Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paramore playing the O2, November 2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I seen a few pics on the O2 Blueroom Facebook page and i must ask , why do younger people bring rucksacks with them to a gig? Why do you need them , cant remember how many times at blink i got hit with cause they just ram threw you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

I seen a few pics on the O2 Blueroom Facebook page and i must ask , why do younger people bring rucksacks with them to a gig? Why do you need them , cant remember how many times at blink i got hit with cause they just ram threw you.

i dont get it at all, but then all the camera gear i seen was unreal, video cameras also plus its to store the "7up" or "coke" :D

projectgtr wrote: »
    i dont get it at all, but then all the camera gear i seen was unreal, video cameras also plus its to store the "7up" or "coke" :D

Yea would actually love to find out whats in them. When i go to a gig i just put my camera in my pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Because they like to bring tonnes more shit than is necessary and it doesn't all fit in your pockets. My friends and I are starting to learn the rule of the less you bring, the less you can lose/get stolen from you, and it's more comfortable. Seriously, why would need anything more than a phone, some money and your tickets at a gig? Possibly a camera but I mean that's it, I don't get these people with bags full of stuff..

Yea when i go to a gig all i bring is my phone,wallet,ticket,i pod(Just for the travel up to dublin back) and camera and THEY ALL FIT IN MY POCKET

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

wtf is wrong with josh :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    someone pleae explain , did his cat die or something ±!!!!

A V A wrote: »
    wtf is wrong with josh :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    someone pleae explain , did his cat die or something ±!!!!

He always looks blank like that. I will admit though, last night he looked more off than usual..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

He always looks blank like that. I will admit though, last night he looked more off than usual..

ive been to all their irish gigs i know how josh is on stage, but at one point he was sitting at the side of the stage for a song, then his intro for Haley was just really strange, he kept looking off to the side of the stage all night, and spent alot of his time playing with his back to the crowd :confused: he wasnt there last night at all i wonder what happened

projectgtr wrote: »
    ive been to all their irish gigs i know how josh is on stage, but at one point he was sitting at the side of the stage for a song, then his intro for Haley was just really strange, he kept looking off to the side of the stage all night, and spent alot of his time playing with his back to the crowd :confused: he wasnt there last night at all i wonder what happened

Marriage issues, maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I was wondering the same at the Lady Gaga concert. People with rucksacks and huge bags. It's mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Josh wasn't THAT bad, i mean he was having fun with the security guy over on the left side :L saw him a few times jumping around at him and laughing with him, other than that he looked abit blank. He looked happy at the meet and greets :D HIGH FIVES :D

My paramore pics are here. Not great because we were about a mile away
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnumlady/sets/72157625333605692/

My girlfriend took most of the pics so when she puts them up I'll post a link. =)

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

I brought my girlfriend to the gig there on Saturday. Considering I'm not a fan of Paramore, I had a really good night. It could have been a great night if people weren't being so disgusting. I couldn't believe the crush that was going and there wasn't even any sign of a support act. The amount of people who were on the verge of throwing up and passing out was unnatural.
    We ended up having to leave 2 songs after their acoustic set.
    We slipped into the back for the rest of the concert, where we had room to breathe!
    Such a shame about all those bloody morons throwing glowsticks on to the stage and I'm pretty sure I saw Hayley chuck a shoe back into the crowd?
    Why go to a concert and start that carry on?! Amazes me!

Also, met about 6 absolutely deadly girls from Tullamore in the queue for Entrance 1 but didn't get any of their last names. What a crying shame! :(

Lornen wrote: »
    I brought my girlfriend to the gig there on Saturday. Considering I'm not a fan of Paramore, I had a really good night. It could have been a great night if people weren't being so disgusting. I couldn't believe the crush that was going and there wasn't even any sign of a support act. The amount of people who were on the verge of throwing up and passing out was unnatural.
    We ended up having to leave 2 songs after their acoustic set.
    We slipped into the back for the rest of the concert, where we had room to breathe!
    Such a shame about all those bloody morons throwing glowsticks on to the stage and I'm pretty sure I saw Hayley chuck a shoe back into the crowd?
    Why go to a concert and start that carry on?! Amazes me!

Also, met about 6 absolutely deadly girls from Tullamore in the queue for Entrance 1 but didn't get any of their last names. What a crying shame! :(

i know how feel about the crowd ! we we're pretty much the first people in and it started to fill really quick, so i got outta there did not like it at all :( but it was cool from the side/back

It was actually ridiculous. I don't know why, but there was 6 ft lads piling infront of everyone. There was so many short people around them, totally unfair. They were just barging through people. There were 3 drunken lads who gave my girlfriend such a hard time. We left soon after. It was really awesome when we were free of it though!

oh and from now on, i'm never taking pictures or recording from a concert again, kinda ruins it now :( gonna enjoy the show :p

It was actually ridiculous. I don't know why, but there was 6 ft lads piling infront of everyone. There was so many short people around them, totally unfair. They were just barging through people. There were 3 drunken lads who gave my girlfriend such a hard time. We left soon after. It was really awesome when we were free of it though!

We were watching all the pushing from where we were sitting. It started so early, way before any band was on stage.
    The Lady Gaga crowd were much more civilised. I was standing quite near the front and didn't get pushed once.
    Although there did seem to be a lot more people standing at Paramore.

MGMTea wrote: »
    oh and from now on, i'm never taking pictures or recording from a concert again, kinda ruins it now :( gonna enjoy the show :p

I know what you mean. When I'm taking photos I can't enjoy the gig as much. Although I didn't take many photos during Paramore, I was too busy raving :D

Ah a fellow Sligonian was present! I saw by your pictures you were standing?!
    Yes, I was to the left side of the stage, it started as soon as the place filled up.
    There were two girls trying to stay together by holding hands and they were being wrenched apart and this was about 20 minutes before Scuba Dive even came on stage..
    It was like something out of the bloody Titanic. Completely insane!
    I'm still in total shock over how everyone behaved. Not being sexist but I got a serious amount of trouble off men. I spent the whole of B.O.B behind a 6 foot guy who wasn't even looking at the stage.. Why he felt the need to be right at the front of the standing area was beyond me.
    I wish people were just a touch more considerate. I don't want to see anyone replying to my comments with "OH IT'S A CONCERT THAT WHAT HAPPENS" because I've been to plenty of concerts and no it doesn't.

Great performance on Paramore's behalf regardless!

• Advertisement

Ah a fellow Sligonian was present! I saw by your pictures you were standing?!
    Yes, I was to the left side of the stage, it started as soon as the place filled up.
    There were two girls trying to stay together by holding hands and they were being wrenched apart and this was about 20 minutes before Scuba Dive even came on stage..
    It was like something out of the bloody Titanic. Completely insane!
    I'm still in total shock over how everyone behaved. Not being sexist but I got a serious amount of trouble off men. I spent the whole of B.O.B behind a 6 foot guy who wasn't even looking at the stage.. Why he felt the need to be right at the front of the standing area was beyond me.
    I wish people were just a touch more considerate. I don't want to see anyone replying to my comments with "OH IT'S A CONCERT THAT WHAT HAPPENS" because I've been to plenty of concerts and no it doesn't.

Great performance on Paramore's behalf regardless!

No I wasn't standing (thankfully). I did it for Lady Gaga and I'm too old for that craic :rolleyes:
    I was in Block C row 30 hence some of the bad photos....they wouldn't let me use my decent camera.
    I agree with you, I've been to plenty of concerts where the crowd aren't like that.
    I also don't get the people that go to the concert that really don't want to be there. We had a few near us that sat the whole way through it with their arms folded. They should have stayed at home and watched the X Factor!

There were quite a lot of roaring drunks there. One guy was falling all over people as we were walking out of the O2.

The crushing was pretty bad but I mean, if you get to the front of a rock concert and don't expect some degree of madness/crushing/discomfort, you're a bit silly..

There was not a single point during the concert where I though "Hey, this is getting pretty bad, maybe I should retreat back" and I'm sure my girlfriend thinks the same, cos I was checking to make sure she was alright every few minutes. =/

Whereabouts where you guys situated? Because where I was (just to the right of the barrier in the middle and at the very front) the crush was bad but bearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭TemptationWaits

Anyone who was sitting definitely was better off, needless to say! People were being so crushed they turned around before Scuba Dice even came on. And talking to the security people after the show, they were totally unhelpful!!

Anyone who was sitting definitely was better off, needless to say! People were being so crushed they turned around before Scuba Dice even came on. And talking to the security people after the show, they were totally unhelpful!!

Yeah, I had several girls pass me by 30 minutes into standing. Also, as soon as someone left there was this intense crush to fill the space. Mental!

Anyone who was sitting definitely was better off, needless to say!!

Not really, I got to stand about 2 or 3 metres from my heroes, while the seated people watched from afar..

Definitely worth getting squished for!

Also, I looked back at the seated crowd a few songs into Paramore's set and a large majority of them were actually still sitting down.. Hayley had to make them stand before they got up. What was that about? My experience with sitting has usually always been that as soon as the main band comes on, everyone that is able to, jumps outta their seats! =P

The crushing was pretty bad but I mean, if you get to the front of a rock concert and don't expect some degree of madness/crushing/discomfort, you're a bit silly..

There was not a single point during the concert where I though "Hey, this is getting pretty bad, maybe I should retreat back" and I'm sure my girlfriend thinks the same, cos I was checking to make sure she was alright every few minutes. =/

Whereabouts where you guys situated? Because where I was (just to the right of the barrier in the middle and at the very front) the crush was bad but bearable.

Oh dear. I heard the front was bad but bearable sure, for Paramore we settled in at the centre stage but in the centre of the crowd. Getting it from every direction and the water that was being handed out kept going to the same people every time. It was just so horrid standing there helplessly with your limp arm out hoping someone would be kind enough to hand a cup back but to no avail!
    I could imagine the front being bad, but atleast you had air infront of you, to breathe.. We had people on all sides, pushing past and breathing down our throats. No room whatsoever to move! I had people's hands places I'd struggle letting my girlfriend near, never mind total strangers!
    It was so hot and damp. There was also a heavy lad to my right who kept pushing me over and digging his elbows into me.. The bruises on my legs are unreal! :(

EDIT: I was about 15 ft from the front barriers.. Just realised I must have been fairly close, as the walk back to civilisation was pretty long! :P

Oh dear. I heard the front was bad but bearable sure, for Paramore we settled in at the centre stage but in the centre of the crowd. Getting it from every direction and the water that was being handed out kept going to the same people every time. It was just so horrid standing there helplessly with your limp arm out hoping someone would be kind enough to hand a cup back but to no avail!
    I could imagine the front being bad, but atleast you had air infront of you, to breathe.. We had people on all sides, pushing past and breathing down our throats. No room whatsoever to move! I had people's hands places I'd struggle letting my girlfriend near, never mind total strangers!
    It was so hot and damp. There was also a heavy lad to my right who kept pushing me over and digging his elbows into me.. The bruises on my legs are unreal! :(

EDIT: I was about 15 ft from the front barriers.. Just realised I must have been fairly close, as the walk back to civilisation was pretty long! :P

I'd imagine that must have been fairly bad alright. You're right, we had a barrier on our left in case we needed to lean out for fresh air, you were totally stuck.. :(

It was pretty insane! I was standing on my tippy toes to get a gasp of cold air. Also, the water was being handed out to the same people over and over again.. I got a drop on my face at one stage and I was so absolutely happy. How desperate does that sound? :P

Not really, I got to stand about 2 or 3 metres from my heroes, while the seated people watched from afar..

Definitely worth getting squished for!

Also, I looked back at the seated crowd a few songs into Paramore's set and a large majority of them were actually still sitting down.. Hayley had to make them stand before they got up. What was that about? My experience with sitting has usually always been that as soon as the main band comes on, everyone that is able to, jumps outta their seats! =P

i got up to seats (sneaky :D) i was only sitting for a while because i was tired :L but i eventually got up when i was told by Hayley :P

• Advertisement

It was pretty insane! I was standing on my tippy toes to get a gasp of cold air. Also, the water was being handed out to the same people over and over again.. I got a drop on my face at one stage and I was so absolutely happy. How desperate does that sound? :P

Not desperate at all, I was the same at Blink! =P

I got a lot of the water but I always passed it on once I made sure that my GF and my other friend were alright and had gotten some..

Advertisement