Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

helmet issues

• 24-06-2010 10:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Shark RSX which is about 18 months old. It's only the second helmet I've owned so the dumb questions are as follows;

shark-rsx-interieur_.jpg

The highlighted box shows stitching in my helmet that leaves a deep impression across my forehead whenever I take the thing off. As a baldy, it's quite obvious and mates keep referring to it as my fake hairline!!

This didn't always happen but I think maybe the surrounding padding is flattening off a bit and exposing the heavy stitching more. The helmet doesn't feel too tight either. Tbh, I'm sure some or all of the lining is removable but since the helmet it proving to be quite fiddly, I'm reluctant to start pulling it apart.

How do I stop this happening??

Also- visors: The first was knackered after about 9 months of dry, infrequent leisure use after it cracked by it's hinges. I had it replaced and for about the last 3 months, a layer has been peeling off and the 'hinge area' is showing signs of cracking again. Can this be upgraded.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bigjoe

I am not from or have anything to do with Biker.ie but this is the second time I linked them today. Sorry to the Mods.

If you post it on Biker .ie The right man is a member there (The importer) and should be able to answer the question.

Joe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭EGOSHEA

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JSully

depending on the price of that helmet liner, maybe a beanie hat wud work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 Tearaway

Try wearing a light balaclava for a few weeks under it (you can get a silk one for about €15). This will open it up a little - I would go messing with it - it'll never be the same after you do.

As for the visor - visors only really last for abou t6 months - I've never seen a layer pcome off - if there perhaps a protective film on it that can be removed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Tearaway wrote: »
    Try wearing a light balaclava for a few weeks under it (you can get a silk one for about €15). This will open it up a little - I would go messing with it - it'll never be the same after you do.

As for the visor - visors only really last for abou t6 months - I've never seen a layer pcome off - if there perhaps a protective film on it that can be removed

I have my lid for over 18 months and have no issues with the visor. Sometimes the sprays you get for visors to remove water can cause damage, might be the reason.

Did you ever get onto the lad on Biker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

EGOSHEA wrote: »

I've seen those and they're quite light. I'm certain if it was thicker, it might work.
    Tearaway wrote: »

It's definitely coming off in patches. I haven't treated the 'new' one any different than the original.
    RosieJoe wrote: »
    I have my lid for over 18 months and have no issues with the visor. Sometimes the sprays you get for visors to remove water can cause damage, might be the reason.

Did you ever get onto the lad on Biker?

Posted the same question on Biker and never heard anything back apart from some helpful posters. Do you know that guy's username over there??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

cantdecide wrote: »
    I've seen those and they're quite light. I'm certain if it was thicker, it might work.

It's definitely coming off in patches. I haven't treated the 'new' one any different than the original.

Posted the same question on Biker and never heard anything back apart from some helpful posters. Do you know that guy's username over there??

Here is another problem, same as yours

http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=98373&highlight=shark+helmet

Easilyled is the member you need to talk to.

Advertisement