Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paramore playing the O2, November 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I keep trying to get through to @paramoreireland on Twitter, but no luck...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Toweroverme_x

Pen Rua wrote: »
    I keep trying to get through to @paramoreireland on Twitter, but no luck...

me too. it seems like they're just ignoring that question :\

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Support is B.O.B and some other band, can't remember sorry. Hayley tweeted about it maybe a week ago

eire1 wrote: »
    Support is B.O.B and some other band, can't remember sorry. Hayley tweeted about it maybe a week ago
    B.o.B and fun. were announced as support for the UK tour by Hayley [first via PFC]. Then, both artists [Bobby Ray and fun.] posted their tour dates a few days later, and Dublin [and the Scotland date, I think] was not included in either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

eire1 wrote: »

"Fun."
    Who are playing the US the day before dublin so they're out....B.O.B isn't supporting for dublin either.

• Advertisement

Has anyone checked out fun.? I did, and bought their album ^_^

Has anyone checked out fun.? I did, and bought their album ^_^

They aren't supporting in dublin.......:rolleyes::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Jody has a hitlest is msd go to guys for support there not that bad if they pick them as support must guys at paramore well no them

I still bought the fun. album, I really like them. They're just up beat and stuff.

On the PFC, someone called them [Jody Has a Hitlist] Jody Has a Sh**list... I am not a big fan. I wouldn't mind them supporting, but I wouldn't like them to support. I am hoping someone like Young Guns or YMAS or The Blackout would open. They all are on tour around that time, so they could use the show as a warm up...?

Plus, I think B.o.B and fun. aren't supporting for financial reasons... And they aren't doing the Scottish date either, I think so it makes sense in a financial way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I still bought the fun. album, I really like them. They're just up beat and stuff.

On the PFC, someone called them [Jody Has a Hitlist] Jody Has a Sh**list... I am not a big fan. I wouldn't mind them supporting, but I wouldn't like them to support. I am hoping someone like Young Guns or YMAS or The Blackout would open. They all are on tour around that time, so they could use the show as a warm up...?

Plus, I think B.o.B and fun. aren't supporting for financial reasons... And they aren't doing the Scottish date either, I think so it makes sense in a financial way...

young guns on a uk and ireland tour and are playing that date

you me at six are on a sold out uk and ireland tour with the blackout

i say it will be jody has a hitlest and some english band who are not to big

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Chuffed B.O.B. isn't supporting them :P Would be epic if VersaEmerge supported them in dublin but like I dunno :/

I think Versa are doing some gig in Chicago then... Order their album, waiting for it to be shipped x]

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I think Versa are doing some gig in Chicago then... Order their album, waiting for it to be shipped x]

:'(
    VersaEmerge or All Time Low would be my dream support acts but it seems unlikely.
    And their album is totally worth the wait btw :)

Eh, I could take or leave ATL. I'd LOVE Versa to support. Apparently, they dont get along [as in Paramore and Versa]... I order the CD from FBR on Monday, and still hasn't been shipped :s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamhallen

I would die if it was ATL but somehow i severely doubt it. . I'd love if they supported some irish talent, the shower scene or fox avenue maybe:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

B.o.B confirmed as support by MCD.....lame!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

tomissex wrote: »
    B.o.B confirmed as support by MCD.....lame!

god that is weird :s didnt see that coming

A V A wrote: »
    god that is weird :s didnt see that coming

not like he was already announced for uk or anything :rolleyes:

i havent a clue on any updates or news on paramore

A V A wrote: »
    i havent a clue on any updates or news on paramore

it was just a page back in this thread...

• Advertisement

havent read any of this thread :rolleyes::p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Have two tickets for this gig, will hopefully be going with my girlfriend. :D

Tickets aren't selling that well at all this time round! I think it's because there's no new album or no film (*cough*, Twi****e) to publicise them this time 'round. I'm not complaining though, that means it's more likely that it will be just hardcore Paramore fans like me there! :)

B.o.B for support, really? I'm all for diversity and what not, but he doesn't really appeal to me that much. If only they landed Jay-Z.. (dream on John, dream on..).

It's going to be hard for them to top having YMAS as support though (like back in December, that was an awesome night!)

EDIT:
    Just checked out MCD.ie, here's the article that confirms B.o.B as support!

http://mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=4081464&ar=paramore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ivoryblue

ah I seriously can't wait! I actually adore this band!
    Seeng B.o.B's gonna be pretty weird, just saw this now on Hayleys tumblr - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Osza15k_Qo&feature=player_embedded
    The audios pretty crap but you get the idea.

ivoryblue wrote: »
    ah I seriously can't wait! I actually adore this band!
    Seeng B.o.B's gonna be pretty weird, just saw this now on Hayleys tumblr - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Osza15k_Qo&feature=player_embedded
    The audios pretty crap but you get the idea.

As long as he can get the crowd going, I won't mind the fact that a lot of his songs are very mediocre. If he creates a good atmosphere, I'll just join in the fun and enjoy myself!

Cannot wait for this gig now, just 13 days away! =D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TawaLikeXD

I was so excited for Paramore that I got my ticket right away and then it turned out that none of my friends could go. I still wanna go and all but I don't know about going solo :L

TawaLikeXD wrote: »
    I was so excited for Paramore that I got my ticket right away and then it turned out that none of my friends could go. I still wanna go and all but I don't know about going solo :L

From experience, the Paramore crowd is usually pretty friendly so just make friends with the people around you and you'll be grand. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

From experience, the Paramore crowd is usually pretty friendly so just make friends with the people around you and you'll be grand. :)

For sure they are. I remember well the last time they played the 02.

Great crowd energetic crowd. Could not believe kids where camping out over night to be first in line though. Sooooo much pain for nothing.

Looking forward to this. Always a good from them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

TawaLikeXD wrote: »

I stood on my own at Lady Gaga, it was grand. No bother at all. I'd say go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I am going to this gig but am not looking forward to it at all. They were terrible in Marley Park and I found their fans to be quite irritating both times I have seen Paramore. Bob supporting just shows how mainstream and pop Paramore have become. Last year You Me At Six made the show, shame theres no good rock band supporting.

• Advertisement

They were terrible in Marley Park

I heard mixed reactions about that performance, but I wasn't there (unfortunately) so I can't give you an honest opinion of what I thought. All the people who said it was great were die hard Parawhore's, and all the people who told me it was shiote were part of the "We hate Paramore" group of people. I haven't actually gotten any unbiased feedback from their performance from any of my friends/acquaintances.

However, that night, after they played, Hayley saw a Twitter message from me to her about how I was upset that I couldn't make it, and she replied. Made my night, last day of the J.C. and all. =)
    I found their fans to be quite irritating both times I have seen Paramore.

Really? I always thought Paramore fans were a kind and energetic bunch of people. Sure, it's 90% peppy teens, and if you're not one yourself (I still am, especially at a Paramore gig) I can see how it might be very slightly irritating, but I mean, nothing ground breaking that would hinder your fun at the concert. Just go with it, and enjoy yourself.

If you mean they were ignorant/mean, that really is the first I've heard of that. Any time I go to Paramore I've been able to make new friends and interact with everyone around me and they were all very friendly..
    Bob supporting just shows how mainstream and pop Paramore have become.

I don't think B.o.B supporting means that they have become pop.. Mainstream, maybe, but that's only because they've gained many fans recently and have become more popular worldwide. I doubt this will effect their music too much, but we won't know for certain until we hear the next album, eh?

My advice, StaticAge, is to go into the concert with an open mind. If you go in thinking 'this is gonna be ****e', you'll probably think it is, but if you go in thinking 'well, it could be good', you might just have a good night. And if Paramore aren't awesome, I will eat my hat. :)

Advertisement