Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paramore playing the O2, November 2010

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

what i dont understand is if you dont like paramore why go to their gig ??:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

A V A wrote: »
    what i dont understand is if you dont like paramore why go to their gig ??:rolleyes:

I probably could've scratched out my entire giant post there and replied with that and it would have sufficed.

I'm a tad slow sometimes. :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Scuba Dice have also been confirmed to play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Accompanying a cousin and it was a half price ticket :P

I heard mixed reactions about that performance, but I wasn't there (unfortunately) so I can't give you an honest opinion of what I thought. All the people who said it was great were die hard Parawhore's, and all the people who told me it was shiote were part of the "We hate Paramore" group of people. I haven't actually gotten any unbiased feedback from their performance from any of my friends/acquaintances.

However, that night, after they played, Hayley saw a Twitter message from me to her about how I was upset that I couldn't make it, and she replied. Made my night, last day of the J.C. and all. =)

Really? I always thought Paramore fans were a kind and energetic bunch of people. Sure, it's 90% peppy teens, and if you're not one yourself (I still am, especially at a Paramore gig) I can see how it might be very slightly irritating, but I mean, nothing ground breaking that would hinder your fun at the concert. Just go with it, and enjoy yourself.

If you mean they were ignorant/mean, that really is the first I've heard of that. Any time I go to Paramore I've been able to make new friends and interact with everyone around me and they were all very friendly..

I don't think B.o.B supporting means that they have become pop.. Mainstream, maybe, but that's only because they've gained many fans recently and have become more popular worldwide. I doubt this will effect their music too much, but we won't know for certain until we hear the next album, eh?

My advice, StaticAge, is to go into the concert with an open mind. If you go in thinking 'this is gonna be ****e', you'll probably think it is, but if you go in thinking 'well, it could be good', you might just have a good night. And if Paramore aren't awesome, I will eat my hat. :)
    Well I am 19 and been to plenty of gigs and I thought Paramore at Marley was one of the worst I have seen. It was mainly because they had no energy at all. Except for Hayley she was giving it everything. The rest of the band looked like they did not want to be there. It felt as if they thought they should be headlining the show, that was the impression me and my friends got. After following Green Day around England, Scotland and for some of us mainland Europe, Paramore were probably the worst support band we saw. And as regards Paramore I do like their music but most of their fan base turn me off seeing them live, but I am ignoring that and going to hopefully enjoy this gig :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

but if you dont like the band why still pay half price ticket:p:p but even going with your cousin , your still guna moan about the band . . . that would just wreck my head:P:P

but if you dont like the band why still pay half price ticket:p:p but even going with your cousin , your still guna moan about the band . . . that would just wreck my head:P:P
    I wont be moaning about the band I will be moaning about the fan base as I said in previous post I actually like the band, just did not care much for Brand New Eyes though :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭sunnysummer

cant wait for Sat. I always think they put on a good show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 LouiseD3

I CANNOT WAIT FOR SATURDAY :pac:
    Paramore are great live - Well that is my opinion! I hear B.O.B is supporting them also ? Has anyone else heard this ?

Where ya'll heading for the after party :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 LouiseD3

Iv only seen them once but I think they are an amazing band but this concert will let me know to weather they are good live, I cannot imagine them been **** dough.. Anyways I think its going to be a great concert!
    BOB & SCUBA DICE... Yessssss:)

Thanks Mister !!

• Advertisement

LouiseD3 wrote: »
    Iv only seen them once but I think they are an amazing band but this concert will let me know to weather they are good live, I cannot imagine them been **** dough.. Anyways I think its going to be a great concert!
    BOB & SCUBA DICE... Yessssss:)

Thanks Mister !!

It's going to be an amazing concert!

And Scuba Dice, they played at my school once, they signed an ace of spades playing card that I had with me. Nice to see them supporting Paramore. =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ivoryblue

However, that night, after they played, Hayley saw a Twitter message from me to her about how I was upset that I couldn't make it, and she replied. Made my night, last day of the J.C. and all. =)

I remember that! I was dead jealous! haha

really can't wait now, I love them so :D

ivoryblue wrote: »
    I remember that! I was dead jealous! haha

really can't wait now, I love them so :D

That was a good day. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭sunnysummer

ya B.O.B SHOUDL BE A GOOD ONE

hey hey you guys got an e-mail from ticketmaster, they're saying there's no pit so no early queuing.? What? are they serious?

hey hey you guys got an e-mail from ticketmaster, they're saying there's no pit so no early queuing.? What? are they serious?

DEADLY!

There was no pit at Blink either, made for a much better experience.

Mr.S wrote: »

Blink didn't have a pit and it was just one big herd of people.

Which was great cos it meant that lots more people got a chance to be up the front for at least some of the gig, as there was a constant stream of people moving back to avoid the chaos..

Mr.S wrote: »
    Still think a pit is better/safer for everyone involved:) If you want to be at the front, que early like everyone else :pac:

I'm never able to queue early, so I was quite happy that I managed to get so far up at Blink. But I only lasted a few songs cos it was violent up there so I had to move back a bit! =P

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭BangBeater

Says 6:30 on tickets... So what time do people reckon support and paramore will be on at? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

BangBeater wrote: »
    Says 6:30 on tickets... So what time do people reckon support and paramore will be on at? :D

Doors opened for Lady Gaga at 6.30, the first act was on just before 7pm, next act 7.30 and then Lady Gaga just before 8.30pm so I'm wondering if it will be roughly the same.

• Advertisement

ok so basically the semi-circular barrier - the pit - won't be there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Xan10

Hi!!
    I want to know if i could meet with some of you at the concert! I have a standing ticket (entrance 3). One friend was coming, but she had to come back to Spain last week, and I don't know anyone in Dublin (i'm spanish and i've only been here for a few weeks!

What time are you going to be there?? I'm pretty lost!!

Thanks!!! and enjoy the show!!!

magnumlady wrote: »
    Doors opened for Lady Gaga at 6.30, the first act was on just before 7pm, next act 7.30 and then Lady Gaga just before 8.30pm so I'm wondering if it will be roughly the same.

This is roughly my experience of most gigs too. Paramore will be on no later than 9PM I reckon. The first band (Scuba Dice) will be on around 7-7.15 PM. B.o.B around 7.30-7.45PM and then Paramore will come any time between 8.30PM and 9PM. This is my assumption based on previous gigs..
    ok so basically the semi-circular barrier - the pit - won't be there?

If they emailed saying it won't be, it probably won't be. Just means it'll be easier to push up to the front if it isn't there.. Might be a bit more chaotic too, all fun though. The people who can't handle it will end up moving back and will make more room for more people to push in. The crowd at Paramore will be fairly young too, I reckon, so that should be grand. =)
    Xan10 wrote: »
    Hi!!
    I want to know if i could meet with some of you at the concert! I have a standing ticket (entrance 3). One friend was coming, but she had to come back to Spain last week, and I don't know anyone in Dublin (i'm spanish and i've only been here for a few weeks!

What time are you going to be there?? I'm pretty lost!!

Thanks!!! and enjoy the show!!!

I think there's a gig buddies forum? You should post in there. The Paramore crowd is really friendly though, just introduce yourself to as many friendly looking people around you as possible and they'll take care of you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭TemptationWaits

I'm not a huge fan of Paramore, but I'm going on Saturday with a few friends. The prospect of all that standing for hours is a bit daunting though. :/
    Also, weird question, but what if you need to go to the toilet while in the middle of the standing crowd? :/

Hopefully it'll be a good night, the setlist seems decent!

I'm not a huge fan of Paramore, but I'm going on Saturday with a few friends. The prospect of all that standing for hours is a bit daunting though. :/
    Also, weird question, but what if you need to go to the toilet while in the middle of the standing crowd? :/

Hopefully it'll be a good night, the setlist seems decent!

I stood for Lady Gaga. A couple of people felt faint in front of me and had to leave.
    As for the toilet.....well I waited until the concert was over. If I had got through the crowd I wouldn't have got back in again.

Thanks for the quick response!

Ahh, I'll probably be okay. Haven't fainted before! I'll have to cut down on the tea on Saturday...

You'll be grand. If I can do it (and I'm in my 40's) you can do it. The time goes really quickly anyway.

Thanks, that's reassuring! ^.^

Another thing, if it starts at half six, what time do people plan to start queueing at? We have to drive up from Cork so we won't be there that early. And what does it mean that there won't be a pit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Thanks, that's reassuring! ^.^

Another thing, if it starts at half six, what time do people plan to start queueing at? We have to drive up from Cork so we won't be there that early. And what does it mean that there won't be a pit?

It won't start at half 6, doors only open then (first support should come on between 7 and 7.30). A lot of people will queue at mad hours, like 12, but that's to be at the very front. I'm in work til 5 so I'll probably head in shortly after that. The great thing about the O2 is that it's curved so wherever you're standing, you won't be a zillion miles away so don't worry about getting there late. Having no pit basically means that there isn't a section at the front sectioned off by a barrier (you can only get into a pit with a pit pass which you get by queuing at mad hours). Essentially the standing area is one giant area rather than two.

• Advertisement

That's very helpful, thanks. See you there!

Advertisement