Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel in Europe! HELP?

Options
  • 24-06-2010 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

My wife has a walking disability, uses a 'scooter' to get around. Plane travel is out. So we are thinking of going to the 'sunshine', say Spain / Portugal, by train & boat (not with car!). Are we 'mad'? Has anybody taken on any such journey. Any advice / help will be appreciated, i.e., is this something we could organise ourselves with bookings etc. or should we approach a 'travel agent' ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

MKMaguire wrote: »
    My wife has a walking disability, uses a 'scooter' to get around. Plane travel is out.
    Many people with limited mobility travel by plane. The airlines are well used to bringing passengers to/from their seats in transfer chairs. Are you really sure you want to rule out this option?

Travelling by boat/train could be a real chore, and could take days. You may well run into accessibility problems at ferry terminals and train stations too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Padraig18

Hi MK,

I do some part time work for a non-profit organisation based in Germany called MyHandicap.com. They have a lot of information on the website including tips for travelling and about holiday destinations. There's also a forum where you can get the advice of other users, or alternatively you can contact someone in MyHandicap.com directly and we will help you in anyway we can!

www.myhandicap.com

Best regards,
    Padraig

Advertisement