Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paramore playing the O2, November 2010

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Of course you do expect pushing at a rock concert but pushing way before even one band starts is mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

My fourth time seeing them (in less then a year)

Was disappointed tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭TemptationWaits

It was the lack of fresh air that really did me in, breathing in the scent of BO constantly while being crushed between people, a drunk girl was stroking the back of my head, and someone's cup of vodka came dangerously close to spilling on me. :o The break between BoB and Paramore seemed to last forever too, in the end I just turned around.

On a different note, they didn't play Careful!! D: Loved Playing God though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

On a different note, they didn't play Careful!! D: Loved Playing God though.

I was very surprised at the absence of Careful considering they released it! When they started the encore with BBBB I thought it'd be a 3 song encore to include Careful but apparently not!

They didn't play Playing God....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Not really, I got to stand about 2 or 3 metres from my heroes, while the seated people watched from afar..

Definitely worth getting squished for!

Also, I looked back at the seated crowd a few songs into Paramore's set and a large majority of them were actually still sitting down.. Hayley had to make them stand before they got up. What was that about? My experience with sitting has usually always been that as soon as the main band comes on, everyone that is able to, jumps outta their seats! =P

The second floor middle seats are by far the best o2 seats. You are close to the stage everywhere in the 02 , but in those front seats you have a really good view of everything from the front to the back of the stage . Plus the sound is unreal.

From the very front near the stage (standing) you get a restricted view of the stage and stand right in front of all the sub woofer speakers. Good for a few songs, but getting your guts pounded by massive arena speakers get uncomfortable and sounds bad.

• Advertisement

Was disappointed tbh.

Why were you disappointed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

gsxr1 wrote: »
    The second floor middle seats are by far the best o2 seats. You are close to the stage everywhere in the 02 , but in those front seats you have a really good view of everything from the front to the back of the stage . Plus the sound is unreal.

From the very front near the stage (standing) you get a restricted view of the stage and stand right in front of all the sub woofer speakers. Good for a few songs, but getting your guts pounded by massive arena speakers get uncomfortable and sounds bad.

To each his own, I guess, but I like to be right up there with the band, as close as possible. It didn't sound bad nor was it uncomfortable, although at times during B.o.B's set the bass was pretty rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭TemptationWaits

tomissex wrote: »
    They didn't play Playing God....

Looking Up, I meant. *d'oh* Overall though I thought the playlist was pretty good.

After being at the Gorillaz and experiencing little to no pushing or squashing, I can understand why so many people were discomforted by the severity of the squashing and pushing at Paramore, but it is like that at every rock bands gig... The ones that I've experienced, at least..

Gorillaz was a nice change from that though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

magnumlady wrote: »
    Why were you disappointed?

They're just not that strong live :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Was disappointed tbh.
    Is this Martyn?? :p

They're just not that strong live :pac:

I thought they were really good. I've never seen them live before. I would go and see them again.

magnumlady wrote: »
    I thought they were really good. I've never seen them live before. I would go and see them again.

Was my second time, also thought they were great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I thought they were pretty bad, found myself nearly falling asleep during the set. Was at the front row for Bob and he was pretty good, but me being in a morphsuit I got pretty hot and moved back.

Advertisement