Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Get Yer own Jirachi!...Saturday 26th!!

• 24-06-2010 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Yep! You can get your Jirachi this Saturday on Nintendo Wi-Fi!!

http://bit.ly/aInPVJ

What does it do?

It unlocks Night Sky Edge, a Pokéwalker route!

What games can I use to get it?

D/P/Pt/HG/SS. The more games you have, the more Jirachi you can get! ^_^

When does it end?

July 16th 2010. So be quick!!

If this has already been done, or is against the rules, sorry. :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Can't get my DS to connect with my WiFi :(

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Yay, Jirachi. I've never had a Jirachi before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

excellent. Ive never had one before either. Nice find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Cool, was beginning to think Ninty had forgotten about SS/HG when the monthly events dried up after 2 rounds...
    Had loads of these little buggers in Diamond but never one of my own, so never used one in play - for some reason they were the easiest legendary for me to get on the GTS through trading breedable non-legendaries, so I stocked up and then moved them on to get bigger and better legends. I will save that story for my book, Confessions of a Pokéfence.

Edit : Anyone know if the nature's fixed like the shreddie-eared Pichu in plat/d/p?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

* counts how many games he can download this to *

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭El Nick

Yay! Another one I can take off the "need to acquire" list, which is a good thing - I only realised after a few hours of playing Shadows of Almia that you can't get Manaphy and Darkrai off Ranger net anymore :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yay :D Means I won't have to travel to get this one :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Wi-fi won't let me... :(

i think this kinda of giveaway is great from nintendo. It means that all pokemon could be obtained without hacking (if they did more of these).

Id never be able to make it to an event to get a pokemon, but i would go so far as to pay for it. Hell im buying my pokemon ranch just to get the mew.

Fair play nintendo. Credit where credit is due

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jazzkamiden

Oops...forgot to mention it was on Nintendo Wi-Fi. :o But most of you figured it out already. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Banjo wrote: »
    Cool, was beginning to think Ninty had forgotten about SS/HG when the monthly events dried up after 2 rounds...
    There is events coming in July, I don't know anything other than that.
    Edit : Anyone know if the nature's fixed like the shreddie-eared Pichu in plat/d/p?
    It's not a set nature download, just soft reset for the nature and IVs that you want

There is events coming in July, I don't know anything other than that.

Do you know if they'll be wi-fi or in-store type of things?

Do you know if they'll be wi-fi or in-store type of things?
    There's an in-store one with "Prof.Oak" but I'm not sure if that's July or August. When I have the info, I'm sure I can get a Chatot to Chatter out the information.

I just realised I can get the Jirachi in Spanish too!

There's an in-store one with "Prof.Oak" but I'm not sure if that's July or August. When I have the info, I'm sure I can get a Chatot to Chatter out the information.

I just realised I can get the Jirachi in Spanish too!

I'll try my best to get to that one, be it in the UK or not!

El Nick wrote: »
    Yay! Another one I can take off the "need to acquire" list, which is a good thing - I only realised after a few hours of playing Shadows of Almia that you can't get Manaphy and Darkrai off Ranger net anymore :(

I've still got them available on mine, if you're looking for them.

(Oh the wonders of save backups :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

WTF is the "minimum of 2 wonder cards" about?

it says 2 or fewer, not 2 minimum
    You can't have 4 wonder cards far as I remember - so if you have 2 you can download it but if you have 3 you can't.
    Simples! *squeak*

Anyone get theirs yet? I'm so excited :P I'm connecting up now

Yep. Got mine. Working on getting each nature. Have a good few so far ;)

I haven't done it yet.. so if I download and look at my Jirachi, if i keep soft resetting will it have a new nature? What's the best nature for it, one with high sp atk?

• Advertisement

You can download the wondercard, then just go to a pokemart, and speak to the guy in green. He will give you your jirachi. If it has a poor nature, then soft reset until the one he gives you is good natured. I plan on getting one of each nature anyway.

I suppose I should go download this.

And then get to work trying to find a hack to make the previous wonder cards shareable :/

wayhey wrote: »
    I haven't done it yet.. so if I download and look at my Jirachi, if i keep soft resetting will it have a new nature? What's the best nature for it, one with high sp atk?
    With base 100 in all stats (bar HP), Jirachi can do what you want it to do.

If you want a Special Attacker aim for Modest or Mild. If you want a Physical Attacker aim for Adamant or Naughty. If you want a Speedy one aim for Hasty, Naive or Timid.

If you want a Trick Room one then aim for a negative speed nature like Quite or Brave.

I feel like quoting the Iron Giant movie around now, "You choose what you want to be".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

wobbles wrote: »
    You can download the wondercard, then just go to a pokemart, and speak to the guy in green. He will give you your jirachi. If it has a poor nature, then soft reset until the one he gives you is good natured. I plan on getting one of each nature anyway.

pardon my ignorance, but how can you get one of each nature?

pardon my ignorance, but how can you get one of each nature?

I was wondering that too!
    Does anyone know is it possible to get a Shiny Jirachi from the event? If it's possible I'm totally SR'ing for one...

EDIT:
    It is impossible to get a shiny Mystery Gift Pokémon, unless it is meant to be shiny like the Pikachu-colored Pichu. This is because in the game's coding, there is a shiny check function which prevents Mystery Gift from being shiny by regenerating a new PID until the Pokémon isn't shiny.
    From http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mystery_Gift#Generation_IVa
    Oh well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jazzkamiden

If anyone here doesn't know how to get their router on no security, I'll be able to help. I just turned it off and on within about 2 minutes. ^_^ (on eircom)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

If anyone here doesn't know how to get their router on no security, I'll be able to help. I just turned it off and on within about 2 minutes. ^_^ (on eircom)

I'm on Perlico. I think I have to change my security settings from WEP to WAP, or vice-versa, or something.

I'm afraid of breaking the internet to be honest.

If your router supports it, you can drop security altogether and use MAC address exclusion to only allow specific network cards to access the network. Like any wireless security it's not exactly bulletproof but given that most casual hackers trying to get onto, say, an eircom network will be using the default password / SSID decoder method, and there's usually plenty of choice in any given area, they're more likely to try and hack someone else when the method fails on yours.

To get one of each nature you'd need multiple copies of the game. Or multiple instances of a ROM (assuming you own the original cartridge legitimately) and multiple save games / copies of the same save game. You download the wonder card once, save your game, clone the save and then keep going in to the shop, talking to the guy and getting Jirachis until you get one with the stats you want. Trade it over to your master card, get a fresh copy of the cloned save, go in to the shop and repeat till you have all natures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Could be in time to tie in with the Wii Pokepark game, its set to release near end of July I think.

Also got my Jirachi, must tell my friends before the 16th.

• Advertisement

How are you peeps training it up- if at all?

I think I'll get Platinum this summer (my Diamond is lost forever...) and move it over and bring it with me :) Either that or EV train it-my first. I don't really want to "waste" it.

Mine's Modest anyway so I'll be going for a "nuke 'em" Jirachi :D

I think I'm going to need to find a publicly accessible wireless point to d/l Jirachi, as my USB connector is being a pain again :/

To get one of each nature you'd need multiple copies of the game. Or multiple instances of a ROM (assuming you own the original cartridge legitimately) and multiple save games / copies of the same save game. You download the wonder card once, save your game, clone the save and then keep going in to the shop, talking to the guy and getting Jirachis until you get one with the stats you want. Trade it over to your master card, get a fresh copy of the cloned save, go in to the shop and repeat till you have all natures.

Yep thats basically it. Got one of each nature now :)

you mean you still don't have one of each nature with perfect IVs? Back to work, you lazy sod!

Ha ivs dont interest me in the slightest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Just randomly browsed onto this....

Never had a Jirachi before :D

*Wonders what the hell a wonder card is*
    *looks it up*

ahhh :D

time to get my first...(and second!) jirachi :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Balasubbie

Always the way: spend ages waiting for rare 'mon and when ya get it, can't
    justify changing your squad to use it consistently.

Balasubbie wrote: »
    Always the way: spend ages waiting for rare 'mon and when ya get it, can't
    justify changing your squad to use it consistently.

I think I might just trade it over and use it while levelling. Let's face it, it can't be used in tourneys and it'd be so fun to be followed in HG by a Jirachi everywhere :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

My brother got so excited when I told him about this. He's on a quest for legendaries, bless him :D

Is he short of anything in particular or would a too-easy charity-trade undermine his Quest(tm)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I got the event Draco Meteor Jirachi in the states earlier this year. Would I be right in thinking that this is the same one? If so, would I be able to download this guy? I presume I can (downloaded the original one to Platinum if that makes any difference)

• Advertisement
Advertisement