Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP PLEASE - WORK ISSUE

Options
  • 24-06-2010 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi :confused:
    We just recently in work sent a letter for a pay rise to our direct bosses who in turn sent it our director.
    We have not recieved any feedback on it but were instead advised to wait, and they would get back to us.
    We are in a profession where we are very underpaid and have pointed this out. We work for a profitable company so there is no reason for us not to get the payrise. We were on the NWA but that has been reduced from 5%pa to 1.25% for the last two years.
    Would anyone have any advice on what we should do next. We do have the union in our company but as of yet we don't feel that we need their interjection as we have not been refused but we don't know how long we should wait before we are replied to. We sent the letter 18/05
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hi Dee, I'm going to move this to the "Work Problems" forum.
    They should be able to advise you.

(Moved from Limerick City)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dee1973

Thanks but I have it there - just really wanted an update as quickly as possible as director is back from holidays monday and I want to have my plan in place by then.
    but as I am fairly new to it I will take your guidance on this... thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭chappy

what kinda job do you work in?

No offence but most companies have pay freezes in operation if not pay cuts...If you want to secure your jobs I would not be pushing for increases

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dee1973

hi

thanks for all your comments. Greatly appreciated.
    We got a response to our request and although it was not a blanket offer to the team they have offered to introduce opportunities for career progression which in turn will mean more money for those successful. - so in other words if your work is the standard they expect you will get the pay rise. seems fair to me.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

dee1973 wrote: »
    so in other words if your work is the standard they expect you will get the pay rise. seems fair to me.
    Even without knowing you, or what job you are in, I can say you are not doing well enough, and thus won't get the pay increase. It's an old trick to buy time for them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement