Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

staying in maldron...what to do ?

Options
  • 24-06-2010 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

hi guys,

i've snook over from the limerick board to ask ye what is there to do in the area...we are staying in the maldron tomorrow night , have 2 daughters 9 and 5yrs old.....i have a family pass to brigits gardens so will do that saturday , but what else can we do in the area....

any replies will be appreciated

ooh and free ideas or cheap ideas will be met with open arms :)

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Hi Cmurph,

The Maldron is directly across from a cinema, bowling alley and amusements so you could pass the time in there!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

ooh great ..thanks a million

the weather is meant to be very good so we might just laze about with a picnic or something....

is there a park near by maybe ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMoore

Walk in rinville woods, look at the boats at the quay - 5 mins drive from the Maldron in Oranmore. Go to the AWESOME playground on the Doughiska road (nearwhere the Galway NCT's are held) - really is worth going to, the girls will happily spend an hour or two, and it's completely free...Turn into the tur Uisce estate for parking and it's a very short walk up to the playground, 2 mins, or if they bring rolllerblades, they can go in the skate park, or play basketball/tennis for free on the courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Just so you know, Brigit's Garden is nowhere near the Maldron - it's about a half hour drive away!
    Anyway, if the weather is nice you can go to the beach in Kinvara (Doorus) and you'd be sort of on the road back to Limerick too!
    If you want to travel a bit further afield you can head out to Salthill to the Acquarium. I always found that kids love it. Enjoy your weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭30lady

NMoore wrote: »
    Walk in rinville woods, look at the boats at the quay - 5 mins drive from the Maldron in Oranmore.QUOTE]

There's a play ground in the middle of the woods too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

thanks guys ,

yes i knew brigits garden was a bit away from the maldron , but it was lovely , we spent a couple hours there and its so quite and peaceful we all really enjoyed it ,

we also went to rinville woods..thanks a million..the girls loved it!! : )

on the way home we had lunch in mother hubbards and then took the road for lehinch from there , but down that road i saw a sign for tracht ? anyway the beach...so we went that way :D
    a teeny tiny boreen is all i can call it, and it went on forever but the views were fab and we pulled up on the side of the road and went into the water just off the pier ...we swam for an hour and saw jelly fish and crabs , it was a bit of heaven!

headed back to the main road and moment of madness decided to go the burren road...road signage not the best or had bee turned and not armed with a map..it took us almost 2 hours to get to corofin in clare to get back on the road home...it was an adventure anyway and we saw all of the burren i reckon :)

we will be back to galway as it really is a fantastic place.....passed by galway shopping centre but didnt get to go in , so next time there wilol have to be some retail therapy done :)

thanks guys

Advertisement