Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paramore playing the O2, November 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mangangreg

My friends and I all have standing tickets. My ticket says 'Entrance 1' but my friends say 'Entrance 3'.

We're all ground floor standing, do you think we could all just queue together at one of those entrances?

I presume from experience that the standing isn't gonna be divided up, and someone already said there won't be a pit. So what do you think?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

mangangreg wrote: »
    My friends and I all have standing tickets. My ticket says 'Entrance 1' but my friends say 'Entrance 3'.

We're all ground floor standing, do you think we could all just queue together at one of those entrances?

I presume from experience that the standing isn't gonna be divided up, and someone already said there won't be a pit. So what do you think?

Thanks.

At Blink the queue at entrance 3 overflowed so we had to queue at entrance 1 so I don't think it matters that much. It's really just for crowd control so everyone isn't queuing at the one door. I'd say ask one of the stewards when you get there, there's always loads of them around. If it comes down to it and you're not allowed you'll easily find them when you get inside so don't fret! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

You can get a chance to meet Paramore.
    HMV in Grafton street are selling 300 Paramore tshirts with meet and greet wristbands in them.
    Starting from 9am tomorrow morning. The meet and greet will be before the show.

I'm gutted because the first Sligo train doesn't arrive until 10am so I haven't a hope. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fairyprincessx

magnumlady wrote: »
    HMV in Grafton street are selling 300 Paramore tshirts with meet and greet wristbands in them.

I'm gutted because the first Sligo train doesn't arrive until 10am so I haven't a hope. :(

:eek: How much will the t-shirt be do you think?

:eek: How much will the t-shirt be do you think?

It's 14.99 all the info is here: http://www.paramore.net/blog/hmv-t-shirt-exclusive-meet-greet-offer/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ivoryblue

same i won't arrive til late either :(
    freaking out I sooo want to meet them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

My train won't arrive until 1.30PM so I'm royally ****ed.

Can't believe I'm missing out on this. =(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamhallen

From experience, the Paramore crowd is usually pretty friendly so just make friends with the people around you and you'll be grand. :)

Friendly? The queue last year was a disgrace. People were being pushed over barriers, girls were starting fights, it was unreal. Hence the reason I'm not queuing tomorrow. And ticketmaster sent around a text message telling people not to queue, I presume after last year.

niamhallen wrote: »
    Friendly? The queue last year was a disgrace. People were being pushed over barriers, girls were starting fights, it was unreal. Hence the reason I'm not queuing tomorrow. And ticketmaster sent around a text message telling people not to queue, I presume after last year.

Well everybody that was queueing around me were awesome people. :/ And um yeah, I got that text too. For those that might not have:
    Paramore:6th-Nov-2010 at the 02-Important: There will be no pit so no early queuing will be permitted. Doors-6.30PM. For more info see ticketmaster.ie

I already hate those 300 people.....
    I'm in work at 8, no chance of me getting one :(

• Advertisement

tomissex wrote: »
    I already hate those 300 people.....
    I'm in work at 8, no chance of me getting one :(

I hate them too! I can't get my mate in Dublin to grab me one because it's limited to one pp and he'd want one too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

at blink the que was fcukin horible i was up the front and people around me said that paramore was worse !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

soo... the people who are going to the meet and greet (hopefully) what time y'all queing up at HMV ? might go in at 7ish .. though i will probbaly be too late.

A V A wrote: »
    at blink the que was fcukin horible i was up the front and people around me said that paramore was worse !!!!!!

Blink queue sucked alright. Some guy took a piss in a bottle and tried to sell it, and there pretended to take a **** in said bottle after no one would buy it. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nci87

MGMTea wrote: »
    soo... the people who are going to the meet and greet (hopefully) what time y'all queing up at HMV ? might go in at 7ish .. though i will probbaly be too late.

i was thinking of going in at about 7 aswell. im hoping that it wont be too late. .
    does anyone know what happens after meet and greet? do ya join the back of the q?

Blink queue sucked alright. Some guy took a piss in a bottle and tried to sell it, and there pretended to take a **** in said bottle after no one would buy it. :eek:

what:confused:

A V A wrote: »
    what:confused:

Some random ****** standing near us in the queue. He thought he was hilarious, god bless him. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

I got my wristband and t-shirt this morning ! i'm going to meet paramore xD it was mental outside HMV though, everybody that was at the back of the que ran up to the top but were told to go back :D alot of pushing and crushing, but was worth it!

MGMTea wrote: »
    I got my wristband and t-shirt this morning ! i'm going to meet paramore xD it was mental outside HMV though, everybody that was at the back of the que ran up to the top but were told to go back :D alot of pushing and crushing, but was worth it!

I hate you. :(

(Don't take it personally, I hate everyone that got one :P )

W.O.W.
    What a show compared to their gig back in Simmonscourt... the lights and the videos were awesome! Loved the setlist, Looking Up was brill and the little acoustic set in the middle was a nice touch. Really thought they were fantastic.

I no longer hate the 300 people who meeted and greeted...I hate Megan from Donegal :p

Gotta hand it to B.o.B as well! He really got the crowd going. I really only know Airplanes so I didn't have high hopes but I really enjoyed his performance!

Hope everyone had a good night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

tomissex wrote: »
    W.O.W.
    What a show compared to their gig back in Simmonscourt... the lights and the videos were awesome! Loved the setlist, Looking Up was brill and the little acoustic set in the middle was a nice touch. Really thought they were fantastic.

I no longer hate the 300 people who meeted and greeted...I hate Megan from Donegal :p

Gotta hand it to B.o.B as well! He really got the crowd going. I really only know Airplanes so I didn't have high hopes but I really enjoyed his performance!

Hope everyone had a good night!

I'll write more when I hit my pc but I felt ashamedto be Irish today,screw you guys that where throwing sh1t!, anyone know what was up with josh something must have happened, never seen him like that before. Later and ill write more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

that was a good show tonight. I doubt that Donegal girl will ever forget that.

forget what ??
    cant wait to hear the storys and what happened to your man josh :P:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Darkwhite

from what i hear, it was her birthday and she sang a song with them :pac:

Thought it was a was a fantastic show. I was delighted I wasn't standing, saw a few people being dragged out. If I'd have been let on stage like Megan from Donegal was I wouldn't have been able to sing.
    People shouldn't have been throwing things on stage though I bet those glo sticks really hurt.
    I thought b.o.b was amazing too, he really is talented. Loved the mgmt song he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭TemptationWaits

I wish I had been seated, I started to feel so sick just before Paramore came on so I had to go to the back of the crowd. It was just so stuffy, everyone was being pushed up against each other and though there was water given out it only reached the first few rows. People were turning around before Scuba Dice came on. So I ended up towards the back of the standing crowd, while my friends stayed at the front. The concert seemed good but it kind of sucked watching it on my own from a distance, though I did get talking to another girl who felt sick.

A more interesting story is, before I went back and while I was in the middle of the crowd, one my friends accidentally pushed my money out of my pocket and it fell on the floor, a fifty note and a twenty note. She told me straight away so I found the fifty on the floor, but there was no sign of the twenty. After the concert finished we had a look for it on the floor but couldn't find it. My friend wanted to get some confetti, so she grabbed a handful of it from the pile that had been swept up. What was in it? €20. :)

So, overall, Paramore were good, but the crowd just ruined it for me.

I completely forgot about all the sh1t being thrown! Really disgusting behaviour I have to say, especially when Hayley asked people to stop throwing glowsticks and then more got thrown up! Whoever threw the shoe (and threw it again when Hayley threw it back) should be really effing proud of themselves. Thank god it wasn't their first time here....

"Dublin was amazing!!" "Dublin was the sh1t" according to Hayley's twitter :D

Thought it was a was a fantastic show. I was delighted I wasn't standing, saw a few people being dragged out. If I'd have been let on stage like Megan from Donegal was I wouldn't have been able to sing.
    People shouldn't have been throwing things on stage though I bet those glo sticks really hurt.
    I thought b.o.b was amazing too, he really is talented. Loved the mgmt song he did.

People get dragged out like that at every rock concert. People push up to the front, realise they can't take it, and either feint or get the security guys to drag 'em out. Lots of people around me were dropping. We got right up to the barrier by the end of the gig because of all the people who got up there and realised they couldn't handle it! =)

I was very angry at the people throwing the glo-sticks but I thought Hayley handled it really well. There was no Axl Rose type 'we're leaving if you don't stop' ****, instead she just threatened to throw them back at us! :p
    I wish I had been seated, I started to feel so sick just before Paramore came on so I had to go to the back of the crowd. It was just so stuffy, everyone was being pushed up against each other and though there was water given out it only reached the first few rows. People were turning around before Scuba Dice came on. So I ended up towards the back of the standing crowd, while my friends stayed at the front. The concert seemed good but it kind of sucked watching it on my own from a distance, though I did get talking to another girl who felt sick.

That's exactly what I was like that at Blink, but this time I came prepared. We had a bottle of 'emergency water' with us, which we kept in case one of us was desperately in need of a drink. And when the cups of water started coming around, we shared them with the people around us so that they would, in turn, share them with us when they got them.. I managed to survive the entire gig up at the front and I must say, it wasn't half as uncomfortable as Blink..

As for the gig, I personally thought it was amazing. Jeremy stuck his tongue out at me cos I wouldn't stop waving at him, and when Hayley went to pick a singer (which btw I think is decided on before the gig, because they never seem quite as excited as you know you would be if you were picked, and it's always someone who's birthday coincidentally happens to be on that day too, ah well) a load of random guys standing around me hoisted me up into the air to try and get me picked. Looked like it might've worked too, except for the security guy told me to get down. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭iMac Hunt

Great gig last night, was gutted I didn't get a meet and greet wristband but their performance last night more than made up for it. Here are some photos and some video I took at the gig.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=247799&id=604299200&l=dc72ac1461

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLI3xRG8rgs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7vDlRkoa7I

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

iMac Hunt wrote: »
    Great gig last night, was gutted I didn't get a meet and greet wristband but their performance last night more than made up for it. Here are some photos and some video I took at the gig.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=247799&id=604299200&l=dc72ac1461

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLI3xRG8rgs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7vDlRkoa7I

Cool pics thanks for sharing, i have to say just look at Josh in 90% of them, he just doesnt look into it at all, his body was there but not his head hope everything is ok for him

Advertisement