecall to your wife/mum/partner and discover this isn't an isolated incident that morning, and three other planes have been used as missiles to attack three buildings. Your options are sit back and hope for the best. Or do something and die trying. I know what I would do. The passengers actions are well documented. Even the flight crew used honey wagons to charge the hijackers, and kettles of boiling water to attack them.

It may sound terribly hollywood and cliched to you, but to anyone aware of the story it's plausible and highly commendable act of desperation and courage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

Oh yes they did..

Few weapons are capable of penetrating the amount of reinforced concrete seen in the Pentagon attack, this brilliant white fireball is typical of the plasma type reaction of a tactical "Bunker Busting" thermonuclear warhead.

And yet an over the counter Geiger counter could prove this claim true, no one has bothered to check the scene out with one.
    Pentagon witnesses claim to have heard whooshes, smacks, etc..

Rick M: "we heard a sound like a missile,"

Joel Sucherman: "Almost like a heat seeking missile was locked onto its target,"

Micheal DiPaula: "It sounded like a missile,"

Richard Benedetto:
    "Sounded like an artillery shell,"

Tom Seibert: "Sounded like a missile."

Metaphor and Simile meet banned user. Banned user meet the concept of metaphor and Simile.

Diagram shows the thermonuclear warhead vaporized seven layers of especially reinforced concrete, before exiting on the inside of C Ring!

Thermonuclear warheads aren't precision weapons. I imagine the cars on the free way a few hundred meters from the pentagon would have melted into the tarmac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

e508db0f1364.jpg

This is a strange image. Whatever made that exit hole, You would expect to see it there. Like a plane or something, part of a plane even. Something burst thru there. Where is it ?

Don't try and tell me that, that ****ty little bit of rubbish is what blew that hole in the wall, then just collapsed straight onto the ground. How many other walls did it go thru ? It's so totally redic dawgs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Not sure what wall it is, but if it's the last wall, then there wouldn't be enough strength left in the impact to blow a load of debris all over the place. Only a small amount of stuff that was in and around the impact would be blown out.

Also, is there any context for that picture. I've never seen it before myself. Was it taken straight after the incident. Hours? Days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

e508db0f1364.jpg

This is a strange image. Whatever made that exit hole, You would expect to see it there. Like a plane or something, part of a plane even. Something burst thru there. Where is it ?

Don't try and tell me that, that ****ty little bit of rubbish is what blew that hole in the wall, then just collapsed straight onto the ground. How many other walls did it go thru ? It's so totally redic dawgs

Never saw this picture before so not sure where it's from. It's important to be aware that the ground floor of the pentagon is open plan so there are only two solid walls, front and back. The block sections with the windows I believe start at the first floor level. So a heavy object bursting through from front to back on the ground floor wouldn't be too surprising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Oh and on the idea that there wasn't enough/any plane wreckage... an Air France Airbus ran off the end of the runway in Toronto and plunged down a ravine. All the passengers got off even though the plane did catch fire.

Air_France_Flight_358_cropped.jpg
    Look at how much of the plane is simply gone from the fire, a fire which was fairly quickly put out.

There are several other examples of planes which are almost complete gone from crashes and/or fires.

Advertisement